British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Berwick 17.08.18 7.30pm

It’s got to be a win for us to keep on the pressure for the play offs! Doubt it though as our record at scunny ain’t the best! Still, with this team I’ve come to expect the unexpected :lol: 

We might have a full team, a bit battered and bruised maybe, but non the less a welcome change for the Scunthorpe fans.  A must win  needed for us too, so expect a very competitive meeting. :t:

46 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

It’s got to be a win for us to keep on the pressure for the play offs! Doubt it though as our record at scunny ain’t the best! Still, with this team I’ve come to expect the unexpected :lol: 

we won there in 2016 Sarah xx

• Like 1

With Steve riding Wednesday & Thursday & Jason now guesting for Sheffield Thursday(I don't know if any of our other riders are guesting), fingers crossed that both come through unscathed & we can have, eventually, our original 1-7 back together. Gino had a spin Saturday, hopefully with a new or re-built engine & I hope Stefan has had another spin. Berwick's strength in depth worries me as they seem to fill in minor places & score well in the reserve department. We need our 1-5 to hit them hard with 5-1's & 4-2's with our reserves chipping in, hopefully, around 7 or 8 & that should be enough. Weather looks to be fine, not too hot, so should be an excellent race track with not many races ftg :nono:or by end of bend 2 on 1st lap. :nono:

Here's hoping. Up The Scorpions  :t: :cheers: :drink:

• Like 1

Keep hoping, saw Jason outside the office at Sheffield last night after the meeting showing Jack Lee a swelling near the bottom of his leg, an injury he's apparently been carrying a while. Jack was telling him he ought to rest it and not come back till it's right, advice I think that fell on deaf ears!

Only had one decent ride last night Jason, so it's obviously affecting his racing.

This is  a first home meeting for weeks. So come on you SCORPIONS. You owe us a home win!     GOOD LUCK!    Don't be like our friends up the road who collect noughts in their scores!

1 hour ago, June said:

This is  a first home meeting for weeks. So come on you SCORPIONS. You owe us a home win!     GOOD LUCK!    Don't be like our friends up the road who collect noughts in their scores!

sory june its bandit time to shine mmmm very nice

What has happened to Gino?

He started the season off well and now seems to have gone completely off the boil

Why has NBJ not had 7 rides?

4 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Why has NBJ not had 7 rides?

Surely he should have been in heat 13, although it would have meant four on the trot.

5 hours ago, June said:

Your friends up the road collect trophies instead.

5 hours ago, June said:

Well your friends up the road beat Berwick, and have a trophy this season and two last season

2 hours ago, jrs said:

Surely he should have been in heat 13, although it would have meant four on the trot.

Or heat 10

• Like 1