British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

Absolutely throwing it down in Wisbech at the moment:(plus plenty of thunder.Hopefully it will clear very soon to leave a dry afternoon.

Edit:10 minutes on and still absolutely hissing it down,if Lynn gets this i think you can say goodbye to the speedway tonight,everything is flooded here.

Edited by tellboy

35 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Absolutely throwing it down in Wisbech at the moment:(plus plenty of thunder.Hopefully it will clear very soon to leave a dry afternoon.

Edit:10 minutes on and still absolutely hissing it down,if Lynn gets this i think you can say goodbye to the speedway tonight,everything is flooded here.

Im in Swaffham and its totally dry here. 

We just had 15 minutes of stair rods - no kidding and I am in central KL. any more and it may well be off.

Careful waytogo28 you will incur the wrath of the club. This is what was put on twitter after Stars Update tweeted it was raining

-BU8_VH5_bigger.jpgRobin Brundle @Robinbrundle
FollowingFollowing @Robinbrundle
More
Replying to @KLStarsUpdates

Please defer to the official site as the weather is passing through and we are going racing tonight 

6:31 AM - 13 Aug 2018

For the record, having posted weather updates from Lynn for many years, it's no longer raining stair-rods but it is raining steadily tho brigtening up over Wills mothers.

25 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Careful waytogo28 you will incur the wrath of the club. This is what was put on twitter after Stars Update tweeted it was raining

For the record, having posted weather updates from Lynn for many years, it's no longer raining stair-rods but it is raining steadily tho brigtening up over Wills mothers.

I must be over Wills mothers as it has actually started to dry up here.I am amazed after the deluge we have had.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I must be over Wills mothers as it has actually started to dry up here.I am amazed after the deluge we have had.

Easing off here too now but plenty of puddles.

22 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Easing off here too now but plenty of puddles.

Throwing it down again here.

Well If the official word is its on...then its on..... Will Buster be blading all the slop off as people enter the stadium ?  Been here before.  That's my mind made up.

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Throwing it down again here.

That would explain it being black over Wills Mothers again:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

There's that trust issue raising it's head again :rolleyes:

So basically, it's p!$$ing down which people are reporting but the club want people to believe things are absolutely hunky dory.

Brilliant 

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

There's that trust issue raising it's head again :rolleyes:

So basically, it's p!$$ing down which people are reporting but the club want people to believe things are absolutely hunky dory.

Brilliant 

I don't think there is anything wrong with people posting weather updates.I too don't believe there is anything wrong with Brundle's quote.He hasn't called anyone a liar,just that the weather is meant to pass through.And they obviously believe they will get a meeting on if the weather forecast they get is correct.

Raining in Heacham & Hunstanton area at the moment.

If you are travelling from this area, be warned that there is a burst water main on the A149 at  Sandringham.  Traffic lights have been set up, and delays are quite lengthy.

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with people posting weather updates.I too don't believe there is anything wrong with Brundle's quote.He hasn't called anyone a liar,just that the weather is meant to pass through.And they obviously believe they will get a meeting on if the weather forecast they get is correct.

Depends which forecast you look at I think, met office gives only10% chance of rain after 7pm but BBC forecasts 46% chance of rain until 9pm. Let's hope the met office are right on this occasion

I posted only a 100% accurate report of the 15 minute downpour at 1.45 pm that took place around The Walks area of KL. I posted that to be helpful so that people could add it to the mix of weather reports. I also said If there were any more like that it MAY be off. Fair enough in my opinion and not posted with the intention of putting anyone off going to the match. I have decided that I am not due to the possibility of further inclement weather. If there is more to come, as at least two forecasters predict. They may have riding but not racing.

• Like 1