British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

47 minutes ago, Trees said:

I think we can probs blame the Championship promoters who voted against Mondays and Thursdays for this predicament!! 

I would move the cut off date, the league should be able to run til the end of October after all and after the terrible weather at the start of the season, it makes sense. 

What's race night's got to do with not fulfilling the fixtures??

The club has gone weeks without a meeting then put on 3 in 8 days. 

We're capable in running meetings on Monday and Wednesday's so not short on available dates.

King's Lynn shouldn't struggle to get meetings in and then require double headers.

23 minutes ago, Haza said:

And mean while in the real world run till the end of October 0% chance 

It might have zero chance,but Trees is right,speedway always use to run until the end of October.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

It would be far more feasible and sensible to run only one meeting for double points.     It cannot be logical to run  two meetings,  when the happening of the first  can only compound the second.     Utter madness.....

It probably would,but i bet the league wouldn't allow it.Plus the riders miss out on a payday.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

We've also got Leicester to fit in again following the original abandonment. 

We have to ride Leicester twice at home yet,Swindon too i think in the KO Cup.

28 minutes ago, Haza said:

And mean while in the real world run till the end of October 0% chance 

In the olden days, actually in the naughties we have but it's all governed by BTSport... 

2 hours ago, Whisperer said:

As much as they have refused to do it every year there are enough clubs in the top 2 leagues in fixture trouble that a 7 day extension might just soften the blow. Let's be honest this regime have done what they liked with the rules so why not make an exception for this one?

Given the terrible weather at the start of the year and the loss of the Mon/Thurs race nights! 

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

We're capable in running meetings on Monday and Wednesday's so not short on available dates.

King's Lynn shouldn't struggle to get meetings in and then require double headers.

Quite a lot to do with it. A number of Wednesday's were unable to be used due to clashes with Denmark. If Thursday's were the FRN, there would be no clashes!!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm not explaining myself, u know exactly what I'm saying. You also know that not all Mondays and Wednesdays are available. 

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

With the FRN it does make it more difficult.You have to really look at the fixture list to understand.With one of the fixtures we had called off in April i remember looking to see when an available date would come up to re-stage it.And low and behold it wasn't until the end of August when both clubs weren't riding in a fixture.I think it was Wolves actually.When Lynn didn't have a fixture Wolves did and vice versa right up until now.So yes sometimes you should be able to race on an off night.This is probably why Swindon have comfortably been getting their meetings in as they can race 3 nights a week.

• Like 1

I'm glad the season doesn't run into deepest October..... Saddlebow is not the warmest place to stand out in around October time.  Has its own micro climate there and always seems to be 5 degrees Cooler than anywhere else. 

As for the double header, It is what it is.  Buster will be dropping a few quid to put it on.  The Riders will be happy as they get 2 pay days in 4 hours.   The fans get to watch 2 meetings for cheap money and only have to pay one lot of fuel, one lot of food, one programme.  What's not to like ?    Seems Like some people wanna moan for the sake of moaning. 

If the racing is good, what does it matter if its the same team twice ?  Most people only go to watch the home riders anyway, so what does it matter who the opposition is ?

Come on Guys, get a grip.

How much is the entry ?

• Like 3

Do you really expect both meetings to have 15 heats next week? I dont, the first one might do and then next will probably have 10. It will be at least £25 to get in, for 25 heats. Not really great value for money in my opinion. 

Not that i would have gone anyway. 

So £25 for 25 heats is not VFM, Yet  £18 for 15 heats is ok ?..... Can I ask what were your maths results at school actually like ? :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, semion said:

I'm glad the season doesn't run into deepest October..... Saddlebow is not the warmest place to stand out in around October time.  Has its own micro climate there and always seems to be 5 degrees Cooler than anywhere else. 

As for the double header, It is what it is.  Buster will be dropping a few quid to put it on.  The Riders will be happy as they get 2 pay days in 4 hours.   The fans get to watch 2 meetings for cheap money and only have to pay one lot of fuel, one lot of food, one programme.  What's not to like ?    Seems Like some people wanna moan for the sake of moaning. 

If the racing is good, what does it matter if its the same team twice ?  Most people only go to watch the home riders anyway, so what does it matter who the opposition is ?

Come on Guys, get a grip.

How much is the entry ?

Yayyyy some positives, at a guess Buster, Robin n Dale wouldn't be putting this double header on without having their hand being forced., ie only way of being able to get the meetings on before the cutoff date. 

We're in a great position in the league and need more points to keep us there, I'm pretty excited about it all, I'm sorry that some of you don't feel the same! The team are happy and give 100%. Wild horses wouldn't keep me away from the double header woooooooo, so what if I start work at 6 next day lol... COME ON OUR STARS :D:D

Just want to add: YOU'LL BE A LONG TIME DEAD PEOPLE, our friend Star Fever would've been loving it if he was here, remembering you m8 xx

Edited by Trees
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trees said:

I'm not explaining myself, u know exactly what I'm saying. You also know that not all Mondays and Wednesdays are available. 

Fix race night is totally irrelevant to the problem we face. It's happened for years. Whether our night's are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday etc King's Lynn always seems to go missing on the fixture list through May and June, just having the odd scattered fixture here and there. This has always been happening. Then once we get into August, a couple of rain offs then panic sets in and double header are required. 

Fact to count in

Our season didn't get started until 18th March due to poor weather. Since then we've only had 3 rain offs including yesterday. 

Between March 18th and September 9th that exactly 48.22% of 2018. Exactly 20 weeks and 5 days. With the World Cup it's 19 weeks and 5 days. Fixed race night's gives us 38 race night's to fulfill 16 home fixtures. 

The fixture planning from the club is appalling. If there's clashes with Denmark, who's fault is that?!? It's only the club's for employing so many Dane's. Every other Premiership team manages ok on a Wednesday. 

In May we had 3 home fixtures in a 5 week month. In June we had 1 fixture in a 4 week month.

If we can't get our fixtures in it's only the club's poor planning throughout the season. There's no excuse for rushing fixtures at the end of if planned correctly earlier in the season.

Fix race night's IS NOT the cause.

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Between March 18th and September 9th that exactly 48.22% of 2018. Exactly 20 weeks and 5 days. With the World Cup it's 19 weeks and 5 days. Fixed race night's gives us 38 race night's to fulfill 16 home fixtures. 

You're forgetting that each club has to fulfil the same number of away meeting as well,  so your argument is way out.    The FRN has in fact has decreased the number of available race days by  half,  regardless of the number of cancellations....

• Like 1

Do not forget we have one less team in the league, only 7 now, and they still cannot get all the meetings run.  There are too many gaps in the schedule to start with then there was the bad weather at the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, semion said:

So £25 for 25 heats is not VFM, Yet  £18 for 15 heats is ok ?..... Can I ask what were your maths results at school actually like ? :D

I never said £18 for 15 heats is ok did i?