British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

10 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

If you have three, four or five Danish riders ( or even one or two ) Wednesdays will be Way Off Limits ( unless somebody in the promotion forgets about Denmark having priority ).

And the fault of that lays with the promotion. 

King's Lynn knew when they came out the AGM fixed race night were to be Monday and Wednesday's.

At the end of the AGM we only had Jorgensen signed. The signing of Iversen was up in the air as he wasn't sure of a British League return.

By mid December the club had their 2-7 chosen, our popular No1 was still uncertain.

As we entered the new year Iversen puts pen to paper, so that 3 Dane's signed knowing Denmark takes priority on Wednesday's.

Initially we had 3 Dane's so we knew racing Wednesday's could be problematic enough. Then Rose left and we employed Palm Toft adding to the issue.

Now further into the season we're running a double header because rider's ain't available on Wednesday's. 

Fixed race night's HAVE NOT caused the problem. Having Dane's in the team knowing full well Denmark has priority IS THE PROBLEM, i.e. no fixture tonight. 

The blame is firmly at the door of the management and not the Championship clubs because they wanted to keep Thursday's.

Going OFF race night also doesn't seem to be a problem for other clubs to try and fulfill their fixtures but we can't seem to be able to manage that option either. 

To now hear we're being awkward to other teams for our away fixtures is nothing short of appalling. 

The club IS being run appallingly and the issues we're running in to are all the club's management's own doing. The blame cannot be placed elsewhere. 

The whole atmosphere had been very positive for a couple of months then the same problems rear their ugely head again. 

Not just British Speedway but King's Lynn as a club really do have some sorting out to do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

To now hear we're being awkward to other teams for our away fixtures is nothing short of appalling. 

The club IS being run appallingly and the issues we're running in to are all the club's management's own doing. The blame cannot be placed elsewhere. 

The whole atmosphere had been very positive for a couple of months then the same problems rear their ugely head again. 

Not just British Speedway but King's Lynn as a club really do have some sorting out to do.

I agree completely. But there will be no "sorting out" I feel sure until there are less than 10 clubs operating. The hardcore of promoters who may be able to stay open will go on and on until they go down like the orchestra on the deck of the Titanic. That may leave a handful of stadiums able to operate on a semi-pro ad hoc way. Very mid 1960's! With very little likelihood of coming back from that as the punters will have dwindled to the bare minimum.

46 minutes ago, therefused said:

£27 for an adult ticket for this. Ludicrous. 

:rofl: that's a proper rip off

Why is it a a rip off? Half price for second meeting sounds reasonable.

BUT if injuries and delays turn it into a fiasco, then it ain't reasonable!

I think the assumption is that it will be 25 heats and not thirty.

Out of interest what price do people think this should be? I'd have thought £25 would be about right.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Out of interest what price do people think this should be? I'd have thought £25 would be about right.

I think 25 would be the right price for a double meeting, 27 seems excessive and although only 2 pounds extra seems a bit high.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

:rofl: that's a proper rip off

I paid £39 for 23 races at a recent over rated GP,now that's a rip off

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

We don't very often share similar views  but  these are my thoughts exactly.      £25.00 is more than enough to attract punters to go any double header.      I have lost count of the DH  I have been too,  and cant remember one that ran as was  expected.     The track is of paramount importance, and has to be good to slick for that amount of races.    A grippy track is more difficult to ride and will create more  accidents.    We don't need many hold ups  before the  time  moves on to a late finish.     I would bet money the second match will finish early,   probably after 10/11 heats, especially if the result is not in doubt.    So thinking along them lines,  £25.00 is more than enough....   

£27 seems reasonable to me, first meeting full price of £18 with the second at half price. Don’t suppose the riders are riding the second meeting for half price points money.......didn’t think so.

Many people on this forum have often said that nearly all clubs are losing money and then when we charge half price it’s to much, sometimes I think the stars promotion must think “why do we bother”.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Personally won't do a double header again anywhere if over £20. The 2nd meeting 9/10 times turns into a fiasco. 

I couldn't care less what the riders get paid etc as it's about value for money to the fans.

For everyone's interest, would have been there Monday and costs pending would have been there for this one as the other half and her lad are Wolverhampton fans.

£25 would have been perfect. £27 is a bit expensive because the 2nd meeting is a gamble really hopefully get 30 heats.

Still getting 2 meetings as fans with all the other expenses being the same as 1. I’m more likely to travel to a meeting at a different venue if it’s a double header too. Gaging by the previous posts that makes me the minority here but you can’t please everybody I guess and people react to negativity more than positivity. 

The saving of fuel, extra program, extra drink and half price 2nd meetining ive probably save £18 over the season out of this!

• Like 1

I think £25 would be decent value IF everything goes smoothly and we get thirty heats. Even £27 isn't too bad if the racing is reasonably good. 

However if they are issues and the second match gets cut short it's not.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think £25 would be decent value IF everything goes smoothly and we get thirty heats. Even £27 isn't too bad if the racing is reasonably good. 

However if they are issues and the second match gets cut short it's not.

That's the risk many people just won't take. If you're a couple with kids £54 is excessive for league Speedway. 

• Like 1