British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

35 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think £25 would be decent value IF everything goes smoothly and we get thirty heats. Even £27 isn't too bad if the racing is reasonably good. 

However if they are issues and the second match gets cut short it's not.

The problem with that is history tends to make folk believe the second sentence will happen.

As with much in speedway nowadays it's all about perception. Quite honestly the perception is the promoters are not always on the side of the fans.

24 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

£25 would have been perfect. £27 is a bit expensive because the 2nd meeting is a gamble really hopefully get 30 heats.

Still getting 2 meetings as fans with all the other expenses being the same as 1. I’m more likely to travel to a meeting at a different venue if it’s a double header too. Gaging by the previous posts that makes me the minority here but you can’t please everybody I guess and people react to negativity more than positivity. 

The saving of fuel, extra program, extra drink and half price 2nd meetining ive probably save £18 over the season out of this!

If i can get time off work i will be going.Not a bad price providing they do get through the 30 heats.

Regarding how people react,most people will react on the negative side this is well known.The brain has a preference to recalling and reacting to unpleasant memories(negativity bias).I try to stay positive if i can.But unfortunately for most the brain will focus on the negative most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always assumed it would be £25 which seems about right given that the 2nd half might not always be completed. 

£2 to high for my interest.

I know this might sound bonkers but I was tempted to travel down for this until it became a double header at 27 pound. The chances are it will descend into a farce and go on till God knows when and still not get completed. If you go for a carvery and after your finished they say do you want the same again for half price chances are you will have had enough after the first one

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It will be up to the Ref to keep the meeting moving  Like putting the 2 min warning on as soon as the last heat has finished  the only exception should be 2 on the trot

Edited by Steve Shovlar

When I was younger I didn't mind the odd DH. More time to drink/chat with the crew. No rush. Loads of races, riders not so self focused. Not ideal, but was ok. Wouldn't go now though..

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

When I was younger I didn't mind the odd DH. More time to drink/chat with the crew. No rush. Loads of races, riders not so self focused. Not ideal, but was ok. Wouldn't go now though..

I know what you mean. This getting older is a bugger. In your head you can do some things but your body says not jolly likely.

Just now, Sherborne Green said:

I know what you mean. This getting older is a bugger. In your head you can do some things but your body says not jolly likely.

I can still do them.. The crew no longer goes, and it's not like it used to be :wink:

Getting older a right pain,got a brick in my shoe today absolute nightmare bending down to sort it out. 57 going on 97

On 8/14/2018 at 11:20 AM, A ORLOV said:

Do not forget we have one less team in the league, only 7 now, and they still cannot get all the meetings run.  There are too many gaps in the schedule to start with then there was the bad weather at the start of the season. 

If there were only four teams in the league, they would still manage to cock it up. They would probably want to ride the other three on the same night!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

£27 seems reasonable to me, first meeting full price of £18 with the second at half price. Don’t suppose the riders are riding the second meeting for half price points money.......didn’t think so.

Many people on this forum have often said that nearly all clubs are losing money and then when we charge half price it’s to much, sometimes I think the stars promotion must think “why do we bother”.

They don't. That's why this fiasco happens time and time again. Absolutely pathetic!  

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

If i can get time off work i will be going.Not a bad price providing they do get through the 30 heats.

Regarding how people react,most people will react on the negative side this is well known.The brain has a preference to recalling and reacting to unpleasant memories(negativity bias).I try to stay positive if i can.But unfortunately for most the brain will focus on the negative most of the time.

I disagree with that,    the brain will take a preference from  previous experiences,   whether its good or bad would depend on how that experience were.     I'm a positive minded person,  but cannot turn a blind eye to the massive gamble and reality of running Double Headers  especially against the same team..    As a supporter to the end ,  I will pay my dues and go, supporting the team and hoping all goes well.    

Such a massive gamble for both teams,   where one incident could destroy a season's work in a single night.  

On 8/14/2018 at 4:05 AM, Haza said:

Absolute madness from the club

Come to expect nothing else, sadly.

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the assumption is that it will be 25 heats and not thirty.

Out of interest what price do people think this should be? I'd have thought £25 would be about right.

It should be £18 and then asking fans to put in, on the way out, what they felt was fair and reasonable for the overall value for money for the 30 heats ( should there be 30 ). That way the club would get the right kind of feedback from fans about what they really think of the idea of a DH versus the same opponents.

• Like 1