British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

When I was younger I didn't mind the odd DH. More time to drink/chat with the crew. No rush. Loads of races, riders not so self focused. Not ideal, but was ok. Wouldn't go now though..

Sums it up for many :D

Hopefully people will give a thought to the fact that this year isn't last year, we are in a great position in the league, the team have worked together to get us where we are, if we are to keep our position in the league and get into the playoffs we need these to go ahead, hindsight is a wonderful thing but useless to us now, I the riders will be taking a 50% pay cut for the second meeting, a few of the old moany ones always want more for their money and for this meeting they have it, oh no moan again, too many races now, unbelievable!  The management think the first meeting will be over by 2015, half an hour after we used to start meetings so cue an interval and onto the second meeting, over by 10? That's 30 races in 3 hours.... I know there could be falls etc but equally there might not be! 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Trees said:

Not ideal, but was ok. Wouldn't go now though..

And that also sums it up for many others. Wouldn't go now though. 

37 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Don`t know if it`s been mentioned in the 9 pages- 6 Danish teams in action on Wednesday 22nd August.

I wonder when Bungle and co will tell us which if any Danes are to be missing on 22nd. Could be Oh Dear Oh Dear another nail in the what's it.

43 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Don`t know if it`s been mentioned in the 9 pages- 6 Danish teams in action on Wednesday 22nd August.

If that affects the Kings Lynn Danish rider I can see this double header being a double disaster if riders are also missing. 

I see Esbjerg have a meeting Wednesday and Iversen is definitely in there squad remains to be seen if he rides for them or the Stars 

Edited by Haza

32 minutes ago, Haza said:

If that affects the Kings Lynn Danish rider I can see this double header being a double disaster if riders are also missing. 

I see Esbjerg have a meeting Wednesday and Iversen is definitely in there squad remains to be seen if he rides for them or the Stars 

As Danish rider his Danish commitments take priority. As they should.

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I disagree with that,    the brain will take a preference from  previous experiences,   whether its good or bad would depend on how that experience were.     I'm a positive minded person,  but cannot turn a blind eye to the massive gamble and reality of running Double Headers  especially against the same team..    As a supporter to the end ,  I will pay my dues and go, supporting the team and hoping all goes well.    

Such a massive gamble for both teams,   where one incident could destroy a season's work in a single night.  

The brains negativity bias is a fact.

Sorry to mention Poole on this thread but they are missing their 2 Danes v Swindon on 22nd!!

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Sorry to mention Poole on this thread but they are missing their 2 Danes v Swindon on 22nd!!

6 teams riding in the Danish league.

6 Premiership teams also riding so guests will be impossible to find, no doubt Poole have already booked their guests too.

If rider's have a choice whether to be at King's Lynn or Denmark what would you choose? A possibility of 12 rides in 1 night or just 6 in Denmark.

It wouldn't surprise me if tight a$$ Buster charges £27 to get in and has Iversen missing. Cha Ching £££££££

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

6 teams riding in the Danish league.

6 Premiership teams also riding so guests will be impossible to find, no doubt Poole have already booked their guests too.

If rider's have a choice whether to be at King's Lynn or Denmark what would you choose? A possibility of 12 rides in 1 night or just 6 in Denmark.

It wouldn't surprise me if tight a$$ Buster charges £27 to get in and has Iversen missing. Cha Ching £££££££

One things for certain it will be the very last moment before they will announce the team if we are missing riders Wednesday night .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trees said:

Hopefully people will give a thought to the fact that this year isn't last year, we are in a great position in the league, the team have worked together to get us where we are, if we are to keep our position in the league and get into the playoffs we need these to go ahead, hindsight is a wonderful thing but useless to us now, I the riders will be taking a 50% pay cut for the second meeting, a few of the old moany ones always want more for their money and for this meeting they have it, oh no moan again, too many races now, unbelievable!  The management think the first meeting will be over by 2015, half an hour after we used to start meetings so cue an interval and onto the second meeting, over by 10? That's 30 races in 3 hours.... I know there could be falls etc but equally there might not be! 

And the whole time some will be singing "Always look on the bright side of life":party:

meanwhile in the the real world

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

:o :o :o

• Thanks 2

The pricing for this meeting hasn't gone down well on social media 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Ha ha! can't see there being much of a Cha Ching ££ to count up. Plonkers! 

4 hours ago, Trees said:

Hindsight may be a wonderful thing but commonsense forward planning is soooooo much better!

• Like 1