British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

We've had all this 'in the squad' stuff for Denmark already this season and it amounted to nothing....take away the speculation and the only actual information we have is that Iversen and Jorgensen wont be missing any more scheduled fixtures (not sure about MPT off the top of my head) and that's what we have to go by until anything different is said. If riders are missing I'll be at the front of the queue to have a moan.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

We've had all this 'in the squad' stuff for Denmark already this season and it amounted to nothing....take away the speculation and the only actual information we have is that Iversen and Jorgensen wont be missing any more scheduled fixtures (not sure about MPT off the top of my head) and that's what we have to go by until anything different is said. If riders are missing I'll be at the front of the queue to have a moan.

A very very easy way to clear all uncertainty up on the line up but this is speedway so I’m sure the club will keep everyone guessing as per usual. 

I expect there will be a press release on Tuesday as there normally is. Sports clubs shouldn't have to comment on speculation every time some crops up, football clubs don't and nor should speedway promotions. 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I expect there will be a press release on Tuesday as there normally is. Sports clubs shouldn't have to comment on speculation every time some crops up, football clubs don't and nor should speedway promotions. 

One big main difference there is footballers don’t play in multiple leagues- whereas speedway riders do ride in multiple leagues . 

Iversen definitely missing. 

IVERSEN TO MISS WOLVES DOUBLE-HEADER
Tru Plant Stars re-group as Esbjerg pull rank and recall Niels Kristian Iversen ahead of next weeks double-header against Wolves. 
The Tru Plant Stars race Wolves twice in one evening next Wednesday 22nd August, at the Adrian Flux Arena. 
A double victory on Wednesday should see the Stars go to the top of the Premiership table and further strengthen their chances for the outright league title . 
With the cut-off date for the league to finish being the 10th September, matches become even more critical at this end of the season.
The team were already well advanced in their preparations for Wednesday but losing Niels has required a re-set in strategy. The Stars had named an 8 man squad (number 8 being a reserve) with Josh Bailey coming in at number 8.
The management are currently evaluating the possible options of a replacement for Niels but, due to other fixtures, are limited to selecting a guest rider from Belle Vue who are a strong rival for a play-off position. The other alternative is to race with one less rider and use the rider replacement rule on the evening.
The promotion will announce their plans early next week.
Dale Allitt - team manager and Co-Promoter - “Esbjerg had previously agreed that we would have Niels through to the end of our campaign and so you can imagine my disappointment and frustration when they changed the parameters. Niels will be back with us for the home meeting against Poole on the 29th August”.

Why was Bailey already scheduled as number 8, will anyone else be missing? 

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Shambles. 

Just the usual shambles, nothing out of the ordinary. Is Robert Lambert required to ride in Denmark that night too? I know we will be told Tuesday lunchtime but I was just thinking ahead a bit.

Hmmmm, christ sakes, thanks Denmark, no point getting a BV rider in, who would want to be a British Speedway Premiership manager, hope Dale wants to continue next season, this is no walk in the park eh!! 

Just wondering if we would have had a press release this early  if Racers and Royals hadn't posted about 6 Danish meetings:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Just wondering if we would have had a press release this early  if Racers and Royals hadn't posted about 6 Danish meetings:rolleyes:

Think we all no the answer to that one sadly 

Yet again egg on the face of all the promoters (numpty's)  who agreed for FRN's on a Wednesday, and who does it affect the most???? Us the mugs they call fans!

I for one didn't criticise the double header as it's obvious that there aren't many other options and I was actually looking forward to it.

Iversen now missing = Joke!!

:rofl:

Buster's a clever man, £27 with no Iversen fees to pay

££ Cha Ching ££ Cha Ching ££

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

:rofl:

Buster's a clever man, £27 with no Iversen fees to pay

££ Cha Ching ££ Cha Ching ££

Only if lots go to watch it, if the majority stay at home and make a point about the stupidity of racing on a wed, when they have riders that ride in Denmark, then they get all they deserve.  

Edited by A ORLOV