British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

6 teams riding in the Danish league.

6 Premiership teams also riding so guests will be impossible to find, no doubt Poole have already booked their guests too.

If rider's have a choice whether to be at King's Lynn or Denmark what would you choose? A possibility of 12 rides in 1 night or just 6 in Denmark.

It wouldn't surprise me if tight a$$ Buster charges £27 to get in and has Iversen missing. Cha Ching £££££££

Poole are using r/r for Klindt and have booked Mark Riss for Jacobsen

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

MPT`s Danish team Holsted are also riding Wednesday.

Careful R & R you will end up on someone's blacklist.:D

I think the obvious solution rather than take the risk of losing two meetings change it to just Wolves once and fit Wolves in the following week in a double header when I think Poole are the visitors least it won’t be a farce of the same team twice on the same night and hopefully we will have a full 1-7 - if they stick with the madness of Wolves twice on the same night without Iversen it will be play off and financial suicide. 

• Like 1

Would Dan Bewley be better than R/R? Would be for me. NKI has come into some better form lately but not exactly been ripping it up around the AFA this season has he? Could Dan score enough to cover for him?  NKI always in the mix in ht 13 and 15 though so a tough call really.

Edited by TooMuchGrip

3 hours ago, Trees said:

Hmmmm, christ sakes, thanks Denmark, no point getting a BV rider in, who would want to be a British Speedway Premiership manager, hope Dale wants to continue next season, this is no walk in the park eh!! 

It has been said that NKI has ridden more Wednesdays in Denmark than he has at Lynn this year.    It was only Wednesday,  just gone,  that Stars  forwent a FRN because some team-members were missing,  because of commitments clashes abroad.   Now we hear we have to miss a topman when in a double header.   ( A double calamity)    RR has to be a NO-NO,  that alone could add  20mins to the length of the meeting.

The only Option is to go 'cap n hand'  and BEG Bewley to help us out....:t:

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

:rofl:

Buster's a clever man, £27 with no Iversen fees to pay

££ Cha Ching ££ Cha Ching ££

Nah.. He will loose a lot of money. Will be a poor crowd, even worse now NKI is missing.

That's HT 13 and 15 up the s@itter then :(

Will hurt Lynn.

27 minutes ago, Haza said:

I think the obvious solution rather than take the risk of losing two meetings change it to just Wolves once and fit Wolves in the following week in a double header when I think Poole are the visitors least it won’t be a farce of the same team twice on the same night and hopefully we will have a full 1-7 - if they stick with the madness of Wolves twice on the same night without Iversen it will be play off and financial suicide. 

Stop talking sense, it doesn't belong in speedway!

4 hours ago, therefused said:

Iversen definitely missing. 

IVERSEN TO MISS WOLVES DOUBLE-HEADER
Tru Plant Stars re-group as Esbjerg pull rank and recall Niels Kristian Iversen ahead of next weeks double-header against Wolves. 
The Tru Plant Stars race Wolves twice in one evening next Wednesday 22nd August, at the Adrian Flux Arena. 
A double victory on Wednesday should see the Stars go to the top of the Premiership table and further strengthen their chances for the outright league title . 
With the cut-off date for the league to finish being the 10th September, matches become even more critical at this end of the season.
The team were already well advanced in their preparations for Wednesday but losing Niels has required a re-set in strategy. The Stars had named an 8 man squad (number 8 being a reserve) with Josh Bailey coming in at number 8.
The management are currently evaluating the possible options of a replacement for Niels but, due to other fixtures, are limited to selecting a guest rider from Belle Vue who are a strong rival for a play-off position. The other alternative is to race with one less rider and use the rider replacement rule on the evening.
The promotion will announce their plans early next week.
Dale Allitt - team manager and Co-Promoter - “Esbjerg had previously agreed that we would have Niels through to the end of our campaign and so you can imagine my disappointment and frustration when they changed the parameters. Niels will be back with us for the home meeting against Poole on the 29th August”.

Why was Bailey already scheduled as number 8, will anyone else be missing? 

Well I was going to this double header, but its the same old story, so I'll keep my money in my pocket thank you.

28 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It has been said that NKI has ridden more Wednesdays in Denmark than he has at Lynn this year.    It was only Wednesday,  just gone,  that Stars  forwent a FRN because some team-members were missing,  because of commitments clashes abroad.   Now we hear we have to miss a topman when in a double header.   ( A double calamity)    RR has to be a NO-NO,  that alone could add  20mins to the length of the meeting.

The only Option is to go 'cap n hand'  and BEG Bewley to help us out....:t:

BV need Lynn to loose both the DH meetings.  RR might be the best option ?

2 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Well I was going to this double header, but its the same old story, so I'll keep my money in my pocket thank you.

Must admit i was trying to get to this.Having agreed with my manager at work that i could have Wednesday night off if i could get someone to cover me and i would do the Friday night for them then i could go.But now i'm thinking why work a Friday night if i don't have to and miss the speedway.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

MPT`s Danish team Holsted are also riding Wednesday.

If MPT is missing as well as NKI, That's a top rider and a top reserve gone.. What would be the point.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

BV need Lynn to loose both the DH meetings.  RR might be the best option ?

I think you'll find it's more important to Belle Vue that Wolverhampton don't win both meetings. If they did both Wolverhampton and KL could finish above us and in the play offs.

• Like 3

Has to be Bewley for me. R/R can't be an option for a double header. I think Belle Vue would want Wolves to lose twice. Then Belle Vue at least have a chance of finishing above Wolves and Swindon!

• Like 2