Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Or Tungate

Tungate 7.42

NKI 7.15

3 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Top 4 is looking like Poole, Somerset, Stars. Swindon look perilous with number of matches ridden, so Belle Vue need Wolves to get nothing from these matches so Bewley or Fricke would be best option. Cook is too unpredictable.

R/r too risky for double header

Can't have Fricke or Cook.

It's Bewley,Worrall or Tungate.I would go for Bewley.Never seen anyone push Lambert so hard in a race at Lynn like last week than Bewley.

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Tungate 7.42

NKI 7.15

You forgot to add on the extra 5% to Iversen's average as it's a home meeting.

Edited by tellboy

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

You forgot to add on the extra 5% to Iversen's average as it's a home meeting.

TBH I didn't know :oops:

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think it has improved this season. Not ideal, but improved.

You seem like you would be happy if Lynn closed down.

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Very poor comment,even if they haven't been as good as we expect surely you don't want any club to lose loads of money.Obviously you don't really want speedway to survive.

Last season as a season ticket holder I was proper ripped off and I have a right to be bitter.

This season the management has made promise after promise for things they shouldn't be promising. They think they can call the shots on the Dane's own rider's. Who do they really think they are???

They're now reaping what they sow.

They were warned but think they knew better.

I have NO sympathy for the management of King's Lynn Stars.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

TBH I didn't know :oops:

Art.18.10.1 If the absent rider is in the top 1-5 of the team, then the missing rider's MA (if established) will be enhanced by +5% at a home meeting to determine the allowance for the guest rider

That is from the green sheet averages on the BSPA site:t:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Last season as a season ticket holder I was proper ripped off and I have a right to be bitter.

This season the management has made promise after promise for things they shouldn't be promising. They think they can call the shots on the Dane's own rider's. Who do they really think they are???

They're now reaping what they sow.

They were warned but think they knew better.

I have NO sympathy for the management of King's Lynn Stars.

How much did you loose due to Buster. Not yourself deciding not to go

• Like 1

About £42 down on those that paid on the gate.

This season's season ticket holder's are also down, currently £27 on those that pay at the gate. Then we're likely to see the Leicester fixture in September become a double header due to lack of available dates so that's likely to increase further. 

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

How much did you loose due to Buster. Not yourself deciding not to go

If Wolves want to be in the play offs we need to take the 8 points on offer.

wont get a better chance.

6 hours ago, The Stag said:

Yet again egg on the face of all the promoters (numpty's)  who agreed for FRN's on a Wednesday, and who does it affect the most???? Us the mugs they call fans!

I for one didn't criticise the double header as it's obvious that there aren't many other options and I was actually looking forward to it.

Iversen now missing = Joke!!

But as we've already been told, hindsight is a wonderful thing  :o:rofl:

13 hours ago, Trees said:

Hmmmm, christ sakes, thanks Denmark, no point getting a BV rider in, who would want to be a British Speedway Premiership manager, hope Dale wants to continue next season, this is no walk in the park eh!! 

You really are the most blinkered KL fan of all time - all well and good supporting the team but wake up and smell the coffee for once . 

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

About £42 down on those that paid on the gate.

This season's season ticket holder's are also down, currently £27 on those that pay at the gate. Then we're likely to see the Leicester fixture in September become a double header due to lack of available dates so that's likely to increase further. 

That says it all - anyone who lays there hard earned cash out up front to a speedway club for a season ticket should be looked after as a most valued fan the club should be bending over backwards for any season ticket holders not s$$t on them from the highest level . Feel really sad that as a club Kings Lynn treats it season ticket holders in such a way . 

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yes he will and the only thing to save him will be the weather.

Personally, I hope the weather is glorious and he does lose money hand over fist, it's not short of what the management deserve over the last couple of seasons. 

Treat fan's with respect and they will get that in return. Treat fan's with contempt, expect $#!+ to fly back in your face.

With comments like yours, you should be ashamed of yourself wishing for a club to lose money. IF I was BC & read your post, even if you decided to visit Lynn again, I would give you a LIFE time ban

This season could have been the best we have witnessed for a long time.    Eight teams, all of similar  strength and each capable of winning matches.   It was even suggested  each team had a chance of winning the league.  It was to be that competitive.    The FIM had opened the door, prioritising  our race days,  giving us  the freedom of fixture planning.   The ball was firmly in BSPA's court to make this a season to remember. 
Then   WHAM !!    at the AGM , the members  take a vote that destroys everything.    This vote should never have been sanctioned.    The BSPA should have been strong enough to implement the FIM guidelines,  and instructed  teams that the FRN will be  Monday and Thursdays.     The fixture schedule  would be free to use every week to amply plan the fixtures,  even giving allowances for cancellations. 

That vote on  Wed or Thurs,   although it was seen only as a preferred race night for CL teams,   was in actual fact far greater importance than that. It was a vote on not using Danish riders and riding on a night we have no priority.  It was obvious from the outset this could only create problems.   Talk about a sport shooting it self in the foot.

Here we are with less then a 3 weeks  to go, and we still have  22 matches to run.   That in its self is an utter farce.    There is no way  all these fixture will be completed. The first of DH's has been arranged for next week,    and because of that vote about priority,  there will be riders missing..        If teams are unable to fulfil their fixtures,  the season loses all creditability.     What could have been a monumental season  is destined to end in disaster.    

All because of that mindless VOTE !!!

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1