Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

RR for both sides at number one will be a leveller. Stars should win both matches with comfort.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Massive risk going with R/R across thirty heats. Can’t afford any bad fortune!

This is very true.But with a very limited choice of guests i can understand why they have done it.

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Massive risk going with R/R across thirty heats. Can’t afford any bad fortune!

Apparently our management have employed a rider as back up for the second meeting if anyone does get hurt, taking it very seriously as we expect. Planning for all eventualities!! 

Come on Our Stars!! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

Were truer, more accurate words ever written? I think not.

Depends if he's studied the fixtures, stadium availability and riders' commitments of all teams to see what weeks we could've had a meeting before posting?? 

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

There you have it folks, Trees agrees with the club in robbing their customers.

It's not robbing customers, they are charging the fans HALF PRICE for the 2nd meeting so business acumen says they will need every penny of that money to pay the costs, some of the costs! 

The offer is attend the double header starting at 7 or attend one meeting starting at about 2030... 

Cant think of any positives to say about the whole exercise.  You would have thought we would have learnt from last year.    We have had the whole season to sort out our fixtures,  but we wait until the time is running out when the only option left is these wretched DH's .    If we have to run these why wait till the season's conclusion, and then why race against the same team twice.  We could have run a DH  in the summer months  when there were plenty of vacant dates 

When doing DH's the last thing you want is  holdups,  and R/R create more hold-ups than anything.  To start the meeting with both clubs using RR is unbelievable.   The wasted time, waiting for a rider with two on the trot,  will be a massive factor.       I find it interesting  that both teams didn't agree to forego  the RR and opted to use the number 8's in the team proper.   Both teams are weakened so it would be the same for both sets of supporters.    Least that way would free up the riders from doing 2 on the trot, allowing the meeting a chance to run smoothly.  

Its never going to be a match to remember. The best we can hope for is,  both meetings are completed in the time allowed, nobody getting injured,   enough fans turning up to make it viable,    and 6 pts to add to our  points total.    ( I believe Wolves deserve a share as well,  even if its only 2)   This is a stupid scenario that does nothing for the sport.     There can be no winners,   all we are doing is bowing to the  rules, created  by representative of another league..... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Wolves look as though they may also be missing Schlein and Greaves so unless they adopt a similar attitude to KL and don't use a BV guest

So who would fit and be available for Schlien?

if both teams use r/r might be advisable to take sleeping bags:P (that's not being negative simply realistic)

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Apparently our management have employed a rider as back up for the second meeting if anyone does get hurt, taking it very seriously as we expect. Planning for all eventualities!! 

Come on Our Stars!! 

Now call me cynical but I'd be more reassured if the rider had been named:rolleyes: can think of no good reason not to name him

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Now call me cynical but I'd be more reassured if the rider had been named:rolleyes: can think of no good reason not to name him

Come along to the meeting, I guess he’ll be in the pits, see with your own eyes :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trees said:

The offer is attend the double header starting at 7 or attend one meeting starting at about 2030... 

I'll put my money on the second match starting at 21.00 and 'the end " to be around 23.30 ( but not before ). We'll let the Updater be the arbiter of what time the final race is completed, shall we?

55 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

So who would fit and be available for Schlien?

if both teams use r/r might be advisable to take sleeping bags:P (that's not being negative simply realistic)

Anyone from Belle Vue,if they want the booking.But again Wolves may think R/R a better option as would a BV rider really be at his best thinking a Lynn win would be more beneficial to BV making the play-offs.Could all change with tonights results of course.

51 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I find it hard to be able to probably get an adequate rider to be on standby.As mentioned before hindsight is a wonderful thing,how do we know who may be injured.You can say have Bewley on standby but he could only replace R.Lambert or Proctor.So if Jorgensen was to get injured you would be buggered.So looking at it like that i think the rider on standby will have a PL average of 6.07 or below so he can fit in for any of the top 5.And if Toft was to get injured they would probably just go with Bailey at reserve.

The riders who it could be,would be someone like Garrity,NBJ.But think it would most probably be Kasper Andersen.

Edited by tellboy

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I'll put my money on the second match starting at 21.00 and 'the end " to be around 23.30 ( but not before ). We'll let the Updater be the arbiter of what time the final race is completed, shall we?

If they pull their finger out meetings, like the one at Swindon the other night, can be completed in about 1hr 45 mins although using RR will delay that slightly.

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Come along to the meeting, I guess he’ll be in the pits, see with your own eyes :D

You know damn well I won't. Things have to improve a lot more on the VFM aspect first.

You and I both know it's very easy to say a rider is on standby. As he is anonymous it could well be a 3 pt National League rider. As tellboy says it won't be Bewley, but for the reassurance of fans who are willing to pay wouldn't it be nice for them to know, just in case he is needed and to say thanks anyway if he's not.

45 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

You know damn well I won't. Things have to improve a lot more on the VFM aspect first.

You and I both know it's very easy to say a rider is on standby. As he is anonymous it could well be a 3 pt National League rider. As tellboy says it won't be Bewley, but for the reassurance of fans who are willing to pay wouldn't it be nice for them to know, just in case he is needed and to say thanks anyway if he's not.

You can rest assured, if it was somebody decent, it would be broadcasted all over the media.   The fact they wish to keep it a secret, suggests it is no one special.