British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

Hello Mungo, long time no correspondence m8. Saw Mother at Mildenhall recently :)

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

I wish it was.    to me he has a lot to offer,     But surely if it was him, the club would have used the occasion to publicise the fact...      

At present he is a free agent, having only competed in 7 matches,   if he were to ride again,   A) He would then become a Stars asset, and       b):   He would be in line for a reduce average.

Not really sure about that,he would be guesting I assume so it wouldn't count as his 8th match.Do they get a reduced average now,foreign riders that is?

12 hours ago, Trees said:

Depends if he's studied the fixtures, stadium availability and riders' commitments of all teams to see what weeks we could've had a meeting before posting?? 

I almost think you occasionally believe what you write!!

11 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Now call me cynical but I'd be more reassured if the rider had been named:rolleyes: can think of no good reason not to name him

How can they name him when they haven't yet decided who to grab out of the stands?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mrss said:

I thought Stars had said Josh Bailey will be on standby Wednesday. Not that I will be there, as I am told that I can't attend the first meeting then leave and be refunded 9 pounds. According to Buster there won't be anyone to give me  any  money back at the end of first meeting, although people will be able to take admission for the second meeting. So instead of getting 36 pounds from me he will get nothing. So sod the double header , I will stay at home and save my money.

They could even hand out a voucher on the way out £9 off the next meeting you attend as long as you leave the stadium prior to heat one of the second meeting I’d have thought that wouldn’t be too difficult for the club - So the club lose £36 because they are unable or un willing to help customers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

They could even hand out a voucher on the way out £9 off the next meeting you attend as long as you leave the stadium prior to heat one of the second meeting I’d have thought that wouldn’t be too difficult for the club - So the club lose £36 because they are unable or un willing to help customers. 

A very simple solution and a great shame if not offered.

Never know I few may go because of this offer with the intention of leaving after the first meeting, but enjoy the racing in the first meeting and decide to stay.

• Like 2

Be interesting to see, if Schlein isn't available, if we try to get away with RR, which would be suicidal IMO, especially in a double header. With only the Aces not in action it looks like Cook or Fricke.

27 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Be interesting to see, if Schlein isn't available, if we try to get away with RR, which would be suicidal IMO, especially in a double header. With only the Aces not in action it looks like Cook or Fricke.

It's RR for Schlien according to Stars website.

21 minutes ago, mrss said:

It's RR for Schlien according to Stars website.

Oh my gawd. Not only that Kus for Anderson and Sarj for Greaves:rolleyes:

Not a very enticing Wolves lineup. That means in speedway lore that they are likely to win both matches!

2 hours ago, Haza said:

My way or the highway is how it goes at King's Lynn. You should know that. You are merely a face in the crowd of 1000s, well hundreds or at least dozens.

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Now that is a good idea.... 

I have suggested it to management... 

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Bloody hell Trees you agree with me I’m in a state of shock lol 

3 hours ago, Trees said:

I suggested it to someone at the stadium yesterday, but apparently Buster said no.