British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

14 hours ago, mrss said:

Will the second match go the full distance? Or will the convienent curfew kick in after heat ten.

Referee did a great job and the track held up well to get both meetings through in full.

33 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Wouldn't cook and frickes average be too high?

Why would Wolves choose a guest from BV when both clubs were chasing the last playoff spot, Cook and Fricke both knowing points for wolves would dent their own playoff hopes. R/R was the only sensible option unfortunately

a bit of a disappointment with choice of guests from wolves management we stuck with heeps  far to long  and  morris a real disappointment looks like rory will be back on monday and ride through the pain barrier 

Edited by jaybob

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Why would Wolves choose a guest from BV when both clubs were chasing the last playoff spot, Cook and Fricke both knowing points for wolves would dent their own playoff hopes. R/R was the only sensible option unfortunately

So why not just include the fact on the OS site preview?

'We asked if Max would take the booking (Cook probably focused on Gorzow) but due to the tightness of the play off race he said thanks, but no thanks/we didn't believe it was the correct thing to do under the circumstances'. Adams has hinted at the latter being correct in the Star today'.

Kills all criticism/rumour stone dead.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Wouldn't cook and frickes average be too high?

Schlein 8.54

Cook 8.16

Fricke 8.04

Doyle is low enough to cover at home but Rory now declared fit for next week 

Can we now expect that the Leicester home meeting on the 5th of September will be a double header as last night proved it can be successful? Just Somerset away to squeeze in then!

Edited by TooMuchGrip

12 hours ago, Trees said:

Yep first meeting was a rout, our boys were just on fire. As expected the Wolves boys preferred the slicker conditions in the 2nd so were more effective.  But still our guys were giving it 100% to come away with another heady win, just what we wanted :D

MPT has hurt his ankle (wrong, it's his knee) although together with the interviews I couldn't hear a thing on the 1st bend, so annoying, hope something can be done, our speakers take away from the night grrrr

The speakers have been useless for years Trees. Too far apart, and not enough of them especially around the 1st/2nd bend area where they have to compete with bikes warming up in the pits. They also point at a strange angle away from some spectators, and I must admit I have been tempted to get a leg up the fence when no one is watching and "reposition" them!

2 hours ago, Bunce said:

The speakers have been useless for years Trees. Too far apart, and not enough of them especially around the 1st/2nd bend area where they have to compete with bikes warming up in the pits. They also point at a strange angle away from some spectators, and I must admit I have been tempted to get a leg up the fence when no one is watching and "reposition" them!

The speakers in the Royal Box are just the same.  With Kevin  on the Mic.  with his strong voice,   you can just about hear him ,  but Edwin Overland is so faint its impossible to hear.   Even worse is Dale, he speaks so softly  its a waste of time putting him on the microphone .      I have spoken with Nathan about it ,   who said he would look into it, but as of yet he has done nothing.      Probably its OK when the stadium is empty  but come Race Night,    they're next to useless.    If it wasn't for the enlarged Scoreboard we would never get the information to be able to fill in the program..  They really are that poor....

NB   I did notice when I walked round corners 3 and 4  the speaker were much louder and clearer there.     Strange that as it was the place where the least people gathered..

Edited by g13webb
NB added...

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The speakers in the Royal Box are just the same.  With Kevin  on the Mic.  with his strong voice,   you can just about hear him ,  but Edwin Overland is so faint its impossible to hear.   Even worse is Dale, he speaks so softly  its a waste of time putting him on the microphone .      I have spoken with Nathan about it ,   who said he would look into it, but as of yet he has done nothing.      Probably its OK when the stadium is empty  but come Race Night,    they're next to useless.    If it wasn't for the enlarged Scoreboard we would never get the information to be able to fill in the program..  They really are that poor....

NB   I did notice when I walked round corners 3 and 4  the speaker were much louder and clearer there.     Strange that as it was the place where the least people gathered..

Totally agree....the interviews are a waste of time. You can't hear a word. Same for Edwin, he used to be so clear but nowadays really difficult to grasp the details of times/changes etc -- but for the scoreboard.

• Like 1

At least you can’t hear the anthem properly :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, g13webb said:

Yes it is strange, where the least people stand, is the best reception.  Where I usually stand between the first & second bend, the score board is behind me and I don't get a very clear view of it at an acute angle, also the times etc are only on the screen for a moment, and I always miss them! The whole PA system needs an overhaul in my opinion, but that costs money and we know the path that leads us.....

Bit late - but some say I only do negative comments- so a big well done and a big 6 points - on to the next one -

ps I might just make an appearance Wednesday night . 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Haza said:

Bit late - but some say I only do negative comments- so a big well done and a big 6 points - on to the next one -

ps I might just make an appearance Wednesday night . 

So that's why the long range forecast isn't good:D.Hope it changes and you can make an appearance on Wednesday night:t:

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

At least you can’t hear the anthem properly :lol:

Stars  :drink::drink::drink:

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

So that's why the long range forecast isn't good:D.Hope it changes and you can make an appearance on Wednesday night:t:

We are on holiday all next week and thought it’s Poole so we are aiming to be there though it will be subject to weather conditions. So fingers crossed for a dry day and evening