British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

About £42 down on those that paid on the gate.

This season's season ticket holder's are also down, currently £27 on those that pay at the gate. Then we're likely to see the Leicester fixture in September become a double header due to lack of available dates so that's likely to increase further. 

I know how you feel Danny, when I asked for a free program because I was losing out when BT where there and admission prices where reduced I was told not to be so silly ! never again will I buy another season ticket 

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I have NO sympathy for the management of King's Lynn Stars.

Improper use of the word "management" there Daniel! They could not manage a what's it in a thingimabob. I too have no sympathy for those who call themselves management at KLS. Just as they have no empathy with the fans, nor concern about what they think. If Leicester is likely to be a doubleheader and again V the same team, fewer and fewer will be paying to watch. Perhaps the gate income is genuinely not so important nowadays? What a mess at King's Lynn and throughout UK speedway.

I don’t understand why anyone would by a season ticket nowadays.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Me neither must admit..... 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

This season could have been the best we have witnessed for a long time.    Eight teams, all of similar  strength and each capable of winning matches.   It was even suggested  each team had a chance of winning the league.  It was to be that competitive.    The FIM had opened the door, prioritising  our race days,  giving us  the freedom of fixture planning.   The ball was firmly in BSPA's court to make this a season to remember. 
Then   WHAM !!    at the AGM , the members  take a vote that destroys everything.    This vote should never have been sanctioned.    The BSPA should have been strong enough to implement the FIM guidelines,  and instructed  teams that the FRN will be  Monday and Thursdays.     The fixture schedule  would be free to use every week to amply plan the fixtures,  even giving allowances for cancellations. 

That vote on  Wed or Thurs,   although it was seen only as a preferred race night for CL teams,   was in actual fact far greater importance than that. It was a vote on not using Danish riders and riding on a night we have no priority.  It was obvious from the outset this could only create problems.   Talk about a sport shooting it self in the foot.

Here we are with less then a 3 weeks  to go, and we still have  22 matches to run.   That in its self is an utter farce.    There is no way  all these fixture will be completed. The first of DH's has been arranged for next week,    and because of that vote about priority,  there will be riders missing..        If teams are unable to fulfil their fixtures,  the season loses all creditability.     What could have been a monumental season  is destined to end in disaster.    

All because of that mindless VOTE !!!

Most of this comes about because individual promoters are just interested in themselves.It's a look after number one policy first and then they may think about looking after speedway in general after.

34 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes totally agree,don't think it's much of a saving nowadays anyway is it?Maybe if you have to miss one match anyway the saving is gone.Most people would have to miss at least one match during the season for a number of reasons.So this is why i didn't really expect people to take up the offer of season tickets anymore.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

This season could have been the best we have witnessed for a long time.    Eight teams, all of similar  strength and each capable of winning matches.   It was even suggested  each team had a chance of winning the league.  It was to be that competitive.    The FIM had opened the door, prioritising  our race days,  giving us  the freedom of fixture planning.   The ball was firmly in BSPA's court to make this a season to remember. 
Then   WHAM !!    at the AGM , the members  take a vote that destroys everything.    This vote should never have been sanctioned.    The BSPA should have been strong enough to implement the FIM guidelines,  and instructed  teams that the FRN will be  Monday and Thursdays.     The fixture schedule  would be free to use every week to amply plan the fixtures,  even giving allowances for cancellations. 

That vote on  Wed or Thurs,   although it was seen only as a preferred race night for CL teams,   was in actual fact far greater importance than that. It was a vote on not using Danish riders and riding on a night we have no priority.  It was obvious from the outset this could only create problems.   Talk about a sport shooting it self in the foot.

Here we are with less then a 3 weeks  to go, and we still have  22 matches to run.   That in its self is an utter farce.    There is no way  all these fixture will be completed. The first of DH's has been arranged for next week,    and because of that vote about priority,  there will be riders missing..        If teams are unable to fulfil their fixtures,  the season loses all creditability.     What could have been a monumental season  is destined to end in disaster.    

All because of that mindless VOTE !!!

Most of this comes about because individual promoters are just interested in themselves.It's a look after number one policy first and then they may think about looking after speedway in general after.

34 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes totally agree,don't think it's much of a saving nowadays anyway is it?Maybe if you have to miss one match anyway the saving is gone.Most people would have to miss at least one match during the season for a number of reasons.So this is why i didn't really expect people to take up the offer of season tickets anymore.

Plus with the uncertainty over fixtures, when they’ll be run, if at all, which riders will be missing etc etc. Just far too risky.

I don't blame Lynn for the  FRN vote, but they must accept some of the blame about the fixture congestion.    To agree to run a Double Header  can only be as a last resort.   To agree to do it against the same team is madness,    but to do it without your top rider (Niels) ,   or your top reserve  (MPT)  is totally pointless.  

Riding without those two riders we are easy picking for any of the teams,    surely  it would make more sense to ride a single match against Wolves ( as originally planned)  and invite Wolves back as the second match  when we play against Poole the following week.   Least that way we only give Wolves one easy match opportunity  instead of 2.    Surely it cant be fair on other teams if we are force to field a weaker team, especially on a run in to the POs 

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I don't blame Lynn for the  FRN vote, but they must accept some of the blame about the fixture congestion.    To agree to run a Double Header  can only be as a last resort.   To agree to do it against the same team is madness,    but to do it without your top rider (Niels) ,   or your top reserve  (MPT)  is totally pointless.  

Riding without those two riders we are easy picking for any of the teams,    surely  it would make more sense to ride a single match against Wolves ( as originally planned)  and invite Wolves back as the second match  when we play against Poole the following week.   Least that way we only give Wolves one easy match opportunity  instead of 2.    Surely it cant be fair on other teams if we are force to field a weaker team, especially on a run in to the POs 

It's getting tricky now to get the fixtures in,Wolves are at Somerset when we ride against Poole.If it wasn't for FRN Wolves would have been at Somerset on a Friday no doubt and we would have been able to race them on that Wednesday.

Edited by tellboy

6 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The reason we're not getting fixtures in is because the club are avoiding clashes with Denmark. Nothing to do with FRN as other clubs are not having the same fixture pile up.

The management are to blame fully for the situation, even without FRN last season we had the farce of 2 panic double headers in 2017.

They chose to use Danish rider's, reap what you sow.

19 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The reason we're not getting fixtures in is because the club are avoiding clashes with Denmark. Nothing to do with FRN as other clubs are not having the same fixture pile up.

The management are to blame fully for the situation, even without FRN last season we had the farce of 2 panic double headers in 2017.

That's what Mon/Thurs FIM supported FRN was to avoid Daniel wasn't it? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Notice how Swindon have always been ahead on fixtures rode.probably because they have had 3 options every week.If Poole didn't ride that Thursday they would either had to agree to ride on that Wednesday or do a double header to get their fixtures in.Somerset need either a double header or an off night race to complete.If Wolves don't have this double header against Lynn they wouldn't fulfill their fixtures on a FRN.And it's tight for Belle Vue,had it not been for the bank holiday coming up where they can ride Wolves home and away they too would have to ride on an off night.So i think FRN do have an impact.

Having said all that,Lynn should have arranged some fixtures on  Thursday night to avoid any clashes with Denmark.

Edited by tellboy

7 minutes ago, Trees said:

That's what Mon/Thurs FIM supported FRN was to avoid Daniel wasn't it? 

Yes it was but after the AGM, knowing Denmark takes priority on Wednesday's we went on to continue signing more Dane's. 

When Rose left we then signed another one.

So, this current situation is the fault of the management team. No if or buts, it's their fault.

Then came the "fake news" that there will be no more clashes with Denmark. Who gives any British club the right to dictate that to Denmark.

This really is a reap what you sow situation and I don't feel sorry for the management at all.

The only people I feel for are the fans who have been mugged again. Yet still some can't bring themselves to admit the club is at fault for this whole sorry mess.

This has been going on for a few seasons now at King's Lynn and no doubt come October we'll get another.......

"The club would like to share our sincere apologies to all our supporter for the way the season ended. I can categorically place on record we're working behind the scenes to make sure these unusual event never happen again. We hope you can forgive and move on with us into the new 2019 season." blah blah blah blah.

It's the same old same old.

No doubt come 2019 I'll be told to get over it 'again'. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yes it was but after the AGM, knowing Denmark takes priority on Wednesday's we went on to continue signing more Dane's. 

When Rose left we then signed another one.

So, this current situation is the fault of the management team. No if or buts, it's their fault.

Then came the "fake news" that there will be no more clashes with Denmark. Who gives any British club the right to dictate that to Denmark.

This really is a reap what you sow situation and I don't feel sorry for the management at all.

The only people I feel for are the fans who have been mugged again. Yet still some can't bring themselves to admit the club is at fault for this whole sorry mess.

This has been going on for a few seasons now at King's Lynn and no doubt come October we'll get another.......

"The club would like to share our sincere apologies to all our supporter for the way the season ended. I can categorically place on record we're working behind the scenes to make sure these unusual event never happen again. We hope you can forgive and move on with us into the new 2019 season." blah blah blah blah.

It's the same old same old.

No doubt come 2019 I'll be told to get over it 'again'. :rolleyes:

Can't fault any of that but given the number of disgruntled fans there will probably also be a "use it or lose it " plea.

I’ve said all along that the club were caught with their pants down when it was voted Wednesdays and not Thursdays, the team was sorted with MPT on standby and no realistic alternative for Iversen. IMO we would be bottom of the league with no Danish riders whereas we are in with a shout of top four with them. That’s not to say that the season hasn’t been a complete mess because it has. Riders obviously not keen to do too many Mondays with all the travelling that involved and agreements reached with Danish clubs seem not to have been honoured. All a bit shambolic but I wonder how appeased people would be if Lynn won the play Offs?

• Like 2