British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with people posting weather updates.I too don't believe there is anything wrong with Brundle's quote.He hasn't called anyone a liar,just that the weather is meant to pass through.And they obviously believe they will get a meeting on if the weather forecast they get is correct.

It's the word DEFER that got my goat. I defer to no one:D

I try very hard not to predict if meetings will be on or off, just report what I can see, if that helps peple make a decision that's up to them. 

2 miles from track and its persistently precipitating again and has been for 10 minutes or so. Stopped since I started typing. There are glimpses of what looks like sunshine over Wills Mothers.

The weather is very difficult to predict today, here, 8 miles West of Norwich, thunderstorms and rain have been forecast and threatening all day, yet all we have seen is a few drops of rain, for five minutes, black clouds have just passed over with no sign of a thunderstorm.Yet I expect there are probably places within 5-10 minutes drive away  could have had downpours.

8 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I try very hard not to predict if meetings will be on or off, just report what I can see, if that helps peple make a decision that's up to them. 

2 miles from track and its persistently precipitating again and has been for 10 minutes or so. Stopped since I started typing. There are glimpses of what looks like sunshine over Wills Mothers.

It's sunny over Wills mothers again,just wish it would stay around a bit longer this time.

23 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Depends which forecast you look at I think, met office gives only10% chance of rain after 7pm but BBC forecasts 46% chance of rain until 9pm. Let's hope the met office are right on this occasion

I hope so.The BBC does seem to change the forecast many times during the day.

The A47 Wisbech  by-pass  is also closed from 8pm tonight  till 6am tomorrow morning for repair works,  could add another 15/20mins on your journey time.   This is expected to last all week.    It will probably be best to take the country roads home,  through Magdalen, Wiggenhall,  and Marshland St James  

Edited by g13webb

The club get their forecast from the weather station at RAF Marham, I they have been told that the rain will have come and gone by start time then that is the information they'll go with. 

19 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

And long may you continue to do so.  I have found reports given out by individual fans to be of huge value.

Where the reports that clubs give out are concerned, its a question of trust.

I went to King's Lynn a few years ago for a Young Stars meeting and it was called off due to rain. By all accounts (apart from theirs) that simply wasn't true. 

How can a fan 'defer' to the club website (to be fair, this isn't just King's Lynn) when we know they are more than capable of lying ? 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Meeting Off

Oh well a couple of Buds and watch Somerset beat Poole would be the next best thing tonight i suppose.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Meeting Off

So deference is proved to be unreliable:D

34 minutes ago, mike1944 said:

The weather is very difficult to predict today, here, 8 miles West of Norwich, thunderstorms and rain have been forecast and threatening all day, yet all we have seen is a few drops of rain, for five minutes, black clouds have just passed over with no sign of a thunderstorm.Yet I expect there are probably places within 5-10 minutes drive away  could have had downpours.

Saying all that it is chucking it down now

Best outcome all round.

6.15 pm and less than three miles away from the track, persistent rain seems to have set in. It may clear and pass over as suggested, but it might not. As it's off is it an issue of "trust" then? Or perhaps common sense.

Edited by waytogo28

I cant imagine Buster will want to go down that 'Double Header' route,   after all the problems and issues from last year.     Probably be better to follow Poole's president and run on other days than the FRN.   With time running out  finding  alternative dates are a big concern. Looking at the fixture list we are still waiting for some our dates to be finalised. 

I for one,  always believed FRN would create more problems then it solved.