British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Tomasz Jedrzejak RIP

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

Not sure if you are aware but Ferjan didn’t take his own life. 

you're right, i remember he was found dead in his car and for some reason associated it straight away with suicide using car fumes, my bad

Terrible news. I remember Tomasz riding for Lakeside in 2008 . A really nice guy . One of the outstanding memories of all the years I have followed Speedwáy is Tomasz beating Leigh Adams in the 2008 play off semi final at Lakeside, passing and repassing throughout the whole race with never more than a bikes length between them, and Tomasz  just getting it on the run in to the line. 

So sad that this sort of tragedy should come upon such a nice  man and such a great competitor . 

• Like 1

Never saw him ride but tragic news...seems especially poignant in that a number of Polish riders have taken their own lives over the years.

RIP

1 hour ago, tarkens said:

you're right, i remember he was found dead in his car and for some reason associated it straight away with suicide using car fumes, my bad

He was found in the back of his van after getting out of bed in the middle of the night and was working on his bike when he died.

Desperately sad news. Watched him ride on tv recently. RIP.

Sad sad news thoughts and condolences to all family and friends.

Former Pirate Ingar Hvammstad hanged himself in prison as well so you can add that to the list as well.

Former Wybrzeze Gdansk rider Jaroslaw Kalinowski hanged himself in prison too in 1997, three years after retiring

Former Kolejarz Opole rider Karol Lis killed himself in 2001 after his wife threatened to leave him, also three years after retiring

Tomasz was honoured with a minute of silence before the start of all 4 meetings in Elitserien tonight.

• Like 1

shockingly sad news RIP.