British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Buxton Wed 15th Aug NL

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, Leon Flint, James Shanes, Sheldon Davies, Josh Embleton.

BUXTON: Ben Wilson, Lewis Whitmore, Tom Woolley, Connor Coles, James Cockle R/R, TBC, Corban Pavitt.

Odd that, Walker fit same time as Flint and Hume fit, must think fans are idiots 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Argos said:

Odd that, Walker fit same time as Flint and Hume fit, must think fans are idiots 

Give it a rest for Christ sake, do you have a b side on that broken record of yours? 

Even if, and it is an if, Brum pulled a fast one then we sure aren’t the first and most definitely won’t be the last to do so.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

As a Kent fan I can't see how anybody could get upset with the Walker situation. Makes perfect sense to me and also completely acceptable.

Guest GiveusaB

I feel for Buxton and their owners/promoters....I've had my moan about the way things unfolded when our meeting at Buxton was unexpectedly called off...but I have to say that I have a lot of respect for Jayne who comes on here and answers our queries as and when we ask.

Decent, transparent promoters are few and far between these days.

As for tonight? obviously I want to see my team win, but I don't want to see Buxton get hammered.

Most importantly, I just want to see a 'safe' meeting and wish Danyon/Leon a successful comeback.

Guest GiveusaB

Danny Ayres guesting for Buxton, which should add a bit of spice!?

19 hours ago, Argos said:

Some of you are.

Guest GiveusaB

We all know it was tactical and I think we were right to do it ! Argos is entitled to express his/her opinion....I see it as a dig at the team manager and as much as I don't support Mr Rogers, this is one move that I do/did give backing to.

I think our hands were tied and you only have to look at our dreadful injury hit season to see why?

Imo.... As much as I think Callum is a smashing lad, he hasn't been good enough all season tbf (hasn't improved in the slightest),   the manager should've replaced him and Layne well before the first set of averages came out!

But hey-ho, that's history!

Unfortunately for Walker he has only crept his average up from 3.00 to 4.00 over 4 seasons. Not many riders would have had the chances he has been given. 

The way Brum built a team this season with one very strong reserve and one very weak it was hugely important that both Walker & Cupitt both kicked on so that when they swapped between the reserve berths all season. Callum has been a victim of Layne's failings along with how the team has been built but i still expected far more from him, he has bikes many would kill for but has traded of Zach Waj's reputation for too log and needs to become a good rider in his own right.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Guest GiveusaB
38 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Unfortunately for Walker he has only crept his average up from 3.00 to 4.00 over 4 seasons. Not many riders would have had the chances he has been given. 

The way Brum built a team this season with one very strong reserve and one very weak it was hugely important that both Walker & Cupitt both kicked on so that when they swapped between the reserve berths all season. Callum has been a victim of Layne's failings along with how the team has been built but i still expected far more from him, he has bikes many would kill for but has traded of Zach Waj's reputation for too log and needs to become a good rider in his own right.

I think we all know that Callum has kept his place because of his history/friendship with the manager....it's definitely not on merit !

It's also the reason we ended up with Dan Greenwood.? Whom I'm glad to say has now been relinquished of his duties!

I can understand that managers have their favourites, but I'd be embarrassed if it was me!

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think we all know that Callum has kept his place because of his history/friendship with the manager....it's definitely not on merit !

It's also the reason we ended up with Dan Greenwood.? Whom I'm glad to say has now been relinquished of his duties!

I can understand that managers have their favourites, but I'd be embarrassed if it was me!

Dan sadly is at the other end of the spectrum....had it all in front of him, for some reason struggled to make the step up divisions and now is a real shadow of his former self. I know the equipment is tired now but he should still be more than capable at NL level but has failed to really deliver. Also a shame he was released virtually on deadline day so didnt get a chance to get fixed up elsewhere.

17 hours ago, Mini Jack said:

Give it a rest for Christ sake, do you have a b side on that broken record of yours? 

Even if, and it is an if, Brum pulled a fast one then we sure aren’t the first and most definitely won’t be the last to do so.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, Sidney the robin said:

Is Danyon back riding on Wednesday? i hope so.

Yes.... thank heavens!

I spoke to him on Wednesday and he said he's definitely back, along with Leon !

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, GiveusaB said:

Yes.... thank heavens!

I spoke to him on Wednesday and he said he's definitely back, along with Leon !

.................................. and Walker has recovered as well?

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, IronScorpion said:

.................................. and Walker has recovered as well?

Walker will recover when the funds to pay for doctors notes runs dry.

Guest GiveusaB

So....what's the betting that a few of our boys will see tonight as a chance to win the meeting whilst lowering their averages ?

Shame that the BSPA have encouraged this sort of embarrassment, with their poxy rules!