British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Buxton Wed 15th Aug NL

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

Some of you are.

You may think I’m a idiot, but I don’t like being lied to, that’s twice now 1, Flints approval was in my car, 2, Walker as a sick bug,  

if you think that’s the way for a Team Manager to act maybe you’re the idiot. 

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, Sidney the robin said:

Is Danyon back riding on Wednesday? i hope so.

Yes.... thank heavens!

I spoke to him on Wednesday and he said he's definitely back, along with Leon !

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, GiveusaB said:

Yes.... thank heavens!

I spoke to him on Wednesday and he said he's definitely back, along with Leon !

.................................. and Walker has recovered as well?

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, IronScorpion said:

.................................. and Walker has recovered as well?

Walker will recover when the funds to pay for doctors notes runs dry.

And?

Guest GiveusaB

Only a couple of points worth mentioning from this meeting?

The referee was a TOP-HAT to insist on, not 1, but 2 re-runs in Heat 8 ? making 2 Brum riders ride round for 5-0 is a complete joke!

And as much as I'm not a fan....Danny Ayres rode brilliantly and supplied the 'only' entertainment of note! (apart from the 'small and mighty' James Shanes in Heat 13) what a great race that was !

Track was almost back to its best.....

On 8/15/2018 at 3:00 PM, Argos said:

You may think I’m a idiot, but I don’t like being lied to, that’s twice now 1, Flints approval was in my car, 2, Walker as a sick bug,  

if you think that’s the way for a Team Manager to act maybe you’re the idiot. 

You are certainly making yourself appear an idiot by insisting that you have been 'lied to'. Walker was ill: he had to take time off from his employment, as well as speedway. He was interviewed last night and said so; or are you going to insist that he was lying as well?

Edited by *JJ

Enjoyable meeting last night, finally good to see us winning at home after a torrid 6 weeks or so. The first time for a while everybody put in a good performance,  plenty of promise from Josh and Sheldon at reserve. It may be his first meeting back but that's the best Ive seen Leon since his move into the main body. Gutted for Tom, so deserved his 15 point maximum but he more than did his job. One of the best riders in the NL without a doubt.

Credit to Buxton, thought they put up a decent performance, Danny Ayres was a great choice of guest. The races between him and James Shanes were absolutely worth admission money alone. Impressed with Connor Coles and Tom Woolley, they also had good nights. 

• Like 1

This proved to be a much more entertaining meeting than had been expected and considering their obvious weaknesses, I thought Buxton put up a decent fight. Danny Ayres was a great choice as guest and although he was beaten in four of his six rides (and had a stroke of good fortune when he won the last heat after Tom Bacon had shed a chain) he was excellent value for entertainment, and Tom Woolley and Connor Coles both worked hard for their points. Their reserve, Corban Pavitt looked fast and confident in winning heat two, but strangely, didn't manage another point after that!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Tom Bacon was in awesome form, looked unbeatable and was unlucky to shed a chain when he had the last heat sewn up. James Shanes was his usual spectacular self and both Leon Flint and Danyon Hume picked up from where they left off - Danyon having problems with his bike and having to borrow Callum Walker's for one race. Walker made a steady return, and both Birmingham reserves battled well from the back.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Overall, a very enjoyable night's racing and a quite decent crowd.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, brianbuck said:

This proved to be a much more entertaining meeting than had been expected and considering their obvious weaknesses, I thought Buxton put up a decent fight. Danny Ayres was a great choice as guest and although he was beaten in four of his six rides (and had a stroke of good fortune when he won the last heat after Tom Bacon had shed a chain) he was excellent value for entertainment, and Tom Woolley and Connor Coles both worked hard for their points. Their reserve, Corban Pavitt looked fast and confident in winning heat two, but strangely, didn't manage another point after that!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Pavitt  won heat 2 because both Brummies reserves completely messed up the start. Sheldon Davies then went from last to first: at least, I was convinced that he had taken the win on the line, but the referee thought otherwise! It was a great ride from him, though.