British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Somerset vs Belle Vue Premiership 15/08/18

6 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Didn’t see that 1 coming. Was it a good meeting for the neutral?

Fab meeting, apart from the NSS the best race track in the UK by miles

• Like 3

First visit to Oak Tree in about 3 years, surprised by the large crowd, much bigger than I remember when used to attend every week, obviously the cost has not put people off. Track looked great, and improvements in the music, louder, you could actually hear it, and a better choice of tunes, no long interval after heat 12, and only a few track grades. Not the best meeting I have seen but the Doyle, Cook clashes were out of the top drawer.  Belle Vue deserved to win having most of the heat wins and if Cook had not touched the tapes and Bewley new how to gate they would have won easier. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Fab meeting, apart from the NSS the best race track in the UK by miles

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

First visit to Oak Tree in about 3 years, surprised by the large crowd, much bigger than I remember when used to attend every week, obviously the cost has not put people off. Track looked great, and improvements in the music, louder, you could actually hear it, and a better choice of tunes, no long interval after heat 12, and only a few track grades. Not the best meeting I have seen but the Doyle, Cook clashes were out of the top drawer.  Belle Vue deserved to win having most of the heat wins and if Cook had not touched the tapes and Bewley new how to gate they would have won easier. 

I was going to post but you two gentleman have said everything I wanted to :approve:

Having read that, hopefully the racing is as good on Monday with BT there. Nearly every time I have been there the racing has been mediocre.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Well really shocking result i don't know how you lose at the bottom club and win at a top club but that's the beauty of speedway. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Having read that, hopefully the racing is as good on Monday with BT there. Nearly every time I have been there the racing hasn’t been mediocre.

YOU might want to edit that

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Having read that, hopefully the racing is as good on Monday with BT there. Nearly every time I have been there the racing hasn’t been mediocre.

You’re very unlucky then, far more good meetings at the Oak Tree & very few mediocre

No one saw that coming. Bizarre how they fail at Leicester but succeed at Somerset!

maybe they still have enough fight for the top 4?

6 minutes ago, paulboy said:

You’re very unlucky then, far more good meetings at the Oak Tree & very few mediocre

Best meeting I saw there was the pairs a few years ago before the GP. 

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No one saw that coming. Bizarre how they fail at Leicester but succeed at Somerset!

If they got to the play offs they’d be a danger but having the NSS as a home track wouldn’t help

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Well really shocking result i don't know how you lose at the bottom club and win at a top club but that's the beauty of speedway. 

31 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Possibly because one was a gate and go track and the other a race track or maybe it was just one of those nights at Leicester. The meeting before Leicester was at Kings Lynn and we were unfortunate not to pick up a point there, so Leicester is the exception not the rule.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think the problem with Bewley not being able to gate is the belt drive type clutch ...99% of riders use NEB chain drive clutch and all GP riders use NEB chain drive ... maybe he should try an NEB clutch..

8 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Possibly because one was a gate and go track and the other a race track or maybe it was just one of those nights at Leicester. The meeting before Leicester was at Kings Lynn and we were unfortunate not to pick up a point there, so Leicester is the exception not the rule.

Don’t think that is the case, someone said if Bewley could gate you would have won easier last night and Cook is a good gater so what was his excuse at Leicester. 

Edited by foreverblue

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Having read that, hopefully the racing is as good on Monday with BT there. Nearly every time I have been there the racing has been mediocre.

Pot, kettle, I don't think you have any room to talk considering the state of Wimborne Road's track

• Like 2

Shock result, will be a battle at The Abbey twice now for a playoff place.