British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield VS Newcastle Diamonds, SGBCL, THU 16/08/18 @ 7:30pm

Thought i'd get the ball rolling on this one, 2 new faces in the side after a controversial week, personally i think the Andersen signing makes us weaker, and after already coming off the back of 3 home defeats i think we could be run close here again too. 

Weather - from what i have seen forecast wise so far this should be on, cloudy with sunny intervals.

Thoughts please ......

3 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Thought i'd get the ball rolling on this one, 2 new faces in the side after a controversial week, personally i think the Andersen signing makes us weaker, and after already coming off the back of 3 home defeats i think we could be run close here again too. 

Weather - from what i have seen forecast wise so far this should be on, cloudy with sunny intervals.

Thoughts please ......

probably right on this one.i think we may be a bit stronger at reserve and this could sway the meeting for us.cant really comment too much on the andersen front but its not really that area that concerns me, what does concern me is whether other members of the team can get back to more consistent scoring.if newcastle come with their tales up and the tigers ride like they have done over the last few weeks at home then i fear the worse.

• Like 1

Easy win for the Tigers in my eyes, even if you have lost the last 3, we are never strong at Sheffield and the Newcastle team has not performed well away from home, nice confidence boosting win for the Tigers.  Probably good to face the Diamonds whilst bedding in two new riders, 60 - 30 to the Tigers, would love it to be a win for the Diamonds but just can't see where the race wins will come from, plus I think Garrity makes you stronger.

• Like 1

HOME WIN FOR ME 

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Easy win for the Tigers in my eyes, even if you have lost the last 3, we are never strong at Sheffield and the Newcastle team has not performed well away from home, nice confidence boosting win for the Tigers.  Probably good to face the Diamonds whilst bedding in two new riders, 60 - 30 to the Tigers, would love it to be a win for the Diamonds but just can't see where the race wins will come from, plus I think Garrity makes you stronger.

you don't have to be that strong.hopefully a home win but after the last 3 weeks at home i couldn't be confident in predicting the outcome.

28 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

you don't have to be that strong.hopefully a home win but after the last 3 weeks at home i couldn't be confident in predicting the outcome.

True, but in the previous meeting Sheffield hit us with 4 5-1's in the first 5 heats and after that it was game over, I appreciate that Sheffield riders form of late has dropped but if we start slow as usual and the fact we have no big riders to win vital heats, 13 and 15, I still say you will be too strong.  I would love Newcastle to prove me wrong,

• Like 1

SHEFFIELD: Jason Garrity (G), Todd Kurtz, Kasper Andersen, Broc Nicol, Kyle Howarth, Connor Mountain, James Shanes.

NEWCASTLE: Stuart Robson, Tero Aarnio, Matej Kus, Ashley Morris, Ludvig Lindgren R/R, Carl Wilkinson, Matthew Wethers.

Edited by Blackadder

2 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

True, but in the previous meeting Sheffield hit us with 4 5-1's in the first 5 heats and after that it was game over, I appreciate that Sheffield riders form of late has dropped but if we start slow as usual and the fact we have no big riders to win vital heats, 13 and 15, I still say you will be too strong.  I would love Newcastle to prove me wrong,

could be interesting then as redcar hit is with 2 5-1,s in the first 2 last week.you could have more strength in depth than us.

cant believe numbers 3 and 4, a decent pair against them and it could be 3 1 - 5s conceded.

why isn't kurtz at 4 to give some strength in the middle of the team

think this could go either way

Just now, The Third Man said:

cant believe numbers 3 and 4, a decent pair against them and it could be 3 1 - 5s conceded.

why isn't kurtz at 4 to give some strength in the middle of the team

think this could go either way

I've said the same about Newcastle having Robbo and Ludvig at 1 and 2.

sorry to say this ,but it looks like an AWAY win for the diamonds . 

bedding in one newbie , jase crash , bang wallop . the rest are not good and with newc something to prove . a 4th defeat is on the cards .

so , deemonds win , tight tho . 

Hopefully the team sheet is wrong.Todd has got to be at 4 surely.I think it's too risky to have Broc and Anderson together if it was hans Anderson fair enough.Hoping for a home win but not overly confident.Good luck to both new boys tomorrow hope they score big points .

5 hours ago, jenga said:

sorry to say this ,but it looks like an AWAY win for the diamonds . 

bedding in one newbie , jase crash , bang wallop . the rest are not good and with newc something to prove . a 4th defeat is on the cards .

so , deemonds win , tight tho . 

I hate to admit it but Sheffield just seem to be sinking deeper in the mire with each week that passes. On current showing the Diamonds have to be favourites.