British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield VS Newcastle Diamonds, SGBCL, THU 16/08/18 @ 7:30pm

Definately more to it , something shocking going on behind the scenes... are riders being paid???? Losing by 20 at home to a rubbish Newcastle side is quite frankly a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why are people banging on about riders not being paid? Here and on Facebook. There is absolutely no evidence or suggestion that is the case, fairly sure if it was that one of the riders or those associated with them would have said something by now.

As for blaming Steady!! What has he done wrong??? Won the league last year and everybody thought he was the best manager ever - tactically aware, great in the pits with the riders etc. This year, we didn’t have as good a team arguably, especially with losing Josh B before a wheel was turned, but we’ve done ok at home for the most part until the last month (and there hasn’t been a word said against him prior to that) - can’t see that Stead has changed over night and turned him Into the worst manager ever as some seem to suggest.

• Like 3

What gets me is, if riders aren't getting paid, why would they even bother turning up and getting dirty ?

17 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What gets me is, if riders aren't getting paid, why would they even bother turning up and getting dirty ?

Because it's an absolute load of rubbish. The promotion have always been known to pay on time and fairly. It's probably just very sad individual putting up rumours.

16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Just to make sure they get their money at a later date(if they are not getting paid)that has happened at a number of clubs IMO .It is their source of income after all.

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Just to make sure they get their money at a later date(if they are not getting paid)that has happened at a number of clubs IMO .It is their source of income after all.

Well, I wish my local ice-cream man would adopt that sort of attitude, its costing me a fortune this summer :unsure:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well, I wish my local ice-cream man would adopt that sort of attitude, its costing me a fortune this summer :unsure:

Maybe doesn't trust that you will fork up later:P

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe doesn't trust that you will fork up later:P

Aye, you might have a point there like ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

Season over for Sheffield and some serious lowering of there riders averages for next season I believe 

that is only to Sheffield's benefit if those riders ride for us, so another conspiracy theory that doesn't work

those people asking if the riders are getting paid, do they have any evidence that they are not of is this just another conspiracy theory as well

1 hour ago, Cue Ball said:

Why are people banging on about riders not being paid? Here and on Facebook. There is absolutely no evidence or suggestion that is the case, fairly sure if it was that one of the riders or those associated with them would have said something by now.

As for blaming Steady!! What has he done wrong??? Won the league last year and everybody thought he was the best manager ever - tactically aware, great in the pits with the riders etc. This year, we didn’t have as good a team arguably, especially with losing Josh B before a wheel was turned, but we’ve done ok at home for the most part until the last month (and there hasn’t been a word said against him prior to that) - can’t see that Stead has changed over night and turned him Into the worst manager ever as some seem to suggest.

This.  All of a sudden we are getting people saying "I've been going since 1960 and this is the worst ever" - some people have clearly forgotten about 1994 and 1980 in that case.   

When was the last time the tigers lost 4 matches on the trot at home ? Utt

13 minutes ago, graz gp said:

When was the last time the tigers lost 4 matches on the trot at home ? Utt

Probably 1994 - we lost all our first 12 meetings, surely there must have been 4 home meetings on the trot somewhere in there. 

Edited by Tigerblade

The usual people getting all up tight and defensive because something bad has been said about their beloved promotion.

a few years ago in Aus , our boss wasnt paying us on time and was at least a week late every week. We turned up, worked half arsed, took long lunch breaks, done no ot and didnt have a care in the world till we were paid. And guess what? Speedway is a job and the signs are there something isnt right so who can blame fans for speculating?

i remember years ago Hans Andersen wasnt getting paid at Peterborough under one of the Hortons and it reflected in his scoring, all the fans got up tight and said nope Colin Horton wouldnt rip riders off why would Hans not try and lose money? And we all know what happened there!!!

the usual tools like spin king junior with their rose tinted specs on... wake up and smell the coffee! This isnt a team out of form, this is a club with big problems behind the scenes.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pinny said:

The usual people getting all up tight and defensive because something bad has been said about their beloved promotion.

a few years ago in Aus , our boss wasnt paying us on time and was at least a week late every week. We turned up, worked half arsed, took long lunch breaks, done no ot and didnt have a care in the world till we were paid. And guess what? Speedway is a job and the signs are there something isnt right so who can blame fans for speculating?

i remember years ago Hans Andersen wasnt getting paid at Peterborough under one of the Hortons and it reflected in his scoring, all the fans got up tight and said nope Colin Horton wouldnt rip riders off why would Hans not try and lose money? And we all know what happened there!!!

the usual tools like spin king junior with their rose tinted specs on... wake up and smell the coffee! This isnt a team out of form, this is a club with big problems behind the scenes.

What a clown. You're making an absolute baseless and frivolous accusations that riders aren't getting paid. You're clearly either 1. A troll or 2. A moron. possibly both. I'm not blind to see that something's gone wrong this season and the promotion has to shoulder some of the blame. If I'm honest, one thing I am sick of is the promotion labelling fans who have gone genuie complaints as keyboard warriors and not having the back bone to take criticism.

But I sort of get it when idiots are throwing stupid accusations like this around. It's like last season when people genuinely accused the promotion of throwing the Leicester meeting. It was completely baseless and didn't make any sense whatsoever. Much like if people are seriously suggesting the riders aren't being paid, you seriously think that would be kept quiet in this day and age?

• Like 2