British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield VS Newcastle Diamonds, SGBCL, THU 16/08/18 @ 7:30pm

8 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

What a clown. You're making an absolute baseless and frivolous accusations that riders aren't getting paid. You're clearly either 1. A troll or 2. A moron. possibly both. I'm not blind to see that something's gone wrong this season and the promotion has to shoulder some of the blame. If I'm honest, one thing I am sick of is the promotion labelling fans who have gone genuie complaints as keyboard warriors and not having the back bone to take criticism.

But I sort of get it when idiots are throwing stupid accusations like this around. It's like last season when people genuinely accused the promotion of throwing the Leicester meeting. It was completely baseless and didn't make any sense whatsoever. Much like if people are seriously suggesting the riders aren't being paid, you seriously think that would be kept quiet in this day and age?

couldn't agree more, if people cant back up their accusations they need to be quiet

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

What a clown. You're making an absolute baseless and frivolous accusations that riders aren't getting paid. You're clearly either 1. A troll or 2. A moron. possibly both. I'm not blind to see that something's gone wrong this season and the promotion has to shoulder some of the blame. If I'm honest, one thing I am sick of is the promotion labelling fans who have gone genuie complaints as keyboard warriors and not having the back bone to take criticism.

But I sort of get it when idiots are throwing stupid accusations like this around. It's like last season when people genuinely accused the promotion of throwing the Leicester meeting. It was completely baseless and didn't make any sense whatsoever. Much like if people are seriously suggesting the riders aren't being paid, you seriously think that would be kept quiet in this day and age?

Yes I do think it could be kept quiet, the promoter could have said if you tell anyone your owed money you wont get a thing.

stop being so naive . You make your old man look intelligent.

Didn't the Diamonds ride well last night,, just thought I'd mention it seems to have got forgotten about in amongst, the tigers post mortem!!!!! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, andys said:

Didn't the Diamonds ride well last night,, just thought I'd mention it seems to have got forgotten about in amongst, the tigers post mortem!!!!! 

Yes they did, they beat what was in front of them, very well as it happens, that's all they could do

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Yes I do think it could be kept quiet, the promoter could have said if you tell anyone your owed money you wont get a thing.

Take it you have nothing to add now but insults

Are Sheffield trying to keep their averages down with their season nearly over :blink: surely they aren't that bad of a team...last Saturday did flatter them at Worky,  once the rain came in our boys knew we had the 3 points so took their feet off the gas, but they weren't that bad . 

24 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Now then, don't knock spin King senior. He's got 3 o levels. Proper smart.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Yes they did, they beat what was in front of them, very well as it happens, that's all they could do

so lakeside lakeside,scunny ,redcar and newcastle all rode well and could only beat what was in front of them, well actually, for most part, tigers riders were well behind them.these are teams that last year we were pretty much smashing, particularly at home.with the exception of kyle and to a lesser extent todd and if they would have been off form then we would have been annihilated last night.we did to some extent but could have been even worse.what has happened to the riders gating skills, they seem to have gone awol,for a home team to have to wait until ht13 to get a heat advantage just about sums it up.my verdict on last nights performance

jason-poor night by his standards but didn't realise he is carrying an injury so fair enough.

todd-i like todd but he seems far too inconsistent for me.v.good rider one minute then average the next.

kasper-liked the looks of him and seemed pretty much on the pace.given the circumstances,a fair debut but only time will tell.

broc-looked very handy when he first signed but looks to be a confidence rider and looked off the pace last night.

kyle-what can you say.led by example, attacked the track, exciting to watch.if it wasn't for him...........well

connor-another decent debut, good heat win and mixed it a bit

james-another i like but is frustrating to watch.has the capability as we all know.

i fear for the meeting next week and for once, in a very long time, am not enjoying speedway a.t.m.am not going to comment on who needs to stay but think that to a degree this team needs tearing apart and onwards and upwards for 2019.

If Garrity was carrying an injury why did he take the booking?

the injury was not apparent in heat 13, when we had already lost the meeting, either

Well to say that result was a shock is an understatement.  Well done to the Diamonds on 4 much needed league points.  My only regret was I was not at Sheffield to witness it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Well to say that result was a shock is an understatement.  Well done to the Diamonds on 4 much needed league points.  My only regret was I was not at Sheffield to witness it.

To use a cricket parlance, the Diamonds "declared" after Heat 12 as well it seemed, you might have got 60 otherwise!

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

the injury was not apparent in heat 13, when we had already lost the meeting, either

only what I've read on the posts.apparently his lower leg was swollen and he showed it to jack lee who told him he needed to rest it.

Well done Newcastle fully deserved and made it look too easy.We are really poor at the moment but credit to them.It could have been more.Garritty was poor choice if he was injured,apart from one race he didn't look that interested.Slowed down heat one and allowed Robson a point,he almost broke tapes in his next then only tried on last lap in his 3rd ride.Why not get proctor? Dropping Lasse made no difference as he would have needed a 15 point max for us to just scrape a win .nicol seems slow and lost his confidence,shanes has made hardly any progress this season nowhere near what was expected,Conner looked good last time out and howarth and Kurtz did as expected.Andersson was on the pace but you are never going to get 10 points from a 2 point premier leagu rider.Fair play to howarth and steady for fronting the fans but I think mr bates should have come on the mic and explained the current situation ,he would get more respect if everybody knew the situation.If riders weren't getting paid I would expect Lasse would have tweeted this after his fall out with the club.

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Money?

1 hour ago, Steve55 said:

Money?

If that's the reason, if I was either the Scunthorpe or Sheffield promoters I would be furious

Sheffield because in three rides he went through the motions and only rode well after we had lost the match

Scunthorpe because for once they have a full time tonight, which Garrity must have put at risk by taking a guest booking while not fully fit