British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Adding a 1 week extension onto the cut-off date'

8 minutes ago, Aviator said:

I for one do not want to be watching speedway on damp autumn evenings when through poor planning the promoters have thrown balmy spring/summer evenings away.

Too right, the best summer since 1976, and the promoters have wasted it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Too right, the best summer since 1976, and the promoters have wasted it.

And it follows the worst start to the season, weatherwise, for many a long year. 

Make hay when sun shines :)

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Be interesting to hear other posters views....

Be interesting to hear some promoters views! Or even the view collectively of the BSPA, but interacting with fans is far from their best attribute.

9 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

And it follows the worst start to the season, weatherwise, for many a long year. 

Make hay when sun shines :)

They were lucky to have the opportunity to put things right, after a wet start.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Is sept 10 the cut off date maybe it could go to the 17

Of Feb 2019?

:D

22 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Of Feb 2019?

:D

Thats a far better date the weather will be fine then 

1 hour ago, Aviator said:

I for one do not want to be watching speedway on damp autumn evenings when through poor planning the promoters have thrown balmy spring/summer evenings away.

The playoffs have always gone into october you must be new to speedway or got a poor memory :t:

No reason at all to extend the season considering the weather this summer. If teams schedule meetings to the back end of the season then that is their issue. Plenty of dates this year where meetings could and should have been scheduled and that applies to most teams in the league.  

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

I think the point was that fixed nights hasn't had an effect on whether or not a team completes their fixtures, and I don't see how it has.

It's really not hard to get all the fixtures in. I remember at Swindon last year there were frustratingly many weeks with no matches - yet they still got their fixtures in before the cut-off despite this.

With so few team in the league there really is no excuse.

How do you make that out?    Before FRN there were at least 4/5 days a week  when team could arrange their racenights,  now we have only 2.  With there being only 7 teams  there will always be a team spare with no fixture.    That alone magnifies the problem of available dates. 

You say last year  you got all your fixture in, but I remember you one rode 4 meetings in 9 days, that is something you wouldn't to able to do this year,    so  Swindon would have been in the same position than,  as teams are now.  

Unlike a lot of posters on here, I try to be positive and think of the bigger picture.    I see no sense for a team to compete in a league all year,  only to be deprived  of a PO because of fixture congestion.   The sport struggles to be taken serious by the general public, yet we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot.     This is not about  KL, Poole,  Somerset or any of the other teams, is about making decisions for the benefit of the sport .   And if the 'Powers of B'  cant do that,   then each of us must question our sanity of supporting  our teams in the first instance....

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its the away team that has refused Somersets dates.

Again you only see one side of a problem.   Just because Somerset has offered  dates,   it doesn't make them  right or wrong.  Obviously these dates were not  convenient or else they would have been arranged.     But no doubt Buster, would have offered an alternative ,  but these were not convenient either. 

It is so easy to be judgemental when hearing only one side of an argument.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Not to me it doesnt, because sure as Eggs is eggs it will P down in October. All fixtures should be done and dusted by mid September at the latest.

I couldn't agree more. The rubbish weather in Oct must affect the play off crowds. If the final was the 1st week of Sep then there is a much better chance of better weather.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We have had a long dry summer. No reason to extend at all. Clubs could have planned better to fit fixtures in gefore panicking as time ran out. Think back to all those weeks when no fixtures were run. 

The playoff dates should not be moved imo. Clubs should simply plan their fixtures better.

Rules are rules at the end of the day.. But if all the promotors agree to a weeks extension it would be in the interest of the sport .But we all know 1 that wouldn't. If it was Poole in that position I imagine you would see Ford's dummy half way out of his pram, playing the time to leave the club card like he did when Poole looked crap.

People moan about Buster as chairman, but he looks like he is going to loose a lot of money by sticking by the rules. Could you see Ford as chairman doing the same..:rofl: 

Just saying like...

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Rules are rules at the end of the day.. But if all the promotors agree to a weeks extension it would be in the interest of the sport .But we all know 1 that wouldn't. If it was Poole in that position I imagine you would see Ford's dummy half way out of his pram, playing the time to leave the club card like he did when Poole looked crap.

People moan about Buster as chairman, but he looks like he is going to loose a lot of money by sticking by the rules. Could you see Ford as chairman doing the same..:rofl: 

It'd be within Poole's interest that Kings Lynn make the play offs I expect, seen as they've battered them recently at Wimborne Road.

I always thought of you as being a decent poster until recently where you've posted some absolute nonsense to dig at Poole/Matt Ford.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ray c said:

The playoffs have always gone into october you must be new to speedway or got a poor memory :t:

Not at all, but I don’t want to spend more time than necessary watching speedway in the autumn.

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We have had a long dry summer. No reason to extend at all. Clubs could have planned better to fit fixtures in gefore panicking as time ran out. Think back to all those weeks when no fixtures were run. 

The playoff dates should not be moved imo. Clubs should simply plan their fixtures better.

Couldn't agree more - with so few fixtures to complete these days and tracks going weeks without meetings (when the weather has been dry) I think they should be dishing out fines to any club who fails to complete their 12 home fixtures in virtually 6 months! Still it's nothing unusual we seem to have the same issue every year!

Edited by WembleyLion

6 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It'd be within Poole's interest that Kings Lynn make the play offs I expect, seen as they've battered them recently at Wimborne Road.

I always thought of you as being a decent poster until recently where you've posted some absolute nonsense to dig at Poole/Matt Ford.

When Shuv didn't read Lamdo's tweet properly, and called for him to be banned hissed me off and then him saying that the Poole fans who posted they saw the oil being tipped on the track and it was not a leak should of kept their mouths shut its terrible imo.

I'm nearly back my my old self :wink: