British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Adding a 1 week extension onto the cut-off date'

So presumably the Vice Chair will step up - thats Mr Godfrey isn't it - or is it not automatic and they have to have nominations and a vote.

Godfrey seems to only want the lowest common denominator for the league structure which he can afford at Scunny.

33 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So presumably the Vice Chair will step up - thats Mr Godfrey isn't it - or is it not automatic and they have to have nominations and a vote.

Godfrey seems to only want the lowest common denominator for the league structure which he can afford at Scunny.

Let's hope not. The current leadership of the BSPA have shown that they have neither the vision or the ability to take the sport forward. Indeed, many would say that speedway in the UK is in a much worse state now than when they took office.

• Like 2

Gerhard engine was a great idea. Longer lasting engines that were competitive. Its not worked out and thats a crying shame. 

He didn't nearly close Belle Vue. Poor finances did

Ring fencing riders who could have been jobless in fact didn't richie worrall miss out to justin sedgeman. bet worrall wished he wasn't ring fenced

your 10% cut thing i have no clue about but he saved that club from dying at the time thanks to a crooked promoter. some people are paid well to settle debts

no idea about the bond thing, probably hearsay forum gossip. Im not defending him. i don't care really

He wanted monday and thursdays FRN and that would have been ideal for rider availability, Blame redcar ipswich and sheffield for pissing on that. Now we lack danish league rider availability and thats the main reason for the fixture problem because people only want to ride with full teams and you can't blame them for that.

Rye house promotion lost heart and gave up pumping the finances in. Live within your means. Don't start big ideas and ruin something that people care about by not sticking with them

Belle vue opening night fiasco was a very dark day for the sport. I agree he dealt with that badly. Humans fail!

Im a lynn fan and i don't feel he has done anything other than try his best. actually when you talk to most lynn fans at the stadium they are positive about him most of the time. we had a wagstaff, we have seen other teams with a posstlethwait, Colin Horton, hemsley etc. he may have his flaws but he is a stable guy to have at the club. this is a small town. and we are 1 of the 7 top speedway teams in the country. Some disgruntled people will post on here about their own club but half of them aren't regulars and not everybody with an opinion is right!

Im not saying he made the right choice all the time. But the reason i went through the things you said step by step (and you did miss the holder/batchelor situation/Coventry closing/the losing of the sky deal and the saving followed by asset stripping of bust premier league mildenhall 8/9 years back (all arguable too 1 way or another)) was because who ever was in charge wouldn't have got all of these things right either and you would probably be anti them too!

Nobody likes Authority! But i think he gets the rough end of the stick too often

“I have no clue but he saved the club from dying”

50% of that is correct. 

• Haha 1

They say a person  who doesn't make mistakes don't do anything.    Its so easy to proportion blame to someone who gets off his arse and leads from the front, rather than those who do nothing.   Probably, we should look deeper than the obvious choice.     Speaking with Buster recently about his chairman role, , he said you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.   This so symbolises the situation at the BSPA.  a self centred group,  motivated by their own existence for far too long.  There was no way this was, or will ever, change..      

I don't always agree with Buster, but I respect him for the work he does.     If there were more people like him,  our sport would be far better, and on a more secure footing than it is at present..    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

They say a person  who doesn't make mistakes don't do anything.    Its so easy to proportion blame to someone who gets off his arse and leads from the front, rather than those who do nothing.   Probably, we should look deeper than the obvious choice.     Speaking with Buster recently about his chairman role, , he said you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.   This so symbolises the situation at the BSPA.  a self centred group,  motivated by their own existence for far too long.  There was no way this was, or will ever, change..      

I don't always agree with Buster, but I respect him for the work he does.     If there were more people like him,  our sport would be far better, and on a more secure footing than it is at present..    

I find those comments from Buster extremely embarrassing. When you see how he's operating his own club he's got no chance of leading other's in the correct way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Are you referring to the bloke who only rocks up to BSPA meetings half of the time and the vice chairman sits in for? That's why Godfrey has gone un(sense)checked

• Like 1