British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Adding a 1 week extension onto the cut-off date'

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Exactly what happened to all those dates that were pencilled in for Rye House meetings. The only meeting affected seems to be one that was postponed in mid july. How long do you need to arrange one meeting. 

Those Rye House dates hasn't  altered the schedule at all,  Where once  all  8 teams could play each other on a said day,  now we have  6 team competing and 1 team spare.   In actual fact   since RH withdrawal it has made more of a  problem.    All RH withdrawal high lighted was the wasted race days some teams had used up.  

Whose responsible for fixture planning ??     Whose responsible for the  calender schedule ??        We all know who were responsible for those FRN...   

Edited by g13webb

18 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

May be that needs addressing?

Shame for the 'away' team to miss out on a play off spot through no fault of their own?

Its the away team that has refused Somersets dates.

Let's just get the top four teams at cut off time in the play offs, and all then conveniently forget all the Mickey Mouse nonsense that has taken place to reach the play offs, and turn up in numbers to collude with the Promoters and BT in pretending that it is actually a serious competition worth winning...

(Like we do every year)...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Coventry, Poole and others required an extension many years ago, it was a yes then so it’s a yes now, as all teams should be treated the same - shouldn’t they?

Quite frankly if the promoters can't fit in the pathetic number of home fixtures into a whole summer they have no right organising the sport.

A cut off date is a cut off date.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest GiveusaB

I think the end of September for all League meetings.....giving all of October to arrange Play Offs and Final !

Sounds reasonable.

Yes we've had a great summer, but a very poor first 2 months....this should reflect in an extension of the season...imo

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Those Rye House dates hasn't  altered the schedule at all,  Where once  all  8 teams could play each other on a said day,  now we have  6 team competing and 1 team spare.   In actual fact   since RH withdrawal it has made more of a  problem.    All RH withdrawal high lighted was the wasted race days some teams had used up.  

Whose responsible for fixture planning ??     Whose responsible for the  calender schedule ??        We all know who were responsible for those FRN...   

Ok fair point regarding schedule but you can't arrange one meeting in a two month window!

26 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think the end of September for all League meetings.....giving all of October to arrange Play Offs and Final !

Sounds reasonable.

Yes we've had a great summer, but a very poor first 2 months....this should reflect in an extension of the season...imo

Not to me it doesnt, because sure as Eggs is eggs it will P down in October. All fixtures should be done and dusted by mid September at the latest.

1 minute ago, ray c said:

Fixed race nights has caused this problem ?

Fixed race nights seem to have caused a lot of issues with the main reason seemingly to attract the top riders which hasn't been achieved. Only really Iversen who you would class as a top rider who is riding this season and didn't ride last season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Fixed race nights seem to have caused a lot of issues with the main reason seemingly to attract the top riders which hasn't been achieved. Only really Iversen who you would class as a top rider who is riding this season and didn't ride last season.

I think the point was that fixed nights hasn't had an effect on whether or not a team completes their fixtures, and I don't see how it has.

It's really not hard to get all the fixtures in. I remember at Swindon last year there were frustratingly many weeks with no matches - yet they still got their fixtures in before the cut-off despite this.

With so few team in the league there really is no excuse.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I think the point was that fixed nights hasn't had an effect on whether or not a team completes their fixtures, and I don't see how it has.

It's really not hard to get all the fixtures in. I remember at Swindon last year there were frustratingly many weeks with no matches - yet they still got their fixtures in before the cut-off despite this.

With so few team in the league there really is no excuse.

I totally agree. The people who makes the rules must comply with the rules they have made. We had a situation at Poole where a meeting was postponed because a bunch of overpaid primadonas were kicking a ball about in Russia.  The fixtures should be pre agreed at the start of the season and only changed because of bad weather. In the event of bad weather the meeting should be held on the next allocated race night i.e. the following Monday or Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

Is sept 10 the cut off date maybe it could go to the 17

I for one do not want to be watching speedway on damp autumn evenings when through poor planning the promoters have thrown balmy spring/summer evenings away.

• Like 1

The Premier League shut down for WTC / SON never helps fixture planning. Also likely to be good weather!