British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem B. 20/8/18

Next Monday sees the BT cameras at the Oak Tree Arena for Somerset v Poole. After a close meeting at Poole, the return could be just as exciting and close as the two clubs fight for top spot.

Will the Rebels bounce back after the shock defeat by Belle Vue, or will they lose three on the bounce ?

Both teams will hopefully be at full strength. IMO it will be a close one which is hard to call.

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next Monday sees the BT cameras at the Oak Tree Arena for Somerset v Poole. After a close meeting at Poole, the return could be just as exciting and close as the two clubs fight for top spot.

Will the Rebels bounce back after the shock defeat by Belle Vue, or will they lose three on the bounce ?

Both teams will hopefully be at full strength. IMO it will be a close one which is hard to call.

Thoughts?

No comment. But the poo would have hit the fan after tonight..

After coming home to see BV had turned them over, my first thought is that Poole should win this one. But as said, they will have had a rocket up their arris. Poole might get the backlash of that rocket.

To tough to call for me. I'd be surprised if there's more than 4 points between the two though.

Edited by Bald Bloke

If Poole win this, and it suddenly seems distinctly possible after they lost at home to Belle Vue, Somerset are suddenly having a few worrying looks over their shoulder. They'll have the worst home record apart from Leicester.

Planning to go up for this. What route do people recommend from Poole?

2 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Planning to go up for this. What route do people recommend from Poole?

Dorchester, Yeovil, Taunton, M5.

• Like 1

Never known a thread so quiet considering the meeting is tonight. Seems fans on both sides are worried about saying anything in case it comes back to bite them!

Some drizzle/mizzle about this morning but I can’t see it being called off. Both teams at full strength.

Somerset will be right up for this after last weeks defeat and will come out with all guns blazing. Poole are notoriously slow starters away and need to compete from the start rather than heat 5. I expect Somerset to have enough in the bag for a win and a point for Poole will be an acheivement. Heats 13 and 15 could give an 8 point swing to Somerset so we need all 7 riders scoring tonight.

48-42.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Never known a thread so quiet considering the meeting is tonight. Seems fans on both sides are worried about saying anything in case it comes back to bite them!

Some drizzle/mizzle about this morning but I can’t see it being called off. Both teams at full strength.

Somerset will be right up for this after last weeks defeat and will come out with all guns blazing. Poole are notoriously slow starters away and need to compete from the start rather than heat 5. I expect Somerset to have enough in the bag for a win and a point for Poole will be an acheivement. Heats 13 and 15 could give an 8 point swing to Somerset so we need all 7 riders scoring tonight.

48-42.

Oh don't worry Steve, if we lost then im dam sure it will light up again. Weather in Devon /Somerset border is fine, no rain...I know, im there now.

Josh and Brady on it at the moment at the wrong time for us. One man show against BV last week, can’t have a repeat of that. Once again looking for an improvement from Lawson , double figure score is overdue.

Blimy is Kurtz slipping the ref one that's twice he got away with rolling at the start

Edited by zlata prilba

None of us enjoy endless restarts but this ref is being far too lax, Kurtz clearly gained a big advantage in ht5, should have been pulled back.

• Like 1