British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem B. 20/8/18

They could have de cobwebbed the exclusion lights lol

Not saying it's been bad racing, Somerset have been far better. I'd say the track has broken up far worse than Poole did last week though. Obviously it's not just Poole and Swindon who struggle with preparing a smooth surface. 

What the hell was Kurtz up to tonight....4 jumps from 5.

Awful ref as well.

Edited by Baldyman

3 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Love it when the Knobs get spanked, well done Somerset, A+++

Don't worry we have Somerset at home bank Holiday Monday be back on top then

Not a bad meeting came across well on tv ,but the starts were a joke and the gardening before each heat was endless .

57 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Not too bad when he gets a flyer:P. Have to say he hasn't lived up to all the hype I read on here when folk were comparing him to Lambert in the last couple years.

he was also being compared too Darcy, we all know he can only dream of being that good

10 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Oh don't worry Steve, if we lost then im dam sure it will light up again. Weather in Devon /Somerset border is fine, no rain...I know, im there now.

you were right, the natives are out in force

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

he was also being compared too Darcy, we all know he can only dream of being that good

He can be a good rider but, unfortunately he is inconsistent. The only young rider who compares to the young Darcy Ward is.... Robert Lambert.. and, we need him at Poole...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aviator said:

He can be a good rider but, unfortunately he is inconsistent. The only young rider who compares to the young Darcy Ward is.... Robert Lambert.. and, we need him at Poole...

Hope that doesn't happen, an awful thought!! 

1 minute ago, Aviator said:

I don't think so, there will never be another Darcy, Lambert and the rest of them can only dream what he use to do on a bike

1 minute ago, Trees said:

Hope that doesn't happen, an awful thought!!

if we get Lambert, we really have struck oil

Oh , very good return to form by the Rebels, who never really gave the Pirates a look in. Doyley on a different level, backed up mainly by Jack. Sharp at the starts without having to jump, and some forceful good passing. Great entertaining by Nico and Bradders, and some good chasing by Summers . Only Jake had a bit of a quiet one, but he was in the mix. Still not sure about Lawson, still waiting for a double figure score from him.

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur54 said:

I don't think so, there will never be another Darcy, Lambert and the rest of them can only dream what he use to do on a bike

That’s not true. When Darcy arrived at Poole he was good but not brilliant. He was also a “cheeky” rider who could read the track one lap ahead of his competition but, he did make mistakes and, he didn’t win every race. He became brilliant in the following years and was the brains behind the “Turbo Twins” duo.. In my opinion, for what it’s worth, Robert Lambert, year for year, could be on par to DW.

• Like 2