British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem B. 20/8/18

Last nights match was a poor spectacle for TV.  Basically ride around the inside after the first bend if you have any sense.

Think that sums it up.  A pity as I've only ever seen good meetings at Somerset before.

6 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Last nights match was a poor spectacle for TV.  Basically ride around the inside after the first bend if you have any sense.

Think that sums it up.  A pity as I've only ever seen good meetings at Somerset before.

Then the rest of the track as one big circle.

I’ve never liked tracks with a dominant inside line, you need a good one round the boards for good racing IMO. Not the worst telly match ever but didn’t live up to expectations unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ray c said:

poor decision by middleditch taking bomber out anyway imo and i think klindt should have got the tac ride as well ?

Have to agree Aviator

Bomber asked to be taken out because he couldn't get either of his 2 bikes to work!!!

If I was being cynical I would say last night was a deliberate attempt to keep Jakobsen and Woryna in the reserve berths for the last month of the regular season. That date is 23rd Aug.

As for the rest of Poole besides Klindt who rode well the rest of them looked like they were out to drag their GSA's down for next season.

When you look at Poole's remaining fixtures they could still miss out of the play offs. Swindon Wed is no cake walk with 2 riders missing. Somerset at home they could well lose. Swindon and Kings Lynn away not easy but much at KL may depend on how their double header with Wolves go.

Could well come down to last meeting against Wolves and scrabbling for the odd point away to get into the top 4. A win against Swindon on Wed would calm the nerves a little, otherwise it may be squeaky bum time.

4 hours ago, Aviator said:

Harris is not one of Middlo’s beloved Aussies...

It must be in Brady's contract that he has all of his programmed rides...?! 

56 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Bomber asked to be taken out because he couldn't get either of his 2 bikes to work!!!

So riders are doing Middlo's job for him??! Unbelievable Jeff ;) :D

TBF to Bomber he apologised on Twitter last night and it was obvious to see he had no speed. 

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So riders are doing Middlo's job for him??! Unbelievable Jeff ;) :D

Did you go to this meeting?

Somerset track has gone from one of the best 2 one if the worst how boring was that meeting round the inside zzzzzzzz,poole wernt good enough end of!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then clearly the Somerset promotion set the track up to stop the Pirates racers from having any chance tonight. No outside passing at all. Always hear how good it is but the numerous meetings have never been spectacular.

May said in an interview last night that the track was set up different to stop the Pirates.. I don't know if it was tongue in cheek or he was serious.

I attended this meeting and the last Somerset v Poole and  have to say this was very disappointing. Brady is having a nightmare at the moment but in all honesty and as has been previously stated, he is not a number 1 yet. Inexperienced and trying too hard, going for the big blast round the outside for three laps before deciding that's not working and switching lines by which time Covatti was gone! The amounts of laps he must have done round the Oaktree in the past clearly did not count for much. I do think he will improve but its unfair to say he is the next Darcy. Darcy was something else which I may never see in my time again. Its the inconsistencies that are killing us as a team, one rider gets going and others don't. To have your numbers 1 and 5 misfiring will not win you meetings, I was pleased for Kaspa god he must have had arms like a gorilla after four consecutive rides!! I was tired watching him but he never gave up and tried his best. Even Freddie on his first visit got stuck in and gave it a go. Somerset fully deserved the win and I have no complaints on that score. I have supported Poole for over 30 years and going on last nights performance I do not see this team making the playoffs unless we can reduce our inconsistencies. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my own personal view.

• Like 1