British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem B. 20/8/18

The meeting last night had a 2 or 3 good tussles, which was definitely more than what we got at Wimborne Road the week before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Your boys clearly weren't watching the racing and what lines the Somerset boys were taking..... 

Lines?? Really? Plural?? :rofl:

28 minutes ago, salty said:

The meeting last night had a 2 or 3 good tussles, which was definitely more than what we got at Wimborne Road the week before. 

Even that is bad for Somerset!! Should be on par with Wolves and just slightly behind BV.

39 minutes ago, salty said:

Not true. There was some excellent tussles at Poole including Harris blasting through, Klindt blasting through on Summers.

Proper passing, not this hug the white line crap we had to suffer last night.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lines?? Really? Plural?? :rofl:

Yep, did you notice Doyle riding the boards for the whole of at least one of his rides? .. equally fast as the inside line.  And even Summers using the outside line early on to good effect. 

22 minutes ago, speedybee said:

Yep, did you notice Doyle riding the boards for the whole of at least one of his rides? .. equally fast as the inside line.  And even Summers using the outside line early on to good effect. 

KUrtz rode wide in one race to win but that was the only time most races were one line or you lost ground.

I’m sure I didn’t imagine Holder going round somebody in heat 15.

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m sure I didn’t imagine Holder going round somebody in heat 15.

Yes Jacobsen our worst rider and he struggled to get past took him all race, at Poole he would of passed with ease. 

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes Jacobsen our worst rider and he struggled to get past took him all race, at Poole he would of passed with ease. 

Like he did in last week's televised meeting?  Remind me again how many points he scored?

• Like 1

These are professional riders so if they can’t work out the racing lines after a couple of rides then clearly they should not be putting their leg over a speedway bike. I don’t recall the riders of the seventies moaning about tracks, they got stuck in and rode it. We seem to be making so many excuses for our riders these days but its still a motorbike with no brakes on a dirt track. We lost plain and simple and the riders have to up their game for us to be in a shout of the playoffs.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Like he did in last week's televised meeting?  Remind me again how many points he scored?

Jacobsen got zero last week, Holder didn't have any problem beating him last week. 

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Jacobsen got zero last week, Holder didn't have any problem beating him last week. 

So he didn’t pass with ease at Poole then?

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not true. There was some excellent tussles at Poole including Harris blasting through, Klindt blasting through on Summers.

Proper passing, not this hug the white line crap we had to suffer last night.

Yet last week you described the Poole meeting as "very mediocre" with "passing at a premium". Though to be fair you did later call it the best televised meeting of the season. 

I know what I saw, backed up by the comments on Speedway Updates.

Brady Kurtz, now I know he won one race riding the middle to outside line but jeez he isn't the brightest Aussie on the planet is he, his ride when his team needed him the most decides to run the air fence line for two and half laps, you really couldn't make it up could you?

Over rated to say the least!

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

So he didn’t pass with ease at Poole then?

He would of passed with ease if he had to, he didn't have to as the race they were both in Holder gated better than Jacobsen.