British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Sheffield SGB Championship 17th August, 2018, 7.30pm

Teams as per Official Edinburgh website:-

STAGGS BAR MONARCHS: Ricky Wells, Victor Palovaara, Josh Pickering, Richie Worrall, Erik Riss (captain), William Lawson, Joel Andersson.

WINDOW CENTRE TIGERS: Mason Campton (Guest),Todd Kurtz, Kasper Andersen, Broc Nicol, Ky;e Howarth (captain), James Shanes, Joe Lawlor (guest)

Apart from expected changes, Tigers newcomer, Connor Mountain is part of the GB team heading to Denmark for the World U-21 Team Cup Final, and Joe Lawlor now deputises.

Hopefully we have better luck with the weather this week.

That looks a very poor Sheffield team.Monarchs should have a big pay day ,weather permitting(it looks a dodgy forecast though).

Sheffield's season just gets weirder... The new no. 7 the Tigers have just signed (who hasn't ridden a match for us yet) is replaced for this fixture by the rider HE replaced only two days ago. With all the comings and goings the Owlerton revolving door is in danger of becoming logjammed.

• Like 1

Workington 2nd string guesting @ 1 for the tigers . Sheffirlds season getting even more weird every week . mr bates has lost the plot .

all i can say is , have a good one Mason. see you Saturday .

Trekking all the way up north and tickets bought for this one. 

But need a miraculous improvement in the weather forecast otherwise a totally wasted journey. 

3 hours ago, jenga said:

Workington 2nd string guesting @ 1 for the tigers . Sheffirlds season getting even more weird every week . mr bates has lost the plot .

all i can say is , have a good one Mason. see you Saturday .

our of interest,who would you have chosen to guest instead of Campton?

Best result would be a rain off.Surely edinbro fans would rather see a full 1-7 sheffield team. Even tho we are not very strong at the moment a full team would be more entertaining. 

18 minutes ago, montie said:

Scott Nicholls? 

4 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Best result would be a rain off.Surely edinbro fans would rather see a full 1-7 sheffield team. Even tho we are not very strong at the moment a full team would be more entertaining. 

At £18 I would be giving it a miss.Is that not an understrengh Team.

So we have one heat leader, two second strings, 3 reserves and a rider deemed not good enough to ride at reserve, going to cost the Edinburgh management a lot of money with the points they will score

Edited by The Third Man

9 hours ago, montie said:

no one else . i like mason and he is having a good season . good job worky were not riding on friday  , cheers godders and chappy . i take it all back . NOT.

so miss cookie in the GPs . cant record on bt sports . so looks like live and in yer face speedway  @ wucky on Saturday v ippo ... looking forward to seeing young kemp . is that  ross,s lad ?

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Another week of hitting 60 on the cards it seems.

i dont think Sheffield will get that many, maybe just scrape through .

48 minutes ago, snapper said:

Cant see much of a crowd paying to watch this meeting very poor visiting line up 

but there is only one rider missing and thats charlie .secret weapon @ number 1 tho . 

i though thats why the glasgow team was built the way it was . to pulverise every visiting team . 

Edited by jenga