British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Swindon 20/8/18

Would obviously much rather Rory and Nathan were riding but I don't think we will be disadvantaged tonight. Rory hasn't been as good recently as he started the season so I'd expect the remaining 4 of the top 5 to score somewhere in the region of 8-10 which is what I'd have Rory down for. Jacob has picked up recently especially at Monmore and Masters has looked nearly unbeatable. 

I'd expect Bacon to score about what Nathan would have.  Must win as all home meetings are and Wolves should have more than enough. Wolves by 12 .

This is awful luck for Wolves again against Swindon. Despite the Budgies poor away form I think they'll win tonight especially after the poor effort at home to the Aces.

If they lose then they really don't deserve to be in the play offs.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

16 hours ago, tellboy said:

Another thing with FRN is it is harder to get guests when a rider is injured.You have your pick from the Lynn riders for this meeting.Really your only pick would be Lambert or NKI and do they want to do it?Last season you would have had your pick from whoever really.

The Wolves OS doesn't say something like 'We asked Lambert & NKI but both were unavailable/riding elsewhere/didn't want the booking' which you can guarantee they would have included had they both been asked and refused. It's pretty safe to assume they were never asked in the first place and R/R was taken as the cheap option:rolleyes:

It's in the DNA.

Edited by Wolfsbane

50 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

The Wolves OS doesn't say something like 'We asked Lambert & NKI but both were unavailable/riding elsewhere/didn't want the booking' which you can guarantee they would have included had they both been asked and refused. It's pretty safe to assume they were never asked in the first place and R/R was taken as the cheap option:rolleyes:

It's in the DNA.

Is Roberts average slightly  too high to guest for rory ? NkI would fit but hes been so inconsistent i think r/r would score similar that said he is improving of late . A lot of pressure on all 6 tonight now they will all need to chip in with something even Bacon needs to chip in with a couple ..

56 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Is Roberts average slightly  too high to guest for rory ? NkI would fit but hes been so inconsistent i think r/r would score similar that said he is improving of late . A lot of pressure on all 6 tonight now they will all need to chip in with something even Bacon needs to chip in with a couple ..

Lambert can guest at home as you get the extra 5% at home 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

No,Lambert's average isn't to high.Don't forget Schlein would get an extra 5% on top of his average as he would have been riding at home.Schlein's average is 8.54+5% at home you can use up to a 8.97 rider.Lambert is 8.58

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I believe Swindon will win this one. No Schlein, and Thorsell in diabolical form. Masters hot and cold. Swindon by 6.

Really? I think Swindon might nick a point at best.

Last home meeting for Wolves...

Thorssell 3, 3, 3, 3

Masters 3, 3,2', 3

Even with a weaker team I can only see a home win.    Swindon isn't setting the world alight  at the moment,   Morris has been a big disappointment,    but could  still get a point though.....

We are comedically bad at the moment.

Almost as if the riders know the game is up for the play offs so are doing what they can to get their averages down to be more employable next season.

• Like 1

Only Morris showing any kind of resistance. 11 Heats gone and Swindon yet to record a heat advantage..