British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Swindon 20/8/18

No real surprise as we continue this great run of 10 away defeats on the trot with a massive 1 point gained.

All that can be said has been said before sadly.

Swindon continue their slide down the table - quite shocking their form the last few weeks and quite simply don’t deserve a play-off spot and will miss out! 

• Like 2

Im actually glad we won't make the play offs as we have no chance of winning the league and would just get annihilated by Poole or Somerset in the semis. Rather go out now than then.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Wolverhampton 43

Swindon 47

19 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Wolverhampton 48

Swindon 42

Any more guesses :rofl::icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

52 38 Wolves. We are poo away from home.

Pretty good guess, but I’d have said you were mad before the meeting tho!

Great result for Wolves, Wednesday will determine if we make the top 4 however. Huge week.

Unbelievable how poor Swindon are away from home. Probably means they will now win at our place!

This was really very poor from Swindon. No reaction or response to last weeks home defeat to Belle Vue.

With Schlein  out and only R/R to cover for him the Budgies had an excellent opportunity to get something from this meeting but Wolves outrode them on the night.

Nick and Toby did their best getting 5 wins between them but there was little support from the rest of the team.

Despite the dissapointing run of recent form, Swindon remain in the top 4 (just) and could still qualify for the play offs.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unbelievable how poor Swindon are away from home. Probably means they will now win at our place!

I would say we will struggle to win a race let alone the meeting!!

Swindon have lost their mojo now -and there's no World Champion to steady the ship any more. By being in the top 4, we still remain in the play-off race. But the reality is we just don't seem good enough at the moment and I can't see us getting into the play-offs.

It's frustrating though. Look at the side: Batch, Nick, Toby, David, Adam and Zach - all capable of double figure scores and match winning performances. Why can't they all do it at the same time?

All we can do is look enviably at Somerset. The club has a massive smile on its face at the moment. Doyley banging in a maximum. BWD battling away at reserve. How we miss those two this year. I guess it's the price you pay for winning the league, and I do feel that all of the 5 riders we retained deserved a shot again this year.

Next year, if we still have a stadium, I expect there will be changes.

• Like 1

Last night we had a 5 man team instead of our usual 6. Jack Smith 0 as usual but Bellego 0 !! Morris got some good points for a change but Batch decided to have a night off instead. 

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Behave  SS..A 20 point win for you lot would be my guess...

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, johnno4 said:

Last night we had a 5 man team instead of our usual 6. Jack Smith 0 as usual but Bellego 0 !! Morris got some good points for a change but Batch decided to have a night off instead. 

Batchelor didn't have an off night. He was true to form that when you actually need him he goes missing. it's the same every year

6 hours ago, dabbsjoe said:

Batchelor didn't have an off night. He was true to form that when you actually need him he goes missing. it's the same every year

To be fair as a rider I don't like Batchelor and would never want him in any team of mine, however although he didn't score much he was properly racing and on the pace for once

Has Tom Bacon secured a starting place for 2019 at monmore after that ? need to make sure he does not get a average more than 2.00 for next season though.. I would be interested in what stevebrum thinks as like myself he has seen him progress first hand and whether he thinks he is ready for it full time ? 

17 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Has Tom Bacon secured a starting place for 2019 at monmore after that ? need to make sure he does not get a average more than 2.00 for next season though.. I would be interested in what stevebrum thinks as like myself he has seen him progress first hand and whether he thinks he is ready for it full time ? 

Tom’s guest appearances this season won’t earn him a 2018 PL average - his current Championship average would convert to well over 2.00 for 2019 assuming the rules stay the same.