British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Swindon 20/8/18

12 hours ago, Grachan said:

Swindon have lost their mojo now -and there's no World Champion to steady the ship any more. By being in the top 4, we still remain in the play-off race. But the reality is we just don't seem good enough at the moment and I can't see us getting into the play-offs.

It's frustrating though. Look at the side: Batch, Nick, Toby, David, Adam and Zach - all capable of double figure scores and match winning performances. Why can't they all do it at the same time?

All we can do is look enviably at Somerset. The club has a massive smile on its face at the moment. Doyley banging in a maximum. BWD battling away at reserve. How we miss those two this year. I guess it's the price you pay for winning the league, and I do feel that all of the 5 riders we retained deserved a shot again this year.

Next year, if we still have a stadium, I expect there will be changes.

Totally agree with your views Grachan.

The Robins were the very model of consistency last season yet this year they're the complete opposite.  We all know they can do so much better but for whatever reason it's not happening.

Like you I support Rosco in picking virtually the same team for this year; these guys did so well in winning the Championship they deserve a chance to defend it.

For sure we miss Doyley but I'm sure the decision to let him go was financial; I suspect our former No 1 wanted a significant pay increase after becoming World Champion.

I know on current form we look out of the race for the top 4 but Wolves and Belle Vue have tricky fixtures on their respective  run ins for the play offs, there may be a surprise yet.

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Has Tom Bacon secured a starting place for 2019 at monmore after that ? need to make sure he does not get a average more than 2.00 for next season though.. I would be interested in what stevebrum thinks as like myself he has seen him progress first hand and whether he thinks he is ready for it full time ? 

Let’s face it he has most definitely put himself in the shop window for a top flight place next year depending on rules and regulations.

My opinion, for what it is worth, is he has outgrown the NL and is now too good for it and staying with it next season will only halt his progress.

Tom has progressed a lot this year and looks much more assured and confident in his ability. For me he should be aiming at top 2 leagues next year, and hopefully the 2 leagues stay in place for this very reason.

Think most Wolves fans would be happy to see him snapped up for 2019, no doubt they won’t be the only club interested.

• Like 1