British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Slovenian GP Krsko Saturday September 8th

The ref knew that if Woofinden was excluded he wouldn’t make the semis. He knew that by excluding Woofinden Zmarzlik would have a free hit, would make the semis, probably make the final and reduce Woofindens lead to nothing. 

The referee will think he is a hero to Polish speedway.

The rest of us call him corrupt.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What's said by Morris and Woffy, have the meeting on silent, watching 2 things at once.

Woofy, something like "it  is was it is, hope karma gets him" Morris " i'm just relaying what the ref said.Woofy wasn't ready when the clock run to 00."

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THEN why not also exclude those that were also not ready?

My thoughts exactly.  As I said, Greg was "at the tapes", but he was nowhere near ready.

Steve

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What's said by Morris and Woffy, have the meeting on silent, watching 2 things at once.

Morris explained the reason for the exclusion - that Woffinden wasn't ready at the tapes when the 2 minutes were up. Woffinden shrugged it off, pretty much, although he did mention something about karma.

3 minutes ago, Leicester Lion said:

Woffinden gave the ref a reason to exclude him. Riders know they have to be ready even if the others are not.

Woffy gave the ref an excuse to exclude him. I can see both sides of this one. As everyone thinks none of the riders were ready should the ref have excluded them all? If not why are rules there in the first place.

and yes I'm bored by the racing , this debate is far more interesting  :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chunky said:

My thoughts exactly.  As I said, Greg was "at the tapes", but he was nowhere near ready.

Steve

Hancock is not challenging Zmarzlik.

3 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

As everyone thinks none of the riders were ready should the ref have excluded them all? If not why are rules there in the first place.

The rules are there apparently for the ref to apply how and when he feels...

Steve

EDIT: As was just said, the "rule" wasn't applied in Heat 18

Edited by chunky

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hancock is not challenging Zmarzlik.

But that shouldn't make any difference to a "rule"...

Steve

No Poles to get an advantage in Heat 18 when they missed the 2 mins.   :nono:

Because the two poles nearest woffy in the so called title chase are in the same race the most corrupt thing I ve ever seen made a mockery of the gp this year 

• Like 3

As proved in heat 18, the decision by the ref was completely corrupt. The FIM need to open an investigation immediately.  Whilst it won’t alter what happened, it could ensure the ref is never near the start button ever again. 

I would go even further and get the fraud squad to check his bank accounts to see if any money has been recently been deposited.

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

As proved in heat 18, the decision by the ref was completely corrupt. The FIM need to open an investigation immediately.  Whilst it won’t alter what happened, it could ensure the ref is never near the start button ever again. 

I would go even further and get the fraud squad to check his bank accounts to see if any money has been recently been deposited.

I also think it is interesting that the commentary has now been "silenced"...

Steve

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

The rules are there apparently for the ref to apply how and when he feels...

Steve

EDIT: As was just said, the "rule" wasn't applied in Heat 18

I'm not defending the refs decision in either race but it could be argued that the other three were at tapes and had they moved when they went up would have got a warning.

i think the ref is a prat but Woffy should not have given him an excuse to exc him when up against his biggest rival.

I suspect whats done Woffinden was how far back from the tapes he was.  The other three riders are up at tapes, but not Woffinden.  On that basis, the correct decision.

• Like 1