British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Slovenian GP Krsko Saturday September 8th

9 hours ago, chunky said:

Here, he was penalised despite others not being ready to race during at the end of the two minutes.  That is what is wrong here, and why people are unhappy.  Inconsistent and seemingly biased refereeing.

I agree with this and would add that like some others I believe the ref, was corrupt. He may not have taken money ( of course he may have ) but I feel it was more like,  I need to make an example of someone, so why not make the example of benefit to a Polish rider. That kind of corruption. Because three riders should have gone if he was being consistent and in the following race, where it seems riders learned nothing from Woffy's exclusion.

• Like 1

That must be the worse SGP I've seen for sometime.    When our sport is struggling to promote its existence, why ever was it conceived to  have a top meeting here.  The track was an absolute disgrace that did nothing to enhance the sport at all.   A one line,  gate and go exercise, kills off more supporters than other reason.   It was a complete and utter joke.

The organisers only saviour has to be the most inept and bias  Referee,  ever to grace these occasions.   it takes me back to 1984, when USA v UK at Foxhall,   Eglese, an out spoken ref ,  stopped the race on the third lap, after Lee had taken the lead,  and excluded him,  because he had delayed the start.  It was a complete joke of a decision,  that showed everybody how much Eglese personally disliked Lee.   

Last nights decision  to exclude Woffy was of the same standard.   It was premeditated and executed, totally to give those Polish riders the added insensitive, knowing Woffy couldn't  make the semis now.  I'm amazed that everyone  accepted the exclusion without questioning it, even though,  the Ref had fabricated a rule that doesn't exist...     The 2 min ruling is given to the  riders so they present themselves ready to race.  Once at the start area, they become the responsibility of the (SM) Start Marshall .     He doesn't have a clock to  get the riders ready,   he gives them time to  prepare their space,  then calls them to the line.  When they are ready he holds his arms up and walks away,   thus reliving his duty and handing  the responsibility back to the ref to release the tapes.      Sometimes  the SM  allows the riders too much time ,   sometimes  they are super efficient and the races start quicker, but I have never seen a Referee exclude a rider when he is under the control of the  SM  .       If  we are to believe the decision last night, and riders have to be ready at the line when the 2min elapse,  then the clock has to be where the SM can see it, and be written in the rules so riders and fans are aware of this expectation..   

No this evil referee  concocted a rule, that was  for the sole benefits of the Polish riders who are trying to catch up with Woffy.      When something like this happens, it enhances the public perception that this sport is all but dead…..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, g13webb said:

That must be the worse SGP I've seen for sometime.    When our sport is struggling to promote its existence, why ever was it conceived to  have a top meeting here.  The track was an absolute disgrace that did nothing to enhance the sport at all.   A one line,  gate and go exercise, kills off more supporters than other reason.   It was a complete and utter joke.

The organisers only saviour has to be the most inept and bias  Referee,  ever to grace these occasions.   it takes me back to 1984, when USA v UK at Foxhall,   Eglese, an out spoken ref ,  stopped the race on the third lap, after Lee had taken the lead,  and excluded him,  because he had delayed the start.  It was a complete joke of a decision,  that showed everybody how much Eglese personally disliked Lee.   

Last nights decision  to exclude Woffy was of the same standard.   It was premeditated and executed, totally to give those Polish riders the added insensitive, knowing Woffy couldn't  make the semis now.  I'm amazed that everyone  accepted the exclusion without questioning it, even though,  the Ref had fabricated a rule that doesn't exist...     The 2 min ruling is given to the  riders so they present themselves ready to race.  Once at the start area, they become the responsibility of the (SM) Start Marshall .     He doesn't have a clock to  get the riders ready,   he gives them time to  prepare their space,  then calls them to the line.  When they are ready he holds his arms up and walks away,   thus reliving his duty and handing  the responsibility back to the ref to release the tapes.      Sometimes  the SM  allows the riders too much time ,   sometimes  they are super efficient and the races start quicker, but I have never seen a Referee exclude a rider when he is under the control of the  SM  .       If  we are to believe the decision last night, and riders have to be ready at the line when the 2min elapse,  then the clock has to be where the SM can see it, and be written in the rules so riders and fans are aware of this expectation..   

No this evil referee  concocted a rule, that was  for the sole benefits of the Polish riders who are trying to catch up with Woffy.      When something like this happens, it enhances the public perception that this sport is all but dead…..

Thought frank ebdon was the ref that day.

• Like 1

It shows how poor a meeting it was when the main talking point is a refereeing decision. IMHO the ref was trying to make an example of someone by throwing them out , unluckily for Woofy it was him the ref chose to sling out ( I guess you may as well hep his nearest rival if you're going to do it )  in reality it didn't make any difference to the riders shenanigans at the starting tapes they rarely seem to take any notice of the SMs instructions anyway . 

Finished work at 5.30pm and rushed to the bookies and had two £5 win singles on Janowski and Dudek.........................will find out later if they pay out on the final or the fact Doyle had the most points! Never stopped to ask as was in a rush

1 hour ago, burton1 said:

Thought frank ebdon was the ref that day.

Yeah it probably was,   Time, sometimes  has an effect when remembering names.   Apologies for any misrepresentations,   

Still a terrible decision though,     About to start their last lap and the Ref put on the red light for an offence that happened at the start 

In the re run of heat 16 the rider in White was clearly moving before the start but the ref let the race continue.:rofl:

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Finished work at 5.30pm and rushed to the bookies and had two £5 win singles on Janowski and Dudek.........................will find out later if they pay out on the final or the fact Doyle had the most points! Never stopped to ask as was in a rush

Seriously, of course they pay for dudek..

Awful gp, but how much rain was there in build up? Example of why its good meetings get called ofc easier these days?

Terrible decision on woffy. Hard to see it as anything other than cheating. What was zmarzlick doing waving to ref well in advance of the last 20 seconds of count down. No rider was ready to race at 00.00. 

Hope he can hang on to the lead. Going to need to start making some gates.

Zmarzlik also got lucky with the cook ef. Have to say i was hopoing cook would let Woffy past. 

A couple more performances like that from holder and maybe he will get a wildcard?

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

In the re run of heat 16 the rider in White was clearly moving before the start but the ref let the race continue.:rofl:

Tbf that is standard practice. He disadvantaged himself, so presumably would have been on a warning if he got another ride. In that instance i tjink refs call was ok.

Time to outlaw all this gardening once and for all. The 2 minute rule should be applied, that is ready to race and what the referee did last night was correct. Woofy was a bike length back when the clock ran out. There should be a line some distance back from the start. You cross that and you are under the start marshalls orders and no gardening. You must cross that line in the 2 minutes. always thought gardening was the worst thing about modern speedway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Yeah it probably was,   Time, sometimes  has an effect when remembering names.   Apologies for any misrepresentations,   

Still a terrible decision though,     About to start their last lap and the Ref put on the red light for an offence that happened at the start 

It wasn't the last lap either. As they came round to complete the first lap the start marshall had his flag out.

You can see itbon youtube - first heat of the meeting..

Tbf it was nowhere near as bad as the woffy decision 

4 minutes ago, bill94d said:

Time to outlaw all this gardening once and for all. The 2 minute rule should be applied, that is ready to race and what the referee did last night was correct. Woofy was a bike length back when the clock ran out. There should be a line some distance back from the start. You cross that and you are under the start marshalls orders and no gardening. You must cross that line in the 2 minutes. always thought gardening was the worst thing about modern speedway.

Gardening is no worse now thsn the past. Starts are cleaner than ever, which id one reason why racing at the top level is better than ever. Not a single rider was ready to race at 0.00. So regardless of where thet were, all should have gone or none.

When u take into account zmarzlik s actions, hard to see it as anything otger than polish conspiracy.  Surprising Zmarzlik wasnt ready at tapes though if he knew that was coming 

22 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

It wasn't the last lap either. As they came round to complete the first lap the start marshall had his flag out.

You can see itbon youtube - first heat of the meeting..

Tbf it was nowhere near as bad as the woffy decision 

Ebdon was consistent that day and excluded anyone who touched the tapes from either side. I had this meeting on tape for years. There's also an interview with Carl Glover, who says he told them before the meeting started that this would happen, so they couldn't argue about it.

As for last night, my issue with it is that Woffinden was at the tapes and ready to race, but, because the Poles were dicking about, he moved back and cooled his clutch and waited for them. Then, as soon as the two Poles were ready, Woffy moved back to the tapes, ready to go.

It was an outreageously bad decision, although, the way Woffinden rode last night, he may well have run a last in that race and wouldn't have reached the semi anyway, so not as disastrous as it could have been.

I do think it was a biased decision from a Polish ref, though. That, plus Doyle's warning, should exclude him from any future GPs.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 1

Appalling decision by the Ref that gives every appearance of being corrupt but the whole start situation was made worse by a start marshall who must have wanted his 15 minutes of fame. He was such a pain in the arse that by that stage of the meeting everybody had learned to ignore him.