British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon Prem B. 22/8/18

Well after Belle Vue picked up 4 points tonight at Swindon, the Robins know they need to winat Wimborne Road next Wednesday to have a chance of a top 4 finish. Lady luck is certainly shining on them as Pirates are without Nicolai Klindt and Freddie Jackobsen, both riding in Denmark. R/R covers Klindts rides and Matt Ford has drafted in Riss for Freddie. 

We are certainly going to miss Nicolai who has been excellent since coming into the team. R/R won’t cover adequately. Although Freddie has had 2 poor meetings in a row, he will also be missed and it’s doubtful our guest will do much.

Swindon have the opportunity to rectify the home defeat. Will they manage to repeat the A fixture, or will Poole gain revenge?

Think Swindon's winning run in Dorset will end, gash away and not much better at home this year. Will be surprised if they make top 4 now, about 54-36 oi reckons.

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well after Belle Vue picked up 4 points tonight at Swindon, the Robins know they need to winat Wimborne Road next Wednesday to have a chance of a top 4 finish. Lady luck is certainly shining on them as Pirates are without Nicolai Klindt and Freddie Jackobsen, both riding in Denmark. R/R covers Klindts rides and Matt Ford has drafted in Riss for Freddie. 

We are certainly going to miss Nicolai who has been excellent since coming into the team. R/R won’t cover adequately. Although Freddie has had 2 poor meetings in a row, he will also be missed and it’s doubtful our guest will do much.

Swindon have the opportunity to rectify the home defeat. Will they manage to repeat the A fixture, or will Poole gain revenge?

I though that regarding Klindt, as I posted earlier. But just had a look and Worrall, Josh and the reserves can take his rides. So Worrall, Josh and Woryna twice ain't to bad. I'd have Klindt down for 7 or 8 from 4.. Will probably get 6-7 if Josh continues his home form and score 2 or 3 from his ride.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I though that as I posted earlier. But just had a look and Worrall, Josh and the reserves can take his rides. So Worrall, Josh and Woryna twice ain't to bad. I'd have Klindt down for 7 or 8 from 4.. Will probably get 6-7 if Josh continues his home form and score 2 or 3 from his ride.

All 3 riders eligible for r/r rides & far better riders than Nicolai so nice try Steve.

Nicolai has been banging in very good scores. Rather have him than r/r any day.

His last scores inc bonus points have been 10, 18, 10, 11, 11, 7, 9, 9. Doubt r/r will cover.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nicolai has been banging in very good scores. Rather have him than r/r any day.

His last scores inc bonus points have been 10, 18, 10, 11, 11, 7, 9, 9. Doubt r/r will cover.

He's in the 1-5 now..What are his scores in the 1-5 without bonus points??

6, 9, 8

Edited by Bald Bloke

So Worrall , Josh and Woryna twice wont be far out.Maybe a point or 2 less?

Don't get me wrong, i'd rather Klindt at Poole in the form he is in, but it's not such a big loss as I first thought before I looked who would take his rides.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Belle Vue's results this week show that you never know but I'd expect Poole to comfortably cover for their missing men and win the meeting by enough to deny Swindon a point.

Apart from the importance of the meeting itself for both sides, its also the cut-off for the September averages.

Although Frederik will complete his 4 home/4 away meetings on Monday at Somerset and his new average will be effective for the Bank Holiday meetings v Somerset (H) and Swindon (A). It'll be interesting to see the reserve positions then.

Edited by Skidder1

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Apart from the importance of the meeting itself for both sides, its also the cut-off for the September averages.

Although Frederik will complete his 4 home/4 away meetings on Monday at Somerset and his new average will be effective for the Bank Holiday meetings v Somerset (H) and Swindon (A). It'll be interesting to see the reserve positions then.

Very much so. Could be either Freddie, Josh or Richie heading to the reserve berth.

Swindon need to at least get 1 point from this meeting but after last night I am not sure we will.

Let's look at the facts, we sneaked an away win at Leicester and won at Poole when they were misfiring, both in April, what have we done since, 1 measly point, funnily enough at Leicester again, so you must be deluded if you think we will even get the losers point, Poole might be slightly weakened, but we have a team Batch apart who are all out of form, especially away..........52-38.