British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon Prem B. 22/8/18

1 hour ago, scottyfan said:

I’m getting a bit worried now........Where is dear old DC2??

Heard a man wearing a Swindon Robins shirt was seen walking into the woods with a length of rope in his hand!!........ Still.......glug glug glug.....:rofl:

That is a bloody sick comment.  An issue that is extremely serious and close to my life.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-08-21/what-time-is-horizon-stopping-male-suicide-on-tv/

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

That is a bloody sick comment.  An issue that is extremely serious and close to my life.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-08-21/what-time-is-horizon-stopping-male-suicide-on-tv/

Chill. I'm only still here because I didn't tie the knot properly 24 years ago. And I'm glad I made that mistake. In that time I've discovered speedway. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Think you'll find Jack Smith wasn't in H14

Poole Speedway‏ @poolespeedway 2h2 hours ago

Heat 14 1st K.Woryna 2nd R.Worrall (RR) 3rd Z.Wajtknecht (RS) 4th T.Musielak 5-1 49-35 Good ride from Worrall this time as Pirates pile on the points

watching twitter, in your armchair again eh???

As much as I love a dig at the Poole track, the adver speedway reporter has tweeted that it was the best meeting he had been to in years. Poole too strong for us and the consistent inconsistency of the top 5 continues. Not good enough for the play offs so we will finish where we deserve to be and that's 6th.

There will be no choking in the play offs this year. 4 evenly matched teams for once and it's anyone's. Will be great for a neutral to watch! 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Be interesting to see who Somerset will pick!!

if somerset finish top maybe they would pick us i would think gary may would be quite confident they can beat us over 2 legs ? just my opinion

Edited by ray c

On 8/16/2018 at 9:53 PM, auntie doris said:

Think Swindon's winning run in Dorset will end, gash away and not much better at home this year. Will be surprised if they make top 4 now, about 54-36 oi reckons.

Told you

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Be interesting to see who Somerset will pick!!

Don't think Somerset will have the choice as I see King's Lynn finishing top and they will pick Belle Vue.

Edited by Stiltonpanther
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

watching twitter, in your armchair again eh???

Nope! :D That's just you.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Don't think Somerset will have the choice as I see King's Lynn finishing top and they will pick Belle Vue.

That will suit Somerset! 

It makes no difference who we get. We still have to beat any of two of the three to become champs and it’s wideopen. No clear favourite. Somerset might fancy us in the semi having just turned us over, but will we ride that badly again? And we will have certainly wised up to their track doctoring. 

Any of the 4 can win this. Should make for thrilling semi finals and final.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It makes no difference who we get. We still have to beat any of two of the three to become champs and it’s wideopen. No clear favourite. Somerset might fancy us in the semi having just turned us over, but will we ride that badly again? And we will have certainly wised up to their track doctoring. 

I think Poole hope Wolves qualify and they meet them. Wolves are are a poor side, of that there is no doubt.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Spot on assessment!

49 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

So instead of EVERY meeting between now and the end of the season being crucial in deciding who wins the league we will have to settle for just 6, when it's raining in October.

That's a pity.

Why? The rest of this season is crucial, to get that top spot. Teams will be desperate to avoid Somerset or Poole. If Belle Vue finish top they wil pick Kings Lynn, and vice versa. I doubt Poole or Somerset would pick each other in the semis. Poole would probably pick Lynn if we topped the table. (Unlikely)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why? The rest of this season is crucial, to get that top spot. Teams will be desperate to avoid Somerset or Poole. If Belle Vue finish top they wil pick Kings Lynn, and vice versa. I doubt Poole or Somerset would pick each other in the semis. Poole would probably pick Lynn if we topped the table. (Unlikely)

Couldn't see Belle Vue picking Kings Lynn having lost twice at home to them. However Lynn could well pick Belle Vue.  Lynn are in the box seat to top the league IMO.