British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon Prem B. 22/8/18

So the the 'disinterested' Batch managed to be top scorer again ! The very very disinterested Morris ? what was his score again. Give me Charlie Gjedde at his best any day.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr X said:

That is a bloody sick comment.  An issue that is extremely serious and close to my life.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-08-21/what-time-is-horizon-stopping-male-suicide-on-tv/

Glad I wasn’t the only one who thought how insensitive a comment that was.

I seriously hope they never lose someone to suicide!!!!!

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It makes no difference who we get. We still have to beat any of two of the three to become champs and it’s wideopen. No clear favourite. Somerset might fancy us in the semi having just turned us over, but will we ride that badly again? And we will have certainly wised up to their track doctoring. 

Any of the 4 can win this. Should make for thrilling semi finals and final.

So it’s gone from Somerset’s to lose to no clear favourite on no time at all. Make your mind up :D

Great meeting. Priveleged to watch the final 3 heats from the centre green; you really do get a better sense of what the riders can hear when a packed grandstand roars its approval - and I'm usually one of those in the main grandstand. Have to say its a long time since I remember jumping up and punching the air in excitement - great racing!!  (ps. Its a long time since I managed to jump up for anything!!);)

I can't add anything to Steve Shovlar's report - spot on.

Official Sponsors' Rider of the Night award went to Brady Kurtz but it could just as easily have gone to Bomber, Josh G or Kacper.

PS. Well done to the Robins for keeping Poole honest in the first half of the meeting. I'd be realistically happy with an away point at Blunsdon  on Monday.

32 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So it’s gone from Somerset’s to lose to no clear favourite on no time at all. Make your mind up :D

Very difficult call, but I predict table to finish Somerset, Poole, Kings Lynn, Belle Vue. Somerset may well pick Poole on  recent results. But very open year and will depend on weather & injuries, IMHO.

Edited by Supersub

I think Lynn could top it and pick the Mancs

If Lynn top it they would probably pick BV.  But they will be wary of the improvement belle Vue can make with worrall getting fitter each week and us having stronger reserves now than when we last met.

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Great meeting. Priveleged to watch the final 3 heats from the centre green; you really do get a better sense of what the riders can hear when a packed grandstand roars its approval - and I'm usually one of those in the main grandstand. Have to say its a long time since I remember jumping up and punching the air in excitement - great racing!!  (ps. Its a long time since I managed to jump up for anything!!);)

I can't add anything to Steve Shovlar's report - spot on.

Official Sponsors' Rider of the Night award went to Brady Kurtz but it could just as easily have gone to Bomber, Josh G or Kacper.

PS. Well done to the Robins for keeping Poole honest in the first half of the meeting. I'd be realistically happy with an away point at Blunsdon  on Monday.

Their reasoning why Brady got ROTN is a bit floored though. Good job they don't choose it every week otherwise no one else would win it. Bomber, Josh or Kacper had no chance really as they don't ride at no1! :rolleyes: :blink:

I think a home win against Somerset which hopefully will be a bit easier than last time and a away win at Swindon could put us in pole position but Swindon although with nothing to ride for will be up for it at home so will be tough but I think we can do it. Brady goes very well at Swindon usually and seemed like his old self last night so there is hope.

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

If Lynn top it they would probably pick BV.  But they will be wary of the improvement belle Vue can make with worrall getting fitter each week and us having stronger reserves now than when we last met.

With their recent run of results I think Belle Vue are the form team.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

With their recent run of results I think Belle Vue are the form team.

Not much between them and KL, be interesting to see how the reminding meetings go.

33 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I think that would be the only choice if we finish top....we need Poole out before the final for us to win and Somerset are the best equipped team to do that. That leaves us with Belle Vue who are the form team but have a fantastic track that we ride well.

If Poole get past Somerset they win IMO, simple as that. Neither Lynn or Belle Vue will be good enough to go down there and keep it close enough.

6 hours ago, Trackrat said:

watching twitter, in your armchair again eh???

that's funny,could sware she was stood next to me on the home straight

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I think a home win against Somerset which hopefully will be a bit easier than last time and a away win at Swindon could put us in pole position but Swindon although with nothing to ride for will be up for it at home so will be tough but I think we can do it. Brady goes very well at Swindon usually and seemed like his old self last night so there is hope.

I wouldnt start counting your horses mate, Somerset will not be easy,  we have to go into that meeting with the right attitude, they will ride hard for 15 hts. Oh, and Gerrald knows what to do with the track ...;)

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Big if, dont get carried away with the fact you got 6 points last night. If you didnt, you wouldnt deserve being in any play off shake up.