British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon Prem B. 22/8/18

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Big if, dont get carried away with the fact you got 6 points last night. If you didnt, you wouldnt deserve being in any play off shake up.

You confuse me Starman SUPERACE's team didn't get 6 points last night:blink:.They didn't even ride.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You confuse me Starman SUPERACE's team didn't get 6 points last night:blink:.They didn't even ride.

He came across as a KL fan, thats why i put it..

"super aces" could possibly have been a clue to which team he supports, just needs a "oops sorry my mistake"from you.i made a silly mistake yesterday lisa corrected me,  quick apology and all sorted

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Really,that's not how i read it.Oh well or sorted now,apology accepted:P

• Like 2

Frustrating evening for the Budgies as with 3 heats to go they were only 6 points adrift and earning a league point looked possible but then it all came unstuck with those three 5-1 reverses.

As Rosco said the Heat 7 crash damaged the Robins chances with Tobias being adversely affected by it.

There were some positives; I thought David and Adam both rode very well but with Toby being off it and Nick Morris fading badly it wasn't enough again.

Much as I like Nick as a rider I wonder if a move to another team next year might give his career a boost? I thought after last year he might kick on but he's slipped back this season.

As for Poole, after numerous changes Ford seems to  have found a winning set up and I would now consider them as favorites for the title. Kurtz and Grajczonek look to to be back to their normal form, Bomber seems to be thriving in his new team and the reserve set up is very strong. Somerset are very reliant on Doyle and Holder, Kings Lynn similarly with Lambert and Iversen and Belle Vue have the overrated Cook, and Fricke who can be brilliant but  also be very average at times and a not fully fit Steve Worrall .    

Big crowd last night which was a boost for the sport in the UK.

3 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

Frustrating evening for the Budgies as with 3 heats to go they were only 6 points adrift and earning a league point looked possible but then it all came unstuck with those three 5-1 reverses.

As Rosco said the Heat 7 crash damaged the Robins chances with Tobias being adversely affected by it.

There were some positives; I thought David and Adam both rode very well but with Toby being off it and Nick Morris fading badly it wasn't enough again.

Much as I like Nick as a rider I wonder if a move to another team next year might give his career a boost? I thought after last year he might kick on but he's slipped back this season.

As for Poole, after numerous changes Ford seems to  have found a winning set up and I would now consider them as favorites for the title. Kurtz and Grajczonek look to to be back to their normal form, Bomber seems to be thriving in his new team and the reserve set up is very strong. Somerset are very reliant on Doyle and Holder, Kings Lynn similarly with Lambert and Iversen and Belle Vue have the overrated Cook, and Fricke who can be brilliant but  also be very average at times and a not fully fit Steve Worrall .    

Big crowd last night which was a boost for the sport in the UK.

Send him to Poole if you want... Though he may not want that! :D

What Superace a Kings Lynn fan!!  Someone might think you were a Starsman!

I wouldnt start counting your horses mate, Somerset will not be easy,  we have to go into that meeting with the right attitude, they will ride hard for 15 hts. Oh, and Gerrald knows what to do with the track ...;)

Should be easier than last time with a bit of luck Brady might get some points now he has found some form.

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

As Roy Walker used to say 'the clues in the name', durr.

1 minute ago, Trackrat said:

As Roy Walker used to say 'the clues in the name', durr.

Crikey,is Starman really a King's Lynn fan then:blink:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I wouldnt start counting your horses mate, Somerset will not be easy,  we have to go into that meeting with the right attitude, they will ride hard for 15 hts. Oh, and Gerrald knows what to do with the track ...;)

It’s Somerset for me, but I’m not counting my horses. :)

2 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

It’s Somerset for me, but I’m not counting my horses. :)

Thats a Rosco saying..:)

• Haha 1