British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

German GP Teterow Saturday September 22nd

1 hour ago, chunky said:

ANYWAY, camping chairs and Woffinden-haters aside...

With Dudek likely sidelined for the rest of the season (and I'm surprised there isn't more talk about that), this could have an impact on the qualification for next year.  Dudek is likely to miss out on a Top 8 spot, but he will obviously be a prime candidate for a wildcard. This also means that Sayfutdinov is probably going to guarantee his place for 2019.

Of course, this gives Pedersen perhaps more incentive to really push for eighth now? Not that I think he needs to...

It will be very interesting to see what happens next week, and who will be fighting for what in Torun.

Steve

On his form of the last 4 GP's Emil does not over take Dudek who is 14 ahead.  Scored 8 6 3 5.  

Zagar and Pedersen need 23 / 25 to draw level with Dudek.   Plenty to ride for in Teterow and Torun.   

2 hours ago, chunky said:

ANYWAY, camping chairs and Woffinden-haters aside...

Steve

Yeah,sorry about mentioning something that is p'eeing off punters.Not really important what with falling crowds,but there you goB):rolleyes:

On 9/14/2018 at 5:58 PM, chunky said:

With Dudek likely sidelined for the rest of the season (and I'm surprised there isn't more talk about that), this could have an impact on the qualification for next year.  Dudek is likely to miss out on a Top 8 spot, but he will obviously be a prime candidate for a wildcard. This also means that Sayfutdinov is probably going to guarantee his place for 2019.

Is it confirmed Dudek is out of Torun?  I certainly wouldn't expect him back in time for Teterow but I think he might have recovered enough for Torun.

If not he still has a reasonably healthy advantage (14 points) over 9th in the standings and largely out of form Sayfutdinov.  Surely 10th in the rankings Zagar, also recently injured, will not make up the 23 points he is behind Dudek in two meetings.

Should Dudek not retain his top 8 place I wouldn't expect it to be given that he gets a Wildcard being Polish with Janowski & Zmarzlik ahead of him and Kolodziej already qualified.  He could count himself unlucky if he doesn't.  Hampel was second in the rankings after 3 events when he got injured at the SWC a few years ago, no sign of him being given a Wildcard.

I also think Vaculik will be unlucky if he misses out one a Wildcard due to his early season injury.  NKI has qualified so I doubt a Danish rider will get a Wildcard, both Lindgren & Lindback have qualified so no Swedish permanent Wildcard.  I just hope Holder doesn't get a spot, his performances have certainly not justified his inclusion in the series for the last two years.  Cue Dorset hate coming my way.....

For the record I'm no fan of Woffinden or Zmarzlik in particular but I'd rather have a British World Champion than a Polish one.

Important info:P

Hier nochmal für euch die wichtigsten Infos zum deutschen Speedway Grand Prix 2018:

-Freitag , 21.09.2018 , SGP-Training:

Verkauf von Tickets und Programmen ab 15.00 Uhr / Stadionöffnung 16.30 Uhr / Beginn Training 17.00 Uhr....
Der Kauf eines Programmheftes gilt als Eintrittskarte für das Training.

-Samstag , 22.09.2018 , SGP Rennen:

Verkauf von Tickets und Programmen ab 13.00 Uhr / Stadionöffnung 17.00 Uhr / Start SGP 19.00 Uhr
FAN ZONE am Samstag , 22.09.2018 ab 15.00 Uhr mit Imbiss , Getränkeständen , SGP-Fanartikel-Shops, musikalischer Unterhaltung mit dem „Hassender-Showtruck“, SGP-Autogrammstunde 17.10 Uhr sowie der „Monster Energy“-Bühne vor dem Stadion.

Camping für Wohnwagen/Wohnmobile ist wie die Vorjahre wieder im Bereich des „Bergrings“ möglich. Der Campingplatz ist von 21.09.2018 - 23.09.2018 geöffnet.
Wohnwagen/Wohnmobile zahlen € 10,00, Zelt incl. PKW kostet € 5,00. DIXI-Toiletten sind vorhanden, eine Möglichkeit für Stromanschluss besteht nicht.

Parkplätze stehen im Bereich der Arena zur Verfügung, welche im Teterower Stadtgebiet ausgeschildert sind. Die Parkplatzgebühren betragen € 2,00 für PKW , € 1,00 pro Motorrad , Busse zahlen € 5,00.

Für die Einwohner Teterows wird es wieder einen Shuttle-Service geben, genaue Infos werden kurzfristig im Internet veröffentlicht.

Mobile Stühle (Campingstühle,Klappstühle usw. ) sind beim diesjährigen SGP gestattet , Getränkeflaschen etc. (auch PET)sind im Stadion nicht erlaubt.

Tickets sind im Vorverkauf online noch bis zum 20.09.2018 ab € 30,00 +VVK erhältlich , an der Stadionkasse am 21.09.2018 und 22.09.2018 ab € 45,00.

Edited by iris123

8 hours ago, Col said:

Is it confirmed Dudek is out of Torun?  I certainly wouldn't expect him back in time for Teterow but I think he might have recovered enough for Torun.

Quote from SGP article.

He added: “At the moment Patryk’s return to the track this season is unlikely, but everything depends on the course of surgery, rehabilitation and bone healing.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Dudek has broken his upper arm.     No chance of Torun

Edited by Mark

Fair enough. Didn't realise it was a humerus break. The quote on SGP site just says "Unlikely" to ride again this season. Falubaz could certainly use him in the Ekstraliga relegation playoff.

Weather forecast seems to be showing rain/showers for Friday Saturday and Sunday!!!

Why oh why Woffinden-haters quite often around in this forum. Mind you, I‘m not impressed about his tattoos, but he‘s a great rider and character for our sport: Englands no 1. Compared to the riding style ie of Mr Lindgren he does respect his rivals and let‘s them some room. Remember Lindgren v Woffinden in Prag semifinal ....

The best rider should win, I keep my fingers crossed for TW, but it will be a tough battle.

3 hours ago, Navigator1900 said:

Why oh why Woffinden-haters quite often around in this forum. Mind you, I‘m not impressed about his tattoos, but he‘s a great rider and character for our sport: Englands no 1. Compared to the riding style ie of Mr Lindgren he does respect his rivals and let‘s them some room. Remember Lindgren v Woffinden in Prag semifinal ....

The best rider should win, I keep my fingers crossed for TW, but it will be a tough battle.

I like Woffinden, want him to win the Championship but Lindgren did nothing wrong in that semi final.    Seen 50 worse incidents of a rider squeezing another in this GP series.

• Like 1

IMO Woffinden is an excellent but also fair rider like Sayfutdinov for example. Others like Lindgren or Pedersen ride more agressively and sometimes too agressively with risk of crash and injury. Last year Belle Vue: Lindgren Bjerre incident already forgotten ...

Don‘t get me wrong, I think agressive riding like Zmarzlik does is ok and very exciting to watch, or take Lindbäck on his day, great rider too, but no bad boys IMO. And sorry Mark, Lindgrens action in Prag was too hard ....not only my opinion.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Navigator1900 said:

IMO Woffinden is an excellent but also fair rider like Sayfutdinov for example. Others like Lindgren or Pedersen ride more agressively and sometimes too agressively with risk of crash and injury. Last year Belle Vue: Lindgren Bjerre incident already forgotten ...

Don‘t get me wrong, I think agressive riding like Zmarzlik does is ok and very exciting to watch, or take Lindbäck on his day, great rider too, but no bad boys IMO. And sorry Mark, Lindgrens action in Prag was too hard ....not only my opinion.

About as spot on a post as Ive ever read on here

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Navigator1900 said:

Agressive riding by Zmarzlik is OK but not from Lindgren or Pedersen.    Really !     Watch Prague again, it was handbags over nothing.    I'm a Woffinden fan but there were far worse moves pulled that night and on other nights.    Woffinden used to ride very agressively, he smashed into Pedersen and Gollob in his early days causing injury, but now rides sensibly to keep out of trouble and hospital.    Don't blame him, he earms zero when out of action.

Should Zmarzik be anywhere close to winning the world title in Torun he will ride like a maniac, ruthless and fence anyone in his way including Woffinden.  

Edited by Mark

Zmarzlik is just as dirty/ruthless as freddie or Nicki. Its a trait that will likely help secure him a world title at some point - most world champs have pushed the boundaries at some point.

Here's hoping for a good display from Tai to preserve a decent lead going to Torun.