British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

German GP Teterow Saturday September 22nd

Meanwhile back in the studio, Scott Nicholls is more like Scott McKenzie tonight:

If you're going to San Francisco be sure to wear some flowers on your shirt.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Anyone else think they should have awarded the first running of heat 4?

My thoughts exactly, as the race was in the late stages and was virtually decided, with Vaculick well clear & Hancock a long way behind. I've seen races awarded with much less distance between the riders, without the crash it's unlikely that order would have changed. 

Edited by womble53

9 minutes ago, speedwayfun said:

stop this please

6 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Call it off, track is appalling.

1 minute ago, waiheke1 said:

If the riders had refused to race i imagine we would have been flooded with complaints about modern riders not being prepared to race in the wet...

I agree would happily see this called off.

As it is just hope everyone completes  the meetinh safely.

Looks like Belle Vues luck continues...

Anyone else think they should hsve awarded the first running of heat 4?

" Come on, come on, listen to the moneytalk...." which means that this will be called off but not until they have enough heats for the result to count.
I think it was the last year at Ullevi in Gothenburg where it rained as well and they (FIM/BSI) didn't call it off until after 12 heats coz' the result was then
valid and thus they didn't have to repay ticket money. 

As for heat 4, IIRC heats cannot be awarded in the SGP.

12 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

If the riders had refused to race i imagine we would have been flooded with complaints about modern riders not being prepared to race in the wet...

I agree would happily see this called off.

As it is just hope everyone completes  the meetinh safely.

Looks like Belle Vues luck continues...

Anyone else think they should hsve awarded the first running of heat 4?

I don't think the FIM rules allow for a race to be awarded 

I thought it changed a couple of years back to allow it. Maybe first needs to have finished when the red lights go on?

It just seemed commonsense, especially in these conditions. But if the rules dont allow it it's obviously a no go. 

18 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I can't for the life of me understand why this place still gets a GP. It's awful, even when it's dry. This is pathetic.

I did say the same before a wheel had been turned at the first GP.Terroble track and that was known at the time.The U21 final a year or 2 before was almost called off by Stekkers because of a protest,I think from the Aussie team and another german meeting the senior riders refused to ride.Still others know better,so they think

1. one guy with a spade
  2. another with a brush   what are they up to?
  3. are those track changes going to work

i hope so  but will it still be a procession  - will they able to round the outside  and not fall off

4 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I can't see it continuing to be honest. There is far, far too much dirt on that track.

They will probably race again but another accident and that will be that IMO.

Interesting to hear Scott Nichols say riders spend about £100K on engines, without anything else.

Begs the question as to why staging tracks are not compelled to provide track covers costing less than 10% of that.

• Like 1

Just now, Star Lady said:

Interesting to hear Scott Nichols say riders spend about £100K on engines, without anything else.

Begs the question as to why staging tracks are not compelled to provide track covers costing less than 10% of that.

Or why doesn’t the sport grow some balls and make riders buy engines that actually work in the wet or dirt or indeed anything other than concrete 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Or why doesn’t the sport grow some balls and make riders buy engines that actually work in the wet or dirt or indeed anything other than concrete 

Totally agree. 

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Trouble is some people think they know it all.Someone asked after yesterday’s training was called off of lessons had been learnt and covers should be used.The answer from a person at the club wa ‘what lessons should be learnt?The weather will be perfect’