British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

German GP Teterow Saturday September 22nd

Fair play, not a fan of Woffinden but he's streets ahead of anyone else this year. Just a shame to see him so nonchalant about winning it, he's virtually guaranteed yet another world title and he seems like he couldn't care less.

1 minute ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Not a lot said about it but Doyle’s  move on Hancock in the final was up there with the best of the ruthless moves

Not sure anyone was watching Doyle or Hancock! 

Steve

38 minutes ago, Mark said:

Replace with what ?

They need another person in the studio to give another perspective and play against the 2 we currently have who just agree with each other. Need a more controversial face to be argumentative.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, JCookie said:

Fair play, not a fan of Woffinden but he's streets ahead of anyone else this year. Just a shame to see him so nonchalant about winning it, he's virtually guaranteed yet another world title and he seems like he couldn't care less.

The job isn't finished yet...  It's no good celebrating before you actually win!

Steve

• Like 4

Great job Woffy, pulled it out when he really needed to and that's why he's the best rider out there. Barring injury that should be that, too much of a gap for Polish interference to do it alone now...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Psychology could have been in play looking at zmarzlik he must be wondering what he s got to do to ruffle woffy s feathers the final was a big big race woffy got the drop and was in the right place at the right time and went onto win the final but more importantly keeps a biggish gap between him and zmarzlik 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adonis said:

hahaha  if woffininden wins it another 10 times ,he'll still be a long way off being the best British rider ever , not least because he's really an Aussie 

As I see it, Wofffffinden has matured immensely last couple of seasons. Wasn’t a fan during the earlier arrogant (immature) years - guess most of us would be the same thrust into the high life so young. He is a Brit but fully understand an allegiance to the country his parents emigrated. I was cheering him on, despite my £1 on Zagar. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They need another person in the studio to give another perspective and play against the 2 we currently have who just agree with each other. Need a more controversial face to be argumentative.

I'll do it . all you need to do is say it like it is . more than enough controversial for the rose tinted glasses brigade

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Are you putting yourself forward Steve :D

19 minutes ago, tyke said:

Are you putting yourself forward Steve :D

He'd probably get banned before the first ad break:rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

As I see it, Wofffffinden has matured immensely last couple of seasons. Wasn’t a fan during the earlier arrogant (immature) years - guess most of us would be the same thrust into the high life so young. He is a Brit but fully understand an allegiance to the country his parents emigrated. I was cheering him on, despite my £1 on Zagar. 

Same with me, still don't particularly like the person, though he has changed for the better. I found I was saying to myself "c'mon Tai" more then once tonight...… but some of that was because I like him more then I like Zmarzlik.

I did think the meeting was going to be called off after heat 3, especially when it started to rain again. But the track was worked on well, turned it around into a race track and some of the later heats were really good. Having said that, there must be a better track to take the GPs too.

I do hope Vaculik gets a wild card next year, along with Nicki.

• Like 1

The state of the track was obvious. Why didn't they take off the top surface before it started? That way we could have had a chance of some decent racing from the beginning and a couple of riders probably wouldn't have been injured and had to withdraw from the meeting.

Woffinden came good when it mattered and deserved his win. Whether he is the best British rider ever is obviously open to debate but I don't think you can compare different eras. You could argue that it is more difficult at present because you have to be consistent throughout the season but you can afford a couple of poorer meetings and that ignores that the qualifiers for the one off finals were run throughout the season and in the final you couldn't usually afford to drop more than 2 points to win it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Same with me, still don't particularly like the person, though he has changed for the better. I found I was saying to myself "c'mon Tai" more then once tonight...… but some of that was because I like him more then I like Zmarzlik.

I did think the meeting was going to be called off after heat 3, especially when it started to rain again. But the track was worked on well, turned it around into a race track and some of the later heats were really good. Having said that, there must be a better track to take the GPs too.

I do hope Vaculik gets a wild card next year, along with Nicki.

i think the germans have as many problems with nimby;s as we do , the old international track at Pocking is still standing  but they are not allowed to use it ,  and next year this round will be in the UK  ,so the teterow one might be in July in better weather 

3 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

The state of the track was obvious. Why didn't they take off the top surface before it started? That way we could have had a chance of some decent racing from the beginning and a couple of riders probably wouldn't have been injured and had to withdraw from the meeting.

Woffinden came good when it mattered and deserved his win. Whether he is the best British rider ever is obviously open to debate but I don't think you can compare different eras. You could argue that it is more difficult at present because you have to be consistent throughout the season but you can afford a couple of poorer meetings and that ignores that the qualifiers for the one off finals were run throughout the season and in the final you couldn't usually afford to drop more than 2 points to win it. 

depends if you believe the yard stick for best ever  is based on world titles , I can think of a dozen british riders who never won a world title ,but were far better than woffinden will ever be 

14 minutes ago, adonis said:

depends if you believe the yard stick for best ever  is based on world titles , I can think of a dozen british riders who never won a world title ,but were far better than woffinden will ever be 

No you can't.

• Like 3