British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

German GP Teterow Saturday September 22nd

2 hours ago, Grand Central said:

No need to be apologetic at all.
You have got the point well  and used a good hypothetical analogy to express it.

I offer no hope that this will be understood by the same old faces who have been spouting their nonsense for years.

An OPINION i  respect yours why dont you do the same if you are capable.

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

An OPINION i  respect yours why dont you do the same if you are capable.

There are no opinions being discussed. This is your problem, you don't understand what an opinion actually is.

Your argument is the equivalent of saying 5+5 = 20 because it's your 'opinion'.

Edited by BWitcher

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

There are no opinions being discussed. This is your problem, you don't understand what an opinion actually is.

No i think Grachan answered your posts brilliantly and he does not care if he is right or wrong and  neither do i. Also Grachan has seen those riders so his opinion!!!!!!! is more valid.Wont mention it again but will enjoy telling you again i do believe the top riders and the BL from 1969-1986 was of  a very high standard and  i will never waver from that averages or no averages.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

No i think Grachan answered your posts brilliantly and he does not care if he is right or wrong and  neither do i. Also Grachan has seen those riders so his opinion!!!!!!! is more valid.Wont mention it again but will enjoy telling you again i do believe the top riders and the BL from 1969-1986 was of  a very high standard and  i will never waver from that averages or no averages.

Grachan has answered them brilliantly once he understood what the discussion was.

He agreed. Ashby in the format as it is now would be a SECOND/THIRD heat leader.

Glad you finally agreed Sidney.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BWitcher said:

You've got it spot on. 

In a similar fashion it's why riders like Andy Smith, Chris Harris and now Craig Cook have been mocked over the years as being rubbish because they struggled in the GP's.

Someone who just watches GP speedway on TV and has no knowledge of league racing would really think they were awful!

Spot on you had  no knowledge of the riders riding in the late 60s,70s or 80s did you   you never see them ride.Yet you make things up as you go along to suit your own argument pretty sad really but nothing changes.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Spot on you had  no knowledge of the riders riding in the late 60s,70s or 80s did you   you never see them ride.Yet you make things up as you go along to suit your own argument pretty sad really but nothing changes.

Sidney, when you don't understand something and make no effort to understand it, it's best if you simply say nothing.

I don't have to make anything up, I don't have an 'argument'. What I have said is bona fide fact and no matter how much you bleat and whinge it won't change it. 

Edited by BWitcher

9 hours ago, BWitcher said:

On a similar vein...... John Wayne was a Yugoslav :D.......... thats always my counter to the 'opinion' statement

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 10:58 PM, BWitcher said:

The only valid comparison.

You don't change the riders involved, simply the league size and heat format. 

My point is simply, the bigger the league the more 'stars' you have. Especially in a 13 heat format.

Hence in the 70's you had a lot more 'star' riders who had that mystique about them because you rarely saw them get beat.

When it actually came down to it though, you still had a select few who were above the others as you do in every era.

Would you say that speedway in the uk today, is of a higher standard than back in the 70's/80's? 

On 10/7/2018 at 2:16 PM, tyler42 said:

Would you say that speedway in the uk today, is of a higher standard than back in the 70's/80's? 

Relative to world standards, clearly it is lower. 

But i think you are missing the point around how the race format and number of teams in the league influences perception of riders ability.

Edited by waiheke1
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 2:11 AM, BWitcher said:

No need for fantasy Speedibee/Adonis.

We're still waiting for the 'at least twelve' British riders who are/were better than Tai Woffinden...

I'm still waiting to find out who his rider lad is!!!