British Speedway Forum
flipper11

Stoke v Kent

Kent up against it at stoke with no facility allowed at No 1 for the missing Paul hurry. 

Don’t worry 

with Stoke’s reputation the meeting will probably be called off sometime today

1 hour ago, Argos said:

Why isn’t Hurry riding 

I think it’s because of a pre arranged grasstrack commitment.

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I thougth in the NL these days you could get a facility (r/r) for absolutely any reason?

You can providing that rider has already made an appearance for you. Unfortunately, due to rain offs Paul hasn't made his debut yet for Kent.

• Like 1

Although Plymouth got a facility for Webster who had not made an official appearance. (Meeting abandoned before heat 10, so does not count)

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Although Plymouth got a facility for Webster who had not made an official appearance. (Meeting abandoned before heat 10, so does not count)

The meeting concerned appears in the fixture list and is recorded as ‘meeting abandoned - result does not stand’ and Tim Webster had started and competed in the racing that did take place. Paul Hurry, as Jayne says, has not yet started a meeting for Kent since being declared.

8 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The meeting concerned appears in the fixture list and is recorded as ‘meeting abandoned - result does not stand’ and Tim Webster had started and competed in the racing that did take place. Paul Hurry, as Jayne says, has not yet started a meeting for Kent since being declared.

For me it's a very grey area. As Tim's personal stats will not show that meeting. But clearly a few hundred people will have seen him ride as far as the first corner so will consider that he had made an appearance. Where for me it gets cloudy is I don't understand how you can make an appearance in a meeting that did not count. I know if you play a football match that gets abandoned the appearance does not count, but ironically any yellow or red cards you received stand. Made even less simple at international level where Fifa would not count an abandoned match in a players national appearances,BUT our FA (and media statisticians) still counts it as an England cap.

For the record I have no problem with the ruling with Hurry, rules are rules even if it's goes against you.

On paper Perry, Clegg and Shuttleworth should decimate most teams including the Kent side. But they have already beaten Plymouth without having a number 1, and Stoke riders have not had a run of home matches to get dialled in. So really don't know how to call this. I think getting any points will be tough but the target must be a win of some sort. With a full side we should of been aiming for all 4.

Hard to know if the track work has improved the circuit as last week's meeting was a tad wet by all accounts. I wish both sides a safe evening and that the travelling contingent have something to cheer at the end of it.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

Just seen no thomas, if no points picked up today this could be a major dent in the kings play off chances especially if Coventry can pick up a few more points they could leap frog them by a point or 2 in the end 

I can’t remember what year it was but Andrew Tully got injured on Newcastle’s p&p day I’m sure we used R/R for him until he was fit. Have the rules changed since then I take it?

As I am someone who has completely lost the plot over rules and regulations, can someone please explain the following: Kent's no1 is missing and no facility is allowed(I understand so far) so how come they now have a guest at no1, and R/R for Thomas? Shouldn't it be R/R at no1 and guest at no5, or am I missing something that is allowed.

The feel bad factor at stoke, good grief,every rider that goes there regresses so fast, getting walloped by a side with top 2 missing and no reps.

Great stuff from kent btw , stoke are rank

• Haha 1