British Speedway Forum
flipper11

Stoke v Kent

5 hours ago, rocket007 said:

As I am someone who has completely lost the plot over rules and regulations, can someone please explain the following: Kent's no1 is missing and no facility is allowed(I understand so far) so how come they now have a guest at no1, and R/R for Thomas? Shouldn't it be R/R at no1 and guest at no5, or am I missing something that is allowed.

It's not too difficult.

Paul Hurry has been signed as the new Kent No.1, but hasn't yet taken his place in a meeting.   He was missing today because he was riding in a grasstrack.   As he has not yet turned a wheel for Kent, they are not allowed any facility.   They had to use an unsigned 3.00 rider who isn't in any NL team.  (If Hurry had ridden a match previously, they'd have been allowed a guest).

Jack Thomas was missing due to a serious illness in the family.  He has ridden for Kent all season, so they are allowed a facility for him.   As he is in the 2-5 of the team, the available facility is Rider Replacement.

It’s surprising really as someone with Malcolm Vasey,s NL experience you would think he could put together a good team, I would think he is the most experienced Promoter/Team Manager in the League 

Well our boys continue to excel in the face of adversity. With a full strength side I think any team including Mildenhall will not fancy taking us on. So proud of the young lads who have all vastly outscored their averages. Rather then getting down after the mauling at Arlington they all rolled their sleeves up and cracked on with it.

If Stoke can’t beat a team with one heat leader, 2 second strings and 3 reserves then their only hope this season is that Buxton continue to be as bad as them!

So when was it known that Thomas wouldn’t be riding? If he just didn’t turn up, as Stoke’s twitter suggested, then surely he should’ve remained in the team and the Kings should’ve had 3 lots of 3 rider races. If it was earlier in the day then it’s completely reasonable. 

Amazing result.   Looking at the teams on paper stoke should have won comfortably 

i read on Facebook during the day that jacks grandfather is terminally ill and the whole family were to be at his bedside. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

If Stoke can’t beat a team with one heat leader, 2 second strings and 3 reserves then their only hope this season is that Buxton continue to be as bad as them!

So when was it known that Thomas wouldn’t be riding? If he just didn’t turn up, as Stoke’s twitter suggested, then surely he should’ve remained in the team and the Kings should’ve had 3 lots of 3 rider races. If it was earlier in the day then it’s completely reasonable. 

Seems that Jack Thomas was kept at home by the family due to the fact that his grandfather was about to pass away. So he didn't  "just not turn up". Must have been a huge shock to Chris Hunt who was already without Hurry.

• Like 2

MV has been a total failure ever since he came to Stoke. He is simply the most experience loser now and at Stoke he's has taken losing to whole new low level. 

His post match comment from this meeting is priceless, he says "we simply are not winning enough races and it’s costing us." Really Malcolm? How astute ha, ha, ha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I can’t remember what year it was but Andrew Tully got injured on Newcastle’s p&p day I’m sure we used R/R for him until he was fit. Have the rules changed since then I take it?

You don't ordinarily use 'NL' and 'rules' in the same sentence. And it has been like this forever, it seems