British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Ipswich 18/08/2018 Ch 7:00pm

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The same as what he scores. No doubles.

I was at the meeting with my Gems team and throughly enjoyed the racing, but sadly in front of a poor crowd. Tricky first corner with ridges causing some problems.

Schlein was holding his right knee with a wad of cotton wool and was in some distress. County ambulance was cancelled and Rory was put into the medical room and that freed up the ambulance to allow the last 2 heats to be concluded. At 9.20, immediately after heat 15 the NJL riders were wheeled out, and succeeded in getting all 6 races in by 9.55pm and beating the deadline by 5 minutes. Thanks to all for their hospitality and the cooperation of all, and especially Tony Jackson, for helping to speed things up so that the fans and riders got their full fill of meetings/rides. Tidy second half with the Gems winning 21-15 with some good battles.

Oh the same no doubles, thank you. Please can you pass that on to the Sheffield management as they made a right balls of the scoring when they were there last time (so I'm told) losing by 6 points and convinced it was only 3 and thought they were in with a chance of winning so put everybody at risk in the blind slop and persisting rain just 'cos they don't know the rules and couldn't add up!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whisperer said:

Oh the same no doubles, thank you. Please can you pass that on to the Sheffield management as they made a right balls of the scoring when they were there last time (so I'm told) losing by 6 points and convinced it was only 3 and thought they were in with a chance of winning so put everybody at risk in the blind slop and persisting rain just 'cos they don't know the rules and couldn't add up!

Yes, the gain is putting in a better rider in to increase what they might have expected from the original rider. Doesn't really make that much difference (3 points max) but you get a better rider to hopefully give a better race to try and creep back points on the leading club.

27 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The same as what he scores. No doubles.

I was at the meeting with my Gems team and throughly enjoyed the racing, but sadly in front of a poor crowd. Tricky first corner with ridges causing some problems.

Schlein was holding his right knee with a wad of cotton wool and was in some distress. County ambulance was cancelled and Rory was put into the medical room and that freed up the ambulance to allow the last 2 heats to be concluded. At 9.20, immediately after heat 15 the NJL riders were wheeled out, and succeeded in getting all 6 races in by 9.55pm and beating the deadline by 5 minutes. Thanks to all for their hospitality and the cooperation of all, and especially Tony Jackson, for helping to speed things up so that the fans and riders got their full fill of meetings/rides. Tidy second half with the Gems winning 21-15 with some good battles.

Crowd was about average for Workington this year, usually get a decent increase when Glasgow are in town.

2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Crowd was about average for Workington this year, usually get a decent increase when Glasgow are in town.

i think the glasgow followers have decreased  quite a lot.  not many travel,  now that their season has about  finished . the honeymoon period is over . 

last night we were lucky to get the meeting  to the finish as the weather was very threatening . but the marras threatened the weather even more .

3 points towards the holy grail . lets hope the team , the supporters and the management get to the finish line .

it was nice to see a forum user from down soooth @ workington . . stood with us and a very ,very nice chap , welcome anytime marra .

any rider who took falls/knocks , i hope they recover quickly . inc Rory !

on a . final note , drew kemp looks an outstanding prospect . his wee battle with kyle has done them both good . he was very near to the 3rd man for points and ippo need to keep hold of him  and not let the Glasgow magnet draw drew north of the border . 

• Like 4

Firstly I must say it was nice to meet jenga and scarramanga.

Pretty close meeting score wise nearly all the way through, until the last couple of races.  Worky have a very solid team and look to have a rider in every race that could win the race.

Was hoping ipswich would get a point at least, but finally missed out on that at the end. 

I know I have knocked Cameron Heeps plenty of times this season, but last night he really was fantastic, he looked fast and smooth all evening, when a few others struggled a bit.  Also thought coty was excellent, maybe helped by the Danny King race suit. A few awkward looking falls for Rory mark and quest Worral. Rory crash looked particularly nasty as it looked like maybe he got his foot in a rut?

All in all Worky deserved their win. And i must repeat Cameron Heeps was fantastic, that's the real rider we know he can be and is.

Funny moment of the night, the mascot not being able to put what looked like an American football between the rugby post after a fair few attempts, only for what looked like one of the start a start line girl do in one attempt.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, topaz325 said:

What are the rules regarding Tactical substitute , I looked on the BSPA site but the rules were for TR from 2016!!

They have probably changed 15 times since THAT far back !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

They have probably changed 15 times since THAT far back !

Think its 6 pts down can only be use once ,but not in Heat 8.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Think its 6 pts down can only be use once ,but not in Heat 8.

tac ride = 3. 2. 1 or 0 now , no double points  .. hence all speedway scores adding up to 90 in total . as it should be ..

reading Nicolai,s schedule for the week it looks like he will be with us for redcar (away)  leakside (sat and and redcar sunday) . .

maybe rene can get out of his other fixture on sunday .. . 

Edited by jenga

20 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Firstly I must say it was nice to meet jenga and scarramanga.

Pretty close meeting score wise nearly all the way through, until the last couple of races.  Worky have a very solid team and look to have a rider in every race that could win the race.

Was hoping ipswich would get a point at least, but finally missed out on that at the end. 

I know I have knocked Cameron Heeps plenty of times this season, but last night he really was fantastic, he looked fast and smooth all evening, when a few others struggled a bit.  Also thought coty was excellent, maybe helped by the Danny King race suit. A few awkward looking falls for Rory mark and quest Worral. Rory crash looked particularly nasty as it looked like maybe he got his foot in a rut?

All in all Worky deserved their win. And i must repeat Cameron Heeps was fantastic, that's the real rider we know he can be and is.

Funny moment of the night, the mascot not being able to put what looked like an American football between the rugby post after a fair few attempts, only for what looked like one of the start a start line girl do in one attempt.

If I had known you were there I would have come over and introduced myself. I was the one with the colourful Diamonds jacket with the Gems team. 

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

If I had known you were there I would have come over and introduced myself. I was the one with the colourful Diamonds jacket with the Gems team. 

did you have your red nose on to go with the colourful jacket . ?

to be honest , i think more and more fans should be meeting @ meetings ! ! !

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jenga said:

did you have your red nose on to go with the colourful jacket . ?

to be honest , i think more and more fans should be meeting @ meetings ! ! !

You are right..more fans should meet. It's good to put a name to a face..was an honour meeting the famous jenga. And it's a face I won't forget in a hurry, I've had nightmares ever since :rofl::rofl:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, shazza13 said:

Ha ha I saw all 3 of you chatting away happily before the meeting ... 

So why didn't you say hello? 

2 hours ago, shazza13 said:

Ha ha I saw all 3 of you chatting away happily before the meeting ... 

thats why we chose that spot to meet . 3 leg ends in one spot at one time  L.O.L. for the benefit of  yourself shazza .13.:t:

baldyman .. one of the nicest people you will ever meet in your entire life , besides me .:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1