British Speedway Forum
screm

Berwick v Peterborough 18/08/2018 @ 7pm

2 hours ago, concessionscol said:

hope its a big win for the ladsl

Your hopes have come true, that's a proper tonking ....

Another outstanding 20+ return from the reserve positions. Berwick seem to be coming good. 

The mighty Bandits will take some beating over a 2 legged playoff

Fair play to them

• Like 1

A great way to finish the season, with big wins over Glasgow, Edinburgh and Peterborough. By the time everybody else catches up, I can't see it being enough to qualify for the playoffs, but even if it isn't, this team has over-achieved this season. No big names, no egos, just a good team ethic. Strength in depth has been the watchword all season and tonight again  it was reserves that made the difference.

The racing was better tonight than of late. Coincidence that there has been a bit of rain this week? Scott Nicholls was a class above. Outgated a few times, but a nice cutback on NBJ in heat 15, a swoop round Theo in heat 11 and a hard move inside Jye in heat 5. But for me the move of the night was David Howe and his cutback up the inside of Simon Lambert in heat 11. Pure class. 

• Like 1

Probably the most entertaining meeting at Shielfield this year. Reserves superb and must be already pencilled in for next year. Good to see Nikolaj back to something like his best

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight's meeting, highlight by far was Scott Nicholls who completely deserved his maximum winning races from the gate, from the back and as he proved in Ht9 not afraid to get the elbows out, great racing, great performance. Sadly for Peterborough that is where the good news ends, yes they had their problems with injuries to BWD and Palm Toft but I was disappointed that they didn't provide a stiffer test. For Berwick, very solid throughout with reserves once again proving the difference.

Now Berwick have to wait to see how others get on in their remaining meetings if we are to get a play off place. points at Ipswich and/or Peterborough in our remaining fixtures will of course help but IMO we will just fail so tonight will be our last meeting until next season.

Well done to Berwick as deserved their win tonight. Apart from Scotty who was excellent,the rest let us down. Reserves Berwick 21 Panthers 4 the telling factor.

Scott Nicholls also stayed back to watch the junior mini-match, and present the NJL trophy to the title-winning KLS Academy kids.  

I was told tonight that Bandits' final away match at Edinburgh won't be until Sept 14.  So we have a while to wait for what happens next. 

The most entertaining match of the season by far IMO.I would like too think the track was prepared that way ,but more than probable the natural watering of the track due to weather done the trick,some great racing from both teams,Peterborough were better than the score suggests,Scotty was in a different class,Bandits got stuck in too though.Just wish racing had been like that most of the season,but IMO it has been poor.The Bandits have performed above expectations for me and deserve to be in the mix for play - Off's .Lets face it the fixture planning has been not thought out very well but attendances have held up.You need a weekly speedway fix,hoping they can sort something better out for next season regarding leagues and fixtures.I know that I Personaly moan about track prep but I think tonight proves a point that it can be done (even if some riders moan about it),you have to provide entertaining racing like tonight and the fans will attend.Junior match was good and you can see the inprovement of the young lads as the season progressed.

There was such a feel good factor there tonight. Good racing.. good crowd... and a big win against another team in the top 4.. I am not the only one feeling a bit down that tonight was the last official league home meeting! It’s been a while since I’ve enjoyed travelling to away fixtures and looking at our league positions but this season has certainly brought that enjoyment back. We have over achieved this season... but my god the form we’re in right now, we seriously would be a hard meeting for most in the play offs. I do still believe that the home loss we suffered to that bunch from the West Coast will haunt us... fiddlesticks! 

9 hours ago, screm said:

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight's meeting, highlight by far was Scott Nicholls who completely deserved his maximum winning races from the gate, from the back and as he proved in Ht9 not afraid to get the elbows out, great racing, great performance. Sadly for Peterborough that is where the good news ends, yes they had their problems with injuries to BWD and Palm Toft but I was disappointed that they didn't provide a stiffer test. For Berwick, very solid throughout with reserves once again proving the difference.

Now Berwick have to wait to see how others get on in their remaining meetings if we are to get a play off place. points at Ipswich and/or Peterborough in our remaining fixtures will of course help but IMO we will just fail so tonight will be our last meeting until next season.

August 18, absolutely ridiculous state of affairs.

• Like 2