British Speedway Forum
screm

Berwick v Peterborough 18/08/2018 @ 7pm

A convincing home win to finish the regular season off with , decent performances from all the Berwick riders with all of them taking a win at some point in the meeting  . Scott Nicholls was a a class apart , easily the best visiting rider this season apart from that there was not much help for him from his teammates. Will we see any more action at Shielfield this season ? Only time will tell it felt a bit strange walking out last night not knowing weather or not we'll be back or not , hopefully we can pick something up on the road , (Armadale I'd say is probably our best chance of a point IMHO ) and few other results go our way and we will be back . 

10 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

There was such a feel good factor there tonight. Good racing.. good crowd... and a big win against another team in the top 4.. I am not the only one feeling a bit down that tonight was the last official league home meeting! It’s been a while since I’ve enjoyed travelling to away fixtures and looking at our league positions but this season has certainly brought that enjoyment back. We have over achieved this season... but my god the form we’re in right now, we seriously would be a hard meeting for most in the play offs. I do still believe that the home loss we suffered to that bunch from the West Coast will haunt us... fiddlesticks! 

:blink::lol: You really do bear a grudge to the West Coast Warriors B4eva !! I’ll be the more grown-up and congratulate Berwick on the position they finished in, who would have thought at the start of the season that two teams forecast to finish bottom of table would put a spanner in the works for the big guns and end up near the top. I won’t wait for your well wishes to us in our conquest to reach the play-offs though ;)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, concessionscol said:

scotlands  no1 team by  a long way lollol

Mel Gibson must have snuck in when nobody was looking. FREEDOM!

49 minutes ago, concessionscol said:

scotlands  no1 team by  a long way lollol

Geography not your subject I see.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

That's got to be one of the earliest finishes to a season i can remember, the Comets have still got a potential 13 Home meetings to run! Just shows how imbalanced our season has been.

8 minutes ago, Marksman said:

That's got to be one of the earliest finishes to a season i can remember, the Comets have still got a potential 13 Home meetings to run! Just shows how imbalanced our season has been.

Berwick just got on with it,nobody cared because they though we were Cr#p  now there's total panic from other clubs trying to get into top 4 before the so called cut off date ( which will be extended to suit no doubt).Ludicrious situation.Imo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Berwick just got on with it,nobody cared because they though we were Cr#p  now there's total panic from other clubs trying to get into top 4 before the so called cut off date ( which will be extended to suit no doubt).Ludicrious situation.Imo.

we heard on Thursday it had been extended:rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, Marksman said:

That and the ridiculous ruling on now Friday`s. With so many meetings to run its doubtful Workington will get all their meetings completed by the time of the cut off, when ever that is going to be.

12 minutes ago, concessionscol said:

no  scottish club near to bandits

Edinburgh is only 60 miles and we are 4th just one place behind so both are close ;).

54 minutes ago, Badge said:

we heard on Thursday it had been extended:rolleyes:

That must explain why the Ipswich v Glasgow meeting is now on September 13th. With both teams strong play-off contenders the cut-off must have been moved.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

That must explain why the Ipswich v Glasgow meeting is now on September 13th. With both teams strong play-off contenders the cut-off must have been moved.

Yes, whilst Chris Louis was breaking the news ref the postponement of the meeting he said the cut off date had been extended (why????!!!) weeks and weeks of hot weather and no meetings also less meeting this year it should not have been necessary, sadly I think our involvement might be in deciding who are in the top 4 rather than us being there:(

• Like 2

Credit to Berwick but a shameful effort by Panthers Scott excepted

5 hours ago, Taylorj said:

:blink::lol: You really do bear a grudge to the West Coast Warriors B4eva !! I’ll be the more grown-up and congratulate Berwick on the position they finished in, who would have thought at the start of the season that two teams forecast to finish bottom of table would put a spanner in the works for the big guns and end up near the top. I won’t wait for your well wishes to us in our conquest to reach the play-offs though ;)

Don’t worry about it too much Sarah  has the same feelings for Newcastle and especially Brough Park 

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 1