British Speedway Forum
screm

Berwick v Peterborough 18/08/2018 @ 7pm

Has anyone got the heat times for the NJL meeting last night ? 

3 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Has anyone got the heat times for the NJL meeting last night ? 

1) Awd 

2) 80.3

3) 70.5

4) 80.5

5) 69.2

6) 82.9

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, concessionscol said:

scotlands  no1 team by  a long way lollol

BUT they are not in Scotland , are they . or did you not know that ?

Ah but as the footy team play in the Scottish league (sic) can it not then be argued the Stadium & ground are in "Scotland"??

they only play in the Scottish league because back in 1884 they were formed and played ih the borders group against Scottish sides . it was a case of one foot to the left and you are in Scotland and another foot to the right and you are in England ! . yea , so English , but Scottish ..

On 8/19/2018 at 12:06 AM, Bandits4eva said:

There was such a feel good factor there tonight. Good racing.. good crowd... and a big win against another team in the top 4.. I am not the only one feeling a bit down that tonight was the last official league home meeting! It’s been a while since I’ve enjoyed travelling to away fixtures and looking at our league positions but this season has certainly brought that enjoyment back. We have over achieved this season... but my god the form we’re in right now, we seriously would be a hard meeting for most in the play offs. I do still believe that the home loss we suffered to that bunch from the West Coast will haunt us... fiddlesticks! 

Sorry Sarah, for me this season has been poor racing not always Berwicks fault nevertheless.  The 1st meeting against Glasgow was fantastic, brilliant racing on a well prepared track, considering the score on Saturday  I did enjoy the meeting, Apart from that the racing has been fairly poor with the odd good heat thrown in this season.  I have missed a few meetings this season to be more precise chose not to attend and it does appear that the meetings I chose not to attend were wise choices. Some fans think a win is good speedway, for me it is about good racing and the win although preferred is not the main thing over good close racing, of which there has been little this season at Berwick.  I do know that you can only race what is put in front of you, but it has not lent itself to being entertaining

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jenga said:

they only play in the Scottish league because back in 1884 they were formed and played ih the borders group against Scottish sides . it was a case of one foot to the left and you are in Scotland and another foot to the right and you are in England ! . yea , so English , but Scottish ..

Think you're getting mixed up with the hokey cokey

56 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Think you're getting mixed up with the hokey cokey

Next weeks entertainment as there is no speedway.

Colin is performing the Hokey Cokey in Cornhill village hall. Followed by The Highland Flunk, all in his Northumbrian Tartan

On 8/19/2018 at 11:30 PM, Icicle said:

Ah but as the footy team play in the Scottish league (sic) can it not then be argued the Stadium & ground are in "Scotland"??

Cardiff are in the English Premier League, Swansea in the English Championship. Try telling their fans that they’re not Welsh 

On 8/20/2018 at 9:02 AM, balderdash&piffle said:

Sorry Sarah, for me this season has been poor racing not always Berwicks fault nevertheless.  The 1st meeting against Glasgow was fantastic, brilliant racing on a well prepared track, considering the score on Saturday  I did enjoy the meeting, Apart from that the racing has been fairly poor with the odd good heat thrown in this season.  I have missed a few meetings this season to be more precise chose not to attend and it does appear that the meetings I chose not to attend were wise choices. Some fans think a win is good speedway, for me it is about good racing and the win although preferred is not the main thing over good close racing, of which there has been little this season at Berwick.  I do know that you can only race what is put in front of you, but it has not lent itself to being entertaining

I’d say you’re right Taffy. I’ve been to every meeting at Berwick this year and Saturday was by far the best meeting racing wise. Some other meetings have been closer, but dull if you’re a neutral. 

Maybe the earlier rain helped by giving the track a natural watering, the best kind. I’m no expert, but that was the general consensus. 

Edited by Shadders

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

I’d say you’re right Taffy. I’ve been to every meeting at Berwick this year and Saturday was by far the best meeting racing wise. Some other meetings have been closer, but dull if you’re a neutral. 

Maybe the earlier rain helped by giving the track a natural watering, the best kind. I’m no expert, but that was the general consensus. 

Bloody typical only second meeting missed due to my daughters birthday will need to get the DVD.I think you are right about this season.