Sign in to follow this  
bri1966

Diamonds vs Panthers Sunday 19 th August

1 minute ago, foamfence said:

Robbo's words were "he was nowhere near him."

"But may have taken my front wheel away"

Just now, Tsunami said:

"But may have taken my front wheel away"

He wasn't quoted as saying that in the text I read, If you're right I apologise.

6 minutes ago, foamfence said:

He wasn't quoted as saying that in the text I read, If you're right I apologise.

I think it's on a Facebook post.

12 hours ago, andys said:

Very enjoyable meeting raced by two committed sides, a draw would have been a fair result, my first thought was starke passed cleanly, and seemingly robbo admitted he wasn't touched so we got the decision tonight might go against us next time,, 

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

So why does Robbo admit that he wasn't touched?

13 minutes ago, foamfence said:

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think it's on a Facebook post.

Here is what Robbo says on Facebook:

I’ve just had a read of the report on BSPA site from last nights meeting and thought i should probably comment on it. I didn’t openly admit that I wasn’t touched coming into the corner, I said to Paul that I wasn’t sure if he hit me or not, either way the ref made the right call as I had nowhere to go and I didn’t fall on purpose, he came under me pretty hard and took my front wheel and I couldn’t turn the bike into the corner. It was a racing incident that could of went either way with the decision and without video technology to view it from different angles the ref has to make a call on what he saw from where he was.

• Thanks 1

Another incident involving Starke, anyone any idea why he was gesturing and flailing his arms about during and after ht 9 ? A good scraped victory in the end, that the Diamonds needed at home. Palm Toft in ht 15 might have been a better option.

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

So why does Robbo admit that he wasn't touched?

As I said ......   I thought starke had got through ......................  but the REF not me saw something as he has a better and higher angle

Given that Robbo has clarified his comments, it would appear the ref agreed with stuarts version of events ..............  and given how quickly the ref reacted .. it is clear he was expecting a fall

great meeting but the panthers claims are rather daft ..... I know they were disappointed but

• the heat 15 incident was a 50-50
  • even if robbo was excluded kus could have easily got 2nd
  • the panthers were always chasing the meeting and nearly nicked a draw - which would have been hard on newcastle
  • heat 6 when bacon fell, starke could have been put on 15m as he was so far behind and that cost us a point 

diamonds deserved the win and peterboro certainly a point   (mind you why didn't they pick toft over starke for heat 15 ..... was no brainer to me

• Like 2

It was another terrific effort by Jonny Swales and his track staff team to get the meeting on:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Another incident involving Starke, anyone any idea why he was gesturing and flailing his arms about during and after ht 9 ? A good scraped victory in the end, that the Diamonds needed at home. Palm Toft in ht 15 might have been a better option.

I think he felt that Morris had crossed the white line on bend two with both wheels!

2 hours ago, foamfence said:

so is it . i was nowhere near him ?

OR 

he was nowhere near me ?

OR  as per post ?

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

I think he felt that Morris had crossed the white line on bend two with both wheels!

He must have eyes in the back of his head, ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mauger65 said:

diamonds deserved the win and peterboro certainly a point   (mind you why didn't they pick toft over starke for heat 15 ..... was no brainer to me

Not that it showed during his 4 programmes rides but maybe he was still feeling the effects of his fall at Berwick on Saturday 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

OR 

he was nowhere near me ?

OR  as per post ?

Well it hardly matters now, after further information came to light.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

OR 

he was nowhere near me ?

OR  as per post ?

More like you cannot say that Robbo as it makes you look as you have conned the ref.Quick say something else. I stand by my decision that he was not touched and even a Newcastle fan standing next to me said the same.  

3 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

More like you cannot say that Robbo as it makes you look as you have conned the ref.Quick say something else. I stand by my decision that he was not touched and even a Newcastle fan standing next to me said the same.  

if it had been me I would have jumped off before the hit. Presumably you were in the crowd in the stand, I was at the pits gate and the speed Starke went into the inside of bend 3, as Robbo was about to turn, he would probably have left in a bigger van than the one he arrived in. Still 47-43 .