British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spl77

Ipswich vs Peterborough 23/08/18

14 minutes ago, Flappy said:

A team top of the league has to  be expecting to win this

Without our best away rider and leaving just Scott as our main heat winner. Full strength we would have won

• Like 1

Massive 4 points. 

Nicholls, Bacon, BWD & Starke won us that 

• Like 1

Well done panthers....don't think the witches like a slick track.

Is Bacon the most improved rider in the league? Very impressive.  Well done coty, shame the manager didn't see fit for you to have 7 rides....totally baffling.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Taxi for Lambert

This has to be his last season with us surely 

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well done panthers....don't think the witches like a slick track.

Is Bacon the most improved rider in the league? Very impressive.  Well done coty, shame the manager didn't see fit for you to have 7 rides....totally baffling.

Bacon and Zach W at Lakeside I'd say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

This has to be his last season with us surely 

Not if his average goes down further

Total garbage! 

Should have booked 2 guests, RR pretty damned unproductive tonight. OK just checked and it got 7pts but Rory would have got more than that. 

Nobody could gate. 

Why do we repeatedly set up the track to suit the opposition. Slick was never going to suit the Witches tonight. 

And when we actually get into a position where we could possibly (unlikely but maybe) get something from the meeting does a total knob head go for a gap that simply wasn't there! And guess what rerun was won by Tom Bacon. 

Thank heavens I also follow Mildenhall, at least I tend to come away from there with a smile on my face. 

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Argos said:

Hope Bacon is not riding himself out of a Team Place for next Season 

He's not. 

He's young and is only going to get better with more experience. First name on the Panthers team sheet for next season.

He could become a Number 1 by the end of next season, mark my words.

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Not if his average goes down further

We can't keep having the same conversation each year hoping he'll improve or stay at reserve. 

32 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Massive 4 points. 

Nicholls, Bacon, BWD & Starke won us that 

Good performance from a patched up team , I would have been happy with 1point  from the meeting so to pick 4 is an added bonus towards the play offs . Again well done lads.

That was pretty much as I expected.

Credit to Garcia for his best performance so far, Newman was on par and Kemp will only get better.

Based on the season so far I always thought it unlikely that Covatti, Heeps and Riss would all perform to the top of their game on the same night and so it proved. Covatti was a particular disappointment. I know he is popular with most but I've always thought he is too inconsistent. Both him and Heeps miss the gate three times out of four and so the track needs to be set up to suit their round the boards efforts. If it isn't then there isn't a great deal of point in having them in the team.

I thought Bacon was very good and the lad seems to be developing very well.

As someone said in an earlier post I just can’t see how you can replace schlein and king with Newman and R/R and expect to win a meeting!

great effort from drew he was on the pace all night - encouraging debut!

Coty was good value 

Heeps poor and improved to average in a couple of races but honestly don’t think he’ll be back in the UK next year, can’t see him being back at Ipswich and really not sure who he’d appeal to on his average

covatti poor although a couple of good races later on - too little too late

riss did his job - can’t expect him to always be banging in big points

Newman woeful

season over.

tom Bacon superb - have to see he’s improved year on year fantastic tonight